KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

FYI - using the model is cool, but can you please respect it's license?  i.e. it cannot be distributed under an MIT license (given it has the NC clause, which MIT lacks), and you're missing attribution both in this OP as well as the license file on SpaceDock (unless it is extraordinarily well hidden).

1 hour ago, MaxRebo said:

This is where I strongly disagree. Leaving aside that rationally, there is absolutely nothing wrong with reactors being a nuclear technology and generators an electric one (in fact, it feels more real), being used to how things were until now, this almost feels like cheating. I want to work hard for my hi-tech parts. And part cluttering is such an inherent fact of playing modded KSP that this reason is not convincing at all. I would be most pleased if you could be persuaded not to move the generators from the electrics tech tree.

Either way I'm not updating for now, simply because the changes are kind of craft-breaking-ish.

Actualy, you still require electric tech nodes. The Improved Nuclear Power only unlocks the thermal electric generator at minimum efficiency.  To make it more efficient, you need the  reseach the electric tech nodes. So although it might be slightly earlier, to use it effectvely you need to reseach more advanced electric techs. The same is true for the charged particle tech nodes

30 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

FYI - using the model is cool, but can you please respect it's license?  i.e. it cannot be distributed under an MIT license (given it has the NC clause, which MIT lacks), and you're missing attribution both in this OP as well as the license file on SpaceDock (unless it is extraordinarily well hidden).

Please look in the second post, where I have listed all relevant licenses

Edited by FreeThinker

Please look in your ZIP file where you're violating a license.  Also, as noted you can't redistribute CC-NC work under an MIT license.

Note that I am not saying this or being a stickler to be a jerk, just that I specifically chose BY NC SA for a very specific reason, and respect for licenses is important.

Edited by RoverDude

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Please look in your ZIP file where you're violating a license.  Also, as noted you can't redistribute CC-NC work under an MIT license.

Note that I am not saying this or being a stickler to be a jerk, just that I specifically chose BY NC SA for a very specific reason, and respect for licenses is important.

I don't fully understand what I'm doing wrong here, Technically only KSPI code and  config files fall under the MIT license, all part models have their seperate license

Edit: I split up the License Info and Credits in sperate section and tried to make it clear that the Nuclear Reactor modes falls under a seperate model. does this work for you now?

Edited by FreeThinker

2 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Actualy, you still require electric tech nodes. The Improved Nuclear Power only unlocks the thermal electric generator at minimum efficiency.  To make it more efficient, you need the  reseach the electric tech nodes. So although it might be slightly earlier, to use it effectvely you need to reseach more advanced electric techs. The same is true for the charged particle tech nodes

I still don't like it... will probably have to resort to moving the generators back to the electrics tree myself after every update then...

Speaking of upgrades, is the second NERVA in Improved Nuclear Propulsion supposed to be an upgrade? Because I can't find a difference in their stats anywhere, apart from its entry purchase being 25k instead of 45k. I'm still using 1.6.7, so apologies in advance if that has already been resolved (if it was indeed unintended).

14 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

Speaking of upgrades, is the second NERVA in Improved Nuclear Propulsion supposed to be an upgrade? Because I can't find a difference in their stats anywhere, apart from its entry purchase being 25k instead of 45k. I'm still using 1.6.7, so apologies in advance if that has already been resolved (if it was indeed unintended).

Yes, its an upgrade and only visible in the Techtree. Note the NERVA has actualy has 2 upgrades ( LATERN and CERMENT), each improve its power and core temperature. It represent technological advance . It also unlock more advanced fuel modes inclusing LFO mode which allows it to be use for lauching.

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Could some pleace verify if CKAN works correctly now?

Actually i take that back, 1.6.8 is up and running

Edited by Atheu
thought there was a 1.6.9 release

I have been having a lot of trouble with KSP Interstellar.  Hoping someone might be able to help.  When I load into my save I get a popup that tells me "KSP is unable to find files it needs... pls check WarpPlugin folder.." or some such. I've installed mods countless times over the years in KSP, so I know it is there.  KSP Add-on Version checker in the main menu sees it: (Bottom of Spoiler)

Spoiler

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.10240) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.4.1.3
Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.5.4.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Contract Configurator - 1.9.6
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.1
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.3
Engine Lighting - 1.4.1
Firespitter - 7.1.5
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.18
RasterPropMonitor - 0.24.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.4
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4
KIS - 1.2.3
kOS - 0.18.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.11.1
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2
NearFutureConstruction - 0.5.5
NearFutureElectrical - 0.6.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.5.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.4.4
S.A.V.E - 1.2.4.1314
Outer Planets Mod - 1.9.2
QuickHide - 3.0.3
QuickSearch - 1.2.1
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.3.2.7
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SETI-RemoteTech - 1.0
SCANsat - 1.1.4.8
SETI-Contracts - 0.9.6
SETI-CommunityTechTree - 0.9.6.3
SETI-BalanceMod - 0.9.6.1
ShipManifest - 4.4.2
Sigma Binary - 1.4
SpaceY Expanded - 1.1.5
SpaceY Lifters - 1.10
StationPartsExpansion - 0.3.4
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 5.8
TextureReplacer - 2.4.12
TAC Life Support - 0.11.2.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
TweakScale - 2.2.6
VenStockRevamp - 1.9
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.6.8
Waypoint Manager - 2.4.5

But upon loading the save it doesn't see it, and none of the parts are available in the VAB or RnD center.

