Jump to content

KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread


FreeThinker
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Genomaniac said:

Not sure if a new bug as I haven't done much with kerbal for the last few weeks but the latest interstellar update won't let me load a few of my ships/bases running on a Mk1 molten salt reactor.

How old was that save?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like QSR is bit broken now - empty mass says it weights -64 tons, and when trying to start in orbit it spews with NRE/instaexplodes

I have latest tweak scale version.

Edit: 2.5m ISRU are bugged too - I can start any process, but if I want to start something else in another ISRU, then its menu glitches out.

I have 4 ISRU to make Hydrazine, HTP, Ammonia and electrolyze water.

Edit: There is test ship. http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/KVnLpuWo/file.html

First I enabled 4 air scoops - 2 to collect water vapor and other 2 to collect nitrogen.

Then in one I enabled water electrolysis, and in another (without shutting first isru window) HTP producing process.

 

Edit: Ammonia creation process is 5 times too slow for efficient hydrazine creation.

What about making it 5 times faster at cost of 5 times higher power consumption?

Edited by raxo2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Version 1.8.20 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2

Released on 2016-05-23

  • Fixed Negative mass in reactor with build in generator causing black screen at load
  • Fixed Upgrade placeholders for Molten Salt Reactor
  • Updated IFS to 2.0.7 which fixes mass problem with latest Tweakscale v2.2.12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I made one TW quantum vacuum mothership - it has 900 tons of weight. Max warp speed is 400c.

WAnQTxL.jpg

Quantum Vacuum TWR is around 0.3. When these engines are fired, radiators heat up to 3600 K.

It has small 1.25m antimatter starter engine.

BTW why QSR doesn't fill other tanks, when its tanks are filled? That could be represented by automatic fuel pumping.

Edited by raxo2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, raxo2222 said:

I made one TW quantum vacuum mothership - it has 900 tons of weight. Max warp speed is 400c.

WAnQTxL.jpg

Quantum Vacuum TWR is around 0.3. When these engines are fired, radiators heat up to 3600 K.

It has small 1.25m antimatter starter engine.

BTW why QSR doesn't fill other tanks, when its tanks are filled? That could be represented by automatic fuel pumping.

not sure, might have to do something with pathing

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Could you think of any hypotherical way we could extract significant amounts power from dark energy?

@FreeThinker @TheTaleteller

After watching that video, I don't think there's a way to extract ANY power from dark energy, not even an "observable but not useful" amount (at least not directly, see below). It's expanding the universe at the same rate at every point in in the universe, so there isn't any energy gradient to extract energy from.

The way Dark Energy is described in that video makes it rather obvious that they're talking about a field, not a particle or wave. Fields are carried by particles referred to as Force Carriers. For example, Electromagnetic forces can be described by exchange of Photons, Mass can be described by exchange of (recently proven to exist) Higgs Bosons, and Gravity is (theroretically) able to be described by exchage of Gravitons.

Dark energy is most simply described as the "energy required to prevent negative curvature of a volume of a volume of otherwise empty space-time in an expanding universe". This theory fits the data gathered by astronomical observations of supernova and pulsars to determine the rate of expansion of the universe.

In other words, according to this theory, scientists can use an equation to calculate the energy density of the dark energy field required to make a region of empty space-time have zero curvature.

 

If that space had no dark energy, it would be negatively curved. I think it would be reasonable to assume that increasing the amount of dark energy in a region of space-time would make it positively curved.

The ability to manipulate the curvature of a volume of space-time independently of the mass within it is gravity manipulation, because a gravitational field is described by the curvature of space-time. Ergo, manipulation of the amount of dark energy within a region of space-time is a method of manipulating the gravitational fields within that volume of space time.

This means that the QSR is already a "dark energy reactor" in that it manipulates dark energy to create energy from mass using an artificial singularity.

 

@FreeThinker

Due to the above reasoning, I propose that the name of the Quantum Singularity Reactor should be changed to "Quantum Dark Energy Singularity Reactor", as it's more descriptive of how the thing works. The effects of manipulating Dark Energy are the key to creating the singularity, and quantum-mechanical pair-production is the key reason that the large proportion of its power is ChargedParticles.

 

Regarding the problem of controlling the relativistic charged particles coming from the QSR causing it to be unable to be used with Magnetic Nozzles, I don't see a problem here, or rather I see an easily explained solution to the problem.

