FreeThinker

KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

KSP_x64_2018_05_03_23_13_42_06.png

The Solid Fuel Electric Fission Reactor does not work at all:

Status:Active 0%

All requirements are met,however it does not produce any power whatsoever.

wow what is this, is it meant to be a ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read this thread and the KSPI-E wiki but I can't find any documentation on what modules I need to refine helium-3, deuterium or liquid hydrogen from regolith. I assume I need a regolith drill or a universal drill but what do I need after that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ironcladsix said:

I have read this thread and the KSPI-E wiki but I can't find any documentation on what modules I need to refine helium-3, deuterium or liquid hydrogen from regolith. I assume I need a regolith drill or a universal drill but what do I need after that? 

An ISRU processor to convert Regolith to Solar Wind and IRU refrigerator to extract the Helium 3 (both come in 2 versions)

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

An ISRU processor to convert Regolith to Solar Wind and IRU refrigerator to extract the Helium 3 (both come in 2 versions)

Thank you. There seems to be a problem in that there is no solar wind process option on my ISRU processor but there is on the refrigerator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ironcladsix said:

Thank you. There seems to be a problem in that there is no solar wind process option on my ISRU processor but there is on the refrigerator.

Yep, both ISRU parts have different jobs based on their main mode of operation. The processor is technically a heater while the refrigerator is a  a cooler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yep, both ISRU parts have different jobs based on their main mode of operation. The processor is technically a heater while the refrigerator is a  a cooler

How do I get solar wind to the refrigerator then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ironcladsix said:

How do I get solar wind to the refrigerator then? 

well you need to have to temporaily store the solarwind. There is an electrostatic container which has a configuration for solar-wind. Solarwind can by the way  also be harvested directly from the sun or interstellar medium using magnetic scoop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, FreeThinker said:

well you need to have to temporaily store the solarwind. There is an electrostatic container which has a configuration for solar-wind. Solarwind can by the way  also be harvested directly from the sun or interstellar medium using magnetic scoop.

Thanks. Do you have a Patraeon account? This mod is awesome and is basically 99% of why I'm still playing this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ironcladsix said:

Thanks. Do you have a Patraeon account? This mod is awesome and is basically 99% of why I'm still playing this game. 

Yes I have a patron account. Great to hear you having fun. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do i generate positrons effectively? i know that you have to use the free electron laser, but the amount of positrons generated is way too low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oblivion238 said:

How do i generate positrons effectively? i know that you have to use the free electron laser, but the amount of positrons generated is way too low.

use tweakscale and make a really big free electron laser and use a huge power source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having issues with warp drive returning to kerbin? I can go all the way to all other planets and the warp drive will de-warp when it gets close to a planet, but upon entering kerbin, my ship explodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ksp_circles said:

Anyone else having issues with warp drive returning to kerbin? I can go all the way to all other planets and the warp drive will de-warp when it gets close to a planet, but upon entering kerbin, my ship explodes.

Well when you exit warp and you exit speed is fast within the atmosphere, you might actually incinerate instantaneously due to g-forces. its kind of hitting the water surface falling from 100 meter height, the impact will kill you.

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any known issues with an on-render kracken that causes crafts to have all their parts go vertical and then explode  but if you time warp, cheat it to a different orbit, then cheat it back, all is well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Any known issues with an on-render kracken that causes crafts to have all their parts go vertical and then explode  but if you time warp, cheat it to a different orbit, then cheat it back, all is well?

Sorry no, sounds like a stock issue in combination with a mod part with a broken collider. Keep me updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Any known issues with an on-render kracken that causes crafts to have all their parts go vertical and then explode  but if you time warp, cheat it to a different orbit, then cheat it back, all is well?

Perhaps this will help?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/169206-131-143-worldstabilizer-bugfix-for-vessels-bouncing-on-scene-load/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Photon Sailing is coming back but better!

daiOHu3.png

Notice the beam of light coming from a beamed power station in low Kerbin orbit which is transmitting its power to the photon sail. This makes it significantly easier to send it to distance locations. When scaled down enough it can potentially even be send to nearby stars!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know if its been said before, i searched it but didnt see.. the quantum reactor makes too much antimatter.. it fills up the 80,000 tank in about 3 days. i think it was making like 6g/h

unless its supposed to be like that.. 

 

 

 

Edited by aaronsta1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aaronsta1 said:

i dont know if its been said before, i searched it but didnt see.. the quantum reactor makes too much antimatter.. it fills up the 80,000 tank in about 3 days. i think it was making like 6g/h

unless its supposed to be like that..

It is supposed to be that way. The QSR which is positioned at the end of the tech tree and is beside being the ultimate Mass to Power conversion reactor also the ultimate Antimatter factory. How else are you supposed to power your Beam core antimatter reactor and Alcubiere warp drives?

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

It is supposed to be that way. The QSR which is positioned at the end of the tech tree and is beside being the ultimate Mass to Power conversion reactor also the ultimate Antimatter factory. How else are you supposed to power your Beam core antimatter reactor and Alcubiere warp drives?

Just antiprotons, or positrons too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

Just antiprotons, or positrons too?

Hawking radiation consist of a wide variety of elemental particles, including electrons and protons and therefore  also their anti particles. Most of it consists of neutrinos and gamma rays that fly away

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Hawking radiation consist of a wide variety of elemental particles, including electrons and protons and therefore  also their anti particles. Most of it consists of neutrinos and gamma rays that fly away

If I want antimatter reactor to produce electricity, then I should  use positron antimatter reactor, right?

Also magnetic scoop is very useful for feeding QSR, as it produces antiprotons effectively.

Or just use both antimatter reactors.

As for engine mach effect one sounds good,

 

Edited by raxo2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

If I want antimatter reactor for producing electricity, then I should  use positron antimatter reactor, right?

 

Yes, the positron antimatter reactor uses as the name implies positron as an reactor fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes, the positron antimatter reactor uses as the name implies positron as an reactor fuel.

I know, I meant which one is better at producing electricity.

 

Why beam core one can't be used with MHD, but just with normal thermal generator?

 

Edited by raxo2222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.