Edit to add log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qv89dmlfqy7a3n/output_log.zip?dl=0

Edited by BevoLJ

4 hours ago, BevoLJ said:

I have been having a lot of trouble with KSP Interstellar.  Hoping someone might be able to help.  When I load into my save I get a popup that tells me "KSP is unable to find files it needs... pls check WarpPlugin folder.." or some such. I've installed mods countless times over the years in KSP, so I know it is there.  KSP Add-on Version checker in the main menu sees it: (Bottom of Spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.0.5 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1  (6.3.10240) 64bit
Filter Extensions - 2.4.1.3
Ambient Light Adjustment - 1.5.4.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.4.9
Contract Configurator - 1.9.6
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.1
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.3
Engine Lighting - 1.4.1
Firespitter - 7.1.5
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.18
RasterPropMonitor - 0.24.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.5
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.19.4
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.4
KIS - 1.2.3
kOS - 0.18.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.11.1
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2
NearFutureConstruction - 0.5.5
NearFutureElectrical - 0.6.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.5.4
NearFutureSolar - 0.5.5
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.4.4
S.A.V.E - 1.2.4.1314
Outer Planets Mod - 1.9.2
QuickHide - 3.0.3
QuickSearch - 1.2.1
RCS Build Aid - 0.7.7
RealChute - 1.3.2.7
RemoteTech - 1.6.9
SETI-RemoteTech - 1.0
SCANsat - 1.1.4.8
SETI-Contracts - 0.9.6
SETI-CommunityTechTree - 0.9.6.3
SETI-BalanceMod - 0.9.6.1
ShipManifest - 4.4.2
Sigma Binary - 1.4
SpaceY Expanded - 1.1.5
SpaceY Lifters - 1.10
StationPartsExpansion - 0.3.4
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 5.8
TextureReplacer - 2.4.12
TAC Life Support - 0.11.2.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.4
TweakScale - 2.2.6
VenStockRevamp - 1.9
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.6.8
Waypoint Manager - 2.4.5

But upon loading the save it doesn't see it, and none of the parts are available in the VAB or RnD center.

Edit to add log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qv89dmlfqy7a3n/output_log.zip?dl=0

From looking at the log it Seems to to me your not only having trouble with KSP but also NFE

15 hours ago, BevoLJ said:

When I load into my save I get a popup that tells me "KSP is unable to find files it needs... pls check WarpPlugin folder.." or some such.

Have you all KSPIS-E folder in the "GameData" path?76WCw0c.png

Edited by EnigmaG

12 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

From looking at the log it Seems to to me your not only having trouble with KSP but also NFE

What is NFE an acronym for? Something to do with networks? CKAN was giving a popup as well upon opening. Seems today all is working OK.  But this wasn't the first time I've had the issue. I'd like to find the cause so I can avoid it in the future.

6 hours ago, Steel Chicken said:

FYI - deactivated reactors still burn fuel.   At least on the Inertial Confinement Fusion ones.  Haven't tested the others.

Once out of LqdDeut it will still keep burning Tritium and making LqdHe3 as well.

I wasn't aware of this problem. Thanks for reporting

Edited by FreeThinker

Hi

I love the mod, at least I think so :-) I am a couple of hundred hours in the game and have reached the first KSPIE parts. The lab is in space and the magnetometer, but I have no animation on the magnetometer, it measures though but does not expand. (Also no animations on the lab, but I wasn't expecting any)

What could be the problem? 

Regards

Chris

P.S. Jool window is coming up, probe needs to go :-)

On 21-2-2016 at 7:09 PM, MacLuky said:

Hi

I love the mod, at least I think so :-) I am a couple of hundred hours in the game and have reached the first KSPIE parts. The lab is in space and the magnetometer, but I have no animation on the magnetometer, it measures though but does not expand. (Also no animations on the lab, but I wasn't expecting any)

Regards

Chris

It's ok, KSPI Dual Technique Magnetometer not have any animation. But this might change as I plan to give it more significant utility  in the future

On 21.2.2016 at 7:09 PM, MacLuky said:

Hi

Regards

Chris

Works fine for me.(1.6.8)

r9jNNSy.png

Edited by EnigmaG

Warp Power requirement depend on your Warp Power  to mass ratio and the distance to gravity wells. To decrease minimum power requirement, either Increase your warp power to vessel mass and/or  start at a greater distance from Kerbin. The speed of light requires the least amount of power, slower or faster than the speed of light, increase power requirement. The faster you travel, te more economical it will become.So long distance travel is most economical at the highest possible warp speed.

Edited by FreeThinker

12 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

Works fine for me.(1.6.8)

r9jNNSy.png

Interesting, something must be wrong in my install. The lab has no animations too. I was on 1.6.7 but will update tonight. (and deorbit my old lab to build a new one :)

Most likely this is the case. please make sure you have followed the instruction on the OP.

Btw, has anyone have any experience yet with the new Thermal Launch Nozzle and Inline Arcjet which I have recently added?

THe Thermal Launch Nozzle seprated itself from the Thermal Ramjet Nozzle by its abilty to operate more effectivly in atmosphere, it's high amouverability and it's ability to run in Hydrolox mode, allowing even a Salt Core Reactor to be used a launch rocket..

THe Inline Arcjet, not to be confused with the Linear Arcjet, is effectly 5 parts in one as it contaiin 4 libear arcjet in 4 direction and small proepllant tank, which is ideal for RCS propellants. It best location is in the top, just below the Command capsule.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.