The gravity manipulation machinery that creates and controls the singularity can be used to control the velocity, vector, and amount of charged particles exiting the singularity, meaning the problem is "How much power can you divert to the the gravity manipulation machinery of the reactor, and how much computing power does the reactor control system have". This is not a fundamental limit imposed by the laws of physics. I'm not saying it's "easy" to do, I'm saying it's doable without adding any additional equipment to the reactor (except a better control computer, details about this below).

For an analogy, compare a steam engine running the main drive-line in a factory in the 1800's with the steam turbine running a generator in a modern coal fueled power plant. The steam engine from the 1800's engine had fully manual control (except for a mechanical speed governor) and required constant back-breaking work shoveling coal into the boiler. A modern coal power plant has machinery to pulverize the coal and feed it to the boiler, and the controls are largely automatic, mostly telling the it to "do this thing" and it figures out which valves to adjust, how much coal to feed to the boilers, etc. Of course these control mechanisms do require a small amount of power compared to the power output of the generators.

 

ALL singularities emit Hawking Radiation regardless of how they were created. Hawking radiation is just plain old heat energy (not a fundamentally different kind of radiation like I thought it was). This means that the QSR should always have some amount of ThermalPower output, perhaps at least 5-10% of gross power output as ThermalPower no matter what mode it's in.

This thermal power from the QSR should be able to be used for thermal propulsion. I mean that it "can" be used for thermal propulsion, I don't mean that it's very good at it. There are two balancing factors that make this NOT overpowered. Firstly, 90-95% (minus whatever the reactor needs to keep running) of the reactor's power will be wasted (converted to WasteHeat) because it's NOT thermal power. Secondly, that thermal nozzle is pushing around 64 tons of reactor when a ship with largely similar thermal propulsion performance could be built much lighter by using a regular fusion reactor running on D-T fuel.

Advanced control systems might also allow alternate operation modes QSR that are tuned to output a large proportion of the QSR's power as ThermalPower instead of ChargedParticles (90-95% ThermalPower, 5-10% ChargedParticles). This would not prevent the use of the Magnetic Nozzle, just like the QSR modes that supply mostly ChargedParticles wouldn't prevent you from using a Thermal nozzle with it. Nothing outright prevented, it provides lot of good reasons to not use it that way if you read the details.

 

Regarding the entire concept of explicitly preventing use of certain engine types with ANY reactor in KSPI-E, I feel that this goes against the whole concept of reactors as separate entities from the engine. Just because it's horribly inefficient doesn't mean it should be explicitly prevented from being used.

Likewise, the restrictions that "prevent" you from sending a mission to Jool using only SRBs come from the low specific impulse of the SRB's, not a "you can't use this to do that" rule in the game's code. That hasn't stopped some people from succeeding (there's a youtube video for "SRB's to Laythe" or something like that, still doesn't mean it's easy or a good idea or even sane for that matter).

IMO, KSP isn't complete without "some" crazy stuff thrown in there somewhere. And sometimes "the wrong thing done right" is more satisfying than the "correct thing done right", especially for the 50th time in a row.

 

Regarding balancing of the QSR:

I do agree with increasing the mass of the QSR to 64 t, but I realize that I keep mentioning "More advanced control systems" without mentioning any compensating balancing factors for the increased performance they would allow.

My idea is to turn those "advanced control systems" I keep mentioning into a balancing factor in their own right. I'm trying to keep the coding required to a minimum by suggesting as few changes to it as will produce the intended result.

The Computer Core part would supply the model for the part used to represent a reactor control system. This is a type of "Slaved AI", which is a non-sentient AI that has fanatical dedication to a single task due to it's programmig.

The part itself would be called the "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core". It would be upgradeable with Science points via right-click menu, but NOT via tech-tree unlocks. This forces it's science cost to be paid every time a ship is built with one. It would have two upgrades on top of the basic one; "Reactor Control Slaved Hyperturing AI Core", and "Reactor Control Dedicated Hyperturing AI Core".

A vessel that has a QSR but does not have a Reactor Control AI Core part would have the QSR act as it does now, or perhaps even harder to manage (perhaps by adding the buoyancy mechanics from the Gas Core fission reactor if that's possible). This does mean it wouldn't work with the Magnetic or Thermal nozzle engines at this level.

The effect of the "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core" part on the abilities of the QSR would vary depending on upgrade level.

  1. Adding one "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core" part to a vessel with a QSR allows it to use Magnetic Nozzles and Thermal nozzles, and would eliminate the effect of the "bouyancy effect", if that is added to the basic QSR.
  2. Upgrading the part to "Reactor Control Slaved Hyperturing AI Core" would allow the QSR to vary its power output automatically in response to demand.
  3. Upgrading the part agian to "Reactor Control Dedicated Hyperturing AI Core would allow the QSR to use the advanced operation modes that allow it to output most of its power as ThermalPower instead of ChargedParticles.

 

I have two additional applications of the Reactor Control Slaved AI Core, besides using it with the QSR.

The first would be to enable direct Proton-Proton fusion (reaction name C-N-O Cycle) in Fusion reactors, with upgrades reducing the amount of power required to keep that reaction going.

The second application is to use it to reduce or eliminate the "Buoyancy effect" in the Gas Core Fission Reactor, with the final upgrade to the Reactor Control AI Core eliminating the effect in its entirety.

 

Summary of my proposed changes, because I know this post got really huge. Now with some attempt at not making the thing totally "easy mode":

  • Change name of QSR to Quantum Dark Energy Singularity Reactor.
  • Change description of QSR to mention something about manipulating dark energy fields to make a singularity and quantum pair production resulting in a lot of Charged Particles.
  • QSR would output 5-10% of it's power as ThermalPower, due to emission of Hawking Radiation (photon radiation always travels faster than a particle with mass, so it's hard to control it without completely shutting off output of ChargedParticles).
  • Add a Reactor Control Slaved AI Core part using the model of the Computer Core which would enabling even higher performance operation modes of many different kinds of reactors, but focused mostly on advanced operation of the QSR.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been addressed already or not, but I can't seem to get microwave transceivers to function properly in relay mode. I set up a network of 4 GKO satellites trying to beam power around the planet, but for some reason they do not function when I set them to relay. But if I switch them over to receiving mode, they automatically detect the presence of my power stations. Is this user error, or a known bug? I've tried posting this question in several places and have yet to receive a response. Thanks!

eK7PXM0.png

Edited by maranble14
Added image to show what I'm talking about
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maranble14 said:

Not sure if this has been addressed already or not, but I can't seem to get microwave transceivers to function properly in relay mode. I set up a network of 4 GKO satellites trying to beam power around the planet, but for some reason they do not function when I set them to relay. But if I switch them over to receiving mode, they automatically detect the presence of my power stations. Is this user error, or a known bug? I've tried posting this question in several places and have yet to receive a response. Thanks!

eK7PXM0.png

Try deactivating the receiver.  My relay only has microwave transceivers in "relay" mode.  Relay mode both receives and sends out.  Your tranceiver that you have in "receiver" mode is probably taking away all the power the relay is trying to use.  I'm not sure if orientation matters; my relays have six transceivers (2 for each axis) in case it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also seeing a problem with mass and tweak scale.

Repro case is pretty simple

Start a new craft with any capsule

Attach a thermoelectric generator and rescale to 1.25m

Mass I normal at this point.

Attach a particle bed reactor

Mass explodes to 1400 tons.

Detaching the reactor doesn't change the mass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

not sure, might have to do something with pathing

Even with this design antimatter isn't collected.

Only internal tanks are getting filled.

 

Edit:

There is other test, while QSR fills internal tanks, transfer to other tanks doesn't work.

And what about QSR star tank, tailored for QSR fusion reactions? This way you could switch  fuels and you wouldn't run out of space,

There is this test craft: http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/trjgn9fJ/file.html

 

Edit: Inside of reactorfuels.cfg all QSR reaction products have this line: produceGlobal = False

Maybe that's why products aren't transferred to  other tanks...

All fission reactions have this to prevent actinides spreading over other reactors.

It isn't present in fusion reactions.

I cant attach pumps on it, so I just edited produce Global to True

And here are results:

 

So it wasn't pathing issues, it was config issue apparently.

Edited by raxo2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, raxo2222 said:

Even with this design antimatter isn't collected.

Only internal tanks are getting filled.

 

Edit:

There is other test, while QSR fills internal tanks, transfer to other tanks doesn't work.

And what about QSR star tank, tailored for QSR fusion reactions? This way you could switch  fuels and you wouldn't run out of space,

There is this test craft: http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/trjgn9fJ/file.html

 

Edit: Inside of reactorfuels.cfg all QSR reaction products have this line: produceGlobal = False

Maybe that's why products aren't transferred to  other tanks...

All fission reactions have this to prevent actinides spreading over other reactors.

It isn't present in fusion reactions.

I cant attach pumps on it, so I just edited produce Global to True

THere might be an easy solution, in the reactors config file, I have defined all reactors modes, includes for QSR. Now find the propton-propton reactor mode and set produceGlobal to true in the Antimappter production node. THis should distribute any produced antimatter to all antimatter containment devices on the vessel in a balanced way

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, theunbeliever said:

Try deactivating the receiver.  My relay only has microwave transceivers in "relay" mode.  Relay mode both receives and sends out.  Your tranceiver that you have in "receiver" mode is probably taking away all the power the relay is trying to use.  I'm not sure if orientation matters; my relays have six transceivers (2 for each axis) in case it does.

I had already tried that prior to making this post. I've gone through as many troubleshooting steps as I could think of before posting on here. I didn't want to come across as a total noob, so I made sure to cover all my bases beforehand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

THere might be an easy solution, in the reactors config file, I have defined all reactors modes, includes for QSR. Now find the propton-propton reactor mode and set produceGlobal to true in the Antimappter production node. THis should distribute any produced antimatter to all antimatter containment devices on the vessel in a balanced way

I did that to all modes for QSR, so I could get Deuter/He3 from p-p and other modes for AIM too.

Edited by raxo2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SciMan said:

 

 

@FreeThinker

Due to the above reasoning, I propose that the name of the Quantum Singularity Reactor should be changed to "Quantum Dark Energy Singularity Reactor", as it's more descriptive of how the thing works. The effects of manipulating Dark Energy are the key to creating the singularity, and quantum-mechanical pair-production is the key reason that the large proportion of its power is ChargedParticles.

 

Regarding the problem of controlling the relativistic charged particles coming from the QSR causing it to be unable to be used with Magnetic Nozzles, I don't see a problem here, or rather I see an easily explained solution to the problem.

The gravity manipulation machinery that creates and controls the singularity can be used to control the velocity, vector, and amount of charged particles exiting the singularity, meaning the problem is "How much power can you divert to the the gravity manipulation machinery of the reactor, and how much computing power does the reactor control system have". This is not a fundamental limit imposed by the laws of physics. I'm not saying it's "easy" to do, I'm saying it's doable without adding any additional equipment to the reactor (except a better control computer, details about this below).

For an analogy, compare a steam engine running the main drive-line in a factory in the 1800's with the steam turbine running a generator in a modern coal fueled power plant. The steam engine from the 1800's engine had fully manual control (except for a mechanical speed governor) and required constant back-breaking work shoveling coal into the boiler. A modern coal power plant has machinery to pulverize the coal and feed it to the boiler, and the controls are largely automatic, mostly telling the it to "do this thing" and it figures out which valves to adjust, how much coal to feed to the boilers, etc. Of course these control mechanisms do require a small amount of power compared to the power output of the generators.

ALL singularities emit Hawking Radiation regardless of how they were created. Hawking radiation is just plain old heat energy (not a fundamentally different kind of radiation like I thought it was). This means that the QSR should always have some amount of ThermalPower output, perhaps at least 5-10% of gross power output as ThermalPower no matter what mode it's in.

This thermal power from the QSR should be able to be used for thermal propulsion. I mean that it "can" be used for thermal propulsion, I don't mean that it's very good at it. There are two balancing factors that make this NOT overpowered. Firstly, 90-95% (minus whatever the reactor needs to keep running) of the reactor's power will be wasted (converted to WasteHeat) because it's NOT thermal power. Secondly, that thermal nozzle is pushing around 64 tons of reactor when a ship with largely similar thermal propulsion performance could be built much lighter by using a regular fusion reactor running on D-T fuel.

Advanced control systems might also allow alternate operation modes QSR that are tuned to output a large proportion of the QSR's power as ThermalPower instead of ChargedParticles (90-95% ThermalPower, 5-10% ChargedParticles). This would not prevent the use of the Magnetic Nozzle, just like the QSR modes that supply mostly ChargedParticles wouldn't prevent you from using a Thermal nozzle with it. Nothing outright prevented, it provides lot of good reasons to not use it that way if you read the details.

 

Regarding the entire concept of explicitly preventing use of certain engine types with ANY reactor in KSPI-E, I feel that this goes against the whole concept of reactors as separate entities from the engine. Just because it's horribly inefficient doesn't mean it should be explicitly prevented from being used.

Likewise, the restrictions that "prevent" you from sending a mission to Jool using only SRBs come from the low specific impulse of the SRB's, not a "you can't use this to do that" rule in the game's code. That hasn't stopped some people from succeeding (there's a youtube video for "SRB's to Laythe" or something like that, still doesn't mean it's easy or a good idea or even sane for that matter).

IMO, KSP isn't complete without "some" crazy stuff thrown in there somewhere. And sometimes "the wrong thing done right" is more satisfying than the "correct thing done right", especially for the 50th time in a row.

Regarding balancing of the QSR:

I do agree with increasing the mass of the QSR to 64 t, but I realize that I keep mentioning "More advanced control systems" without mentioning any compensating balancing factors for the increased performance they would allow.

My idea is to turn those "advanced control systems" I keep mentioning into a balancing factor in their own right. I'm trying to keep the coding required to a minimum by suggesting as few changes to it as will produce the intended result.

The Computer Core part would supply the model for the part used to represent a reactor control system. This is a type of "Slaved AI", which is a non-sentient AI that has fanatical dedication to a single task due to it's programmig.

The part itself would be called the "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core". It would be upgradeable with Science points via right-click menu, but NOT via tech-tree unlocks. This forces it's science cost to be paid every time a ship is built with one. It would have two upgrades on top of the basic one; "Reactor Control Slaved Hyperturing AI Core", and "Reactor Control Dedicated Hyperturing AI Core".

A vessel that has a QSR but does not have a Reactor Control AI Core part would have the QSR act as it does now, or perhaps even harder to manage (perhaps by adding the buoyancy mechanics from the Gas Core fission reactor if that's possible). This does mean it wouldn't work with the Magnetic or Thermal nozzle engines at this level.

The effect of the "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core" part on the abilities of the QSR would vary depending on upgrade level.

  1. Adding one "Reactor Control Slaved AI Core" part to a vessel with a QSR allows it to use Magnetic Nozzles and Thermal nozzles, and would eliminate the effect of the "bouyancy effect", if that is added to the basic QSR.
  2. Upgrading the part to "Reactor Control Slaved Hyperturing AI Core" would allow the QSR to vary its power output automatically in response to demand.
  3. Upgrading the part agian to "Reactor Control Dedicated Hyperturing AI Core would allow the QSR to use the advanced operation modes that allow it to output most of its power as ThermalPower instead of ChargedParticles.

 

I have two additional applications of the Reactor Control Slaved AI Core, besides using it with the QSR.

The first would be to enable direct Proton-Proton fusion (reaction name C-N-O Cycle) in Fusion reactors, with upgrades reducing the amount of power required to keep that reaction going.

The second application is to use it to reduce or eliminate the "Buoyancy effect" in the Gas Core Fission Reactor, with the final upgrade to the Reactor Control AI Core eliminating the effect in its entirety.

 

Summary of my proposed changes, because I know this post got really huge. Now with some attempt at not making the thing totally "easy mode":

  • Change name of QSR to Quantum Dark Energy Singularity Reactor.
  • Change description of QSR to mention something about manipulating dark energy fields to make a singularity and quantum pair production resulting in a lot of Charged Particles.
  • QSR would output 5-10% of it's power as ThermalPower, due to emission of Hawking Radiation (photon radiation always travels faster than a particle with mass, so it's hard to control it without completely shutting off output of ChargedParticles).
  • Add a Reactor Control Slaved AI Core part using the model of the Computer Core which would enabling even higher performance operation modes of many different kinds of reactors, but focused mostly on advanced operation of the QSR.

Alright I have given it some thought and I think I can give you what you want but better.

For one, I like your Idea of an Artificial Inteligence improving the performance of the QSR, but instead of limiting it to the QSR and on/off effects, I want to make it generic and effect all KSPI systems in a global way. Also, while at it,  I want to combine it with crew expertise on board. The general premise is the more advanced the computer power and higher trained the crew, the higher performance can be attained from KSPI reactors, generators, engines, RCS control,  radiators and warpdrives. Engineers would have an natrual  affinity with radiators and generator, scientist with reactor and warpdrives and pilots with engines perfornace and RCS control. The computer AI can be upgraded to multiple performance levels with science (which it already does in a limited degree). The AI will assist and the crew to optimise several aspect of the KSPI equipment, including Q factor, wasteheat distribution, engine efficiency, boyancy effects, etc This will give insentive to fit your starship crew with a full crew (3 x 3) of your most senior kerbonats and train them in the first place and reserve science to fully upgrade to the latest AI computer tech.

Secondly, I also like your idea of applying some boyancy like effect to the QSR while allowing thermal and charged particles redistribution to magnetic nozzles and thermal nozzles. But instead of startving the reactor directly (like with the Open Cucle Gas core Reactor), I want to modify the reactors Q factor at real time. THe reasoning is that the amound of power to maintain the Singularty is related to any gravitational disturbances, which includes vessel acceleration (g-gorce).  This also fits nicely with the exisitng limmitation to maximum g-force at startup. The more acceleration, the lower the Q factor and the more power is needed to maintain the singularity. We could even make it that if you are unable to maintain the Singularity while experiencing High geforce, the minature black hole break out of ireactor containment field, causing it suck up entire ship and evaperate. Perhaps some safety feature will prevent this by prematurely shutting down the reactor safely when it detect it is unable to maintain the singularity. The safety feature disadvantage would be that this would lower and limit reactor performance but could be disabled at your own risk by any brave and stupid or fearless Kerbal (like Jeb or Valentina). Either way, any high thrust will seriosly reduce the reactor effective power output, limiting effective thrust. As a result, reactor operation at the surface is still posible but highly inefficient. This can allivated to a degree by the quality of AI and trained crew, but never fully.

The name change and increased heat percentage are also good suggestions and easy to implement.

 

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

well in the screen shots I see the antimatter containment device remains empty

in second screenshot album in my post >.>

Also atmo composition is wrong:

for Venus it should be:

and in game it is around 67% of CO2 and 33% of nitrogen.

 

Edited by raxo2222
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

in second screenshot album in my post >.>

Ah, now I see, you edited your post. I still think it has something to do with resource path finding as the stock resource supplying method doesn't work. The global resource setting bypasses this by litterly adding the resource to all containers on the vessel similar to some  fuel blancing mods do. My guess is because Antimatter is a global resource, this might be the only way to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Ah, now I see, you edited your post. I still think it has something to do with resource path finding as the stock resource supplying method doesn't work. The global resource setting bypasses this by litterly adding the resource to all containers on the vessel similar to some  fuel blancing mods do. My guess is because Antimatter is a global resource, this might be the only way to do it.

what about other resources? This confing edit made hydrogen last much longer.  Also this way I can supply AIM with fuel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been having some issues with DRE changing radiator internal temperature. It turns out the problem is with KSPI DRE patch. Here is a quote from my conversation with @Starwaster

Quote
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleActiveRadiator]]:AFTER[DeadlyReentry,HeatControl]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

That patch is not being applied to anything at all.

The cause is the ordering specified. You can't specify both AFTER and FOR. You have to choose one or the other. Additionally, you can only specify one mod in either one. So AFTER[DeadlyReentry,HeatControl] won't work.

If that's where leaveTemp is being added, it doesn't matter what phase it's applied in as long as it's not FINAL. (unless it's adding ModuleAeroReentry with leaveTemp in that. Then ordering stops mattering completely)

So my advice is to either remove all phase ordering or only use FOR[WarpPlugin]

The phases (and their order of execution) is

:FIRST
:BEFORE[once for each mod]
:FOR[once for each mod]
:AFTER[once for each mod]
:FINAL

Note that there is a BEFORE, FOR and AFTER phase for each mod. The order of each group of BEFORE, FOR and AFTER is sorted alphabetically. So DeadlyReentry would get its own BEFORE, FOR and AFTER and then after awhile, WarpPlugin would get a BEFORE, FOR and AFTER.

Removing AFTER[] section from FixDRE.cfg fixes the problem and all of the radiators have their max temp set properly.

 

Also, I am still having issues with my nuclear turbojet. Reactor transfers 10% of its power as heat power to internal components. Take a notice of thermal output from KER here: http://imgur.com/Wt03W1C

Is it possible to reduce this parameter to 1-2%? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...