KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

I assume LiquidFuel is Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, which contain 2 Methyl groups, like Methane, therefore they soot the engine

LOX = Liquid Oxygen, not Liquidfuel. I don't get what Liquidfuel has to do with the comment I was responding to- about LOX clogging reactors...

Regards,

Northstar

When i try to get this mod via CKAN it also give4s me toolbar plugins which i dont want.......... There is also TweakScale which is another plugin i dont want. And it gives me a special version of interstellar fuel switch which i dont think i need since i already have interstellar fuelswitch? It just seems uneccesarily bloated which keeps me from using this mod

When i try to get this mod via CKAN it also give4s me toolbar plugins which i dont want.......... There is also TweakScale which is another plugin i dont want. And it gives me a special version of interstellar fuel switch which i dont think i need since i already have interstellar fuelswitch? It just seems uneccesarily bloated which keeps me from using this mod

these are dependencies. toolbar is for the thermal helper in the VAB, which tells you how many readiators you need to keep your reactors form overheating, and for the magajoule power manager in flight, which lets you keep track of power usage/production on your craft. toolbar is needed(and a really nice mod all by itself, it implements a SO MUCH BETTER toolbar than what stock has), as the buttons for these don't show up in the stock toolbar. interstellar fuel switch is used to change contents of most of the tanks implemented by ksp interstellar extended. tweakscale is needed as the author decided to instead of implementing on part for each required size, he made the parts tweakscaleable(within reason, you can't make a small fusion reactor 5m in diameter, for example).

Version 1.1.12 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-25

• Update Interstellar Fuel Switch to 1.4
  • Fixed Cryostat boiling-off at high warp
  • Microwave Thermal Receiver Core temperature scales with received Power
  • Reduced power requirements Cryostats in SETI/NFT Mode

- - - Updated - - -

LOX = Liquid Oxygen, not Liquidfuel. I don't get what Liquidfuel has to do with the comment I was responding to- about LOX clogging reactors...

Regards,

Northstar

Sorry, I was confused I though you were talking about LFO NTR mode (LiquidFuel+Oxidizer)

Edited by FreeThinker

I've got everything running on my computer just fine, but AVC keeps telling me some of the dependencies are out of date. Is there any problem with updating the dependencies? I think Filter extensions for example is very out of date.

Some problems with the latest version... fuel tanks lost ability to switch fuels. Tested on clean version as well as on moded.

Also I don't think, that power scalling for cryostats is working, but may be it is the same problem as above.

I assume LiquidFuel is Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine, which contain 2 Methyl groups, like Methane, therefore they soot the engine

The stock Isp values don't make sense for UDMH. They're far more inline with LiquidFuel being Liquid Methane.

New Microwave Receiver Part : Microwave Sphere Receiver, which combines the recieve abilty of targeted Receiver and thermal receiver, allowing an effective 270 coverage.

tcmrBQU.jpg

Notice a microwave sphere receiver on the bottom, it will be great for building Microwave powered Plasma thruster SSTO's

Edited by FreeThinker

The stock Isp values don't make sense for UDMH. They're far more inline with LiquidFuel being Liquid Methane.

from the Real Fuels Mod I heard LiqiudFuel/Oxidizer performance is similar to UDMH/N2O4 which are easy to store and stable (like in KSP). Methane on the other hand needs Cryogenic cooling. Also, would methane work with N2O4?

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I wonder if KSPI-E is played at all. For instance, today, I did a basic test run with the microwave receivers and I immediately made 2 observations. A: line of sight, doesn't work for planets (like Kerbin) and B: Transmitters/Relays in the atmosphere do not suffer any amount of penalty. This means there is no point of building a energy station in orbit and no point of building a relay network. Problem A might be a result of the KSP 1.0 changes but problem B is strange as the KSPI Wiki mentions it specifically. Has no one ever noticed this? Anyway, I fixed both issues. Transmitterers in the atmosphere are now also effected by the same penalty you receive when the microwave-receiver is in the atmosphere. This means putting your Atmospheric power station on the top of the mountain will pay off.

from the Real Fuels Mod I heard LiqiudFuel/Oxidizer performance is similar to UDMH/N2O4 which are easy to store and stable (like in KSP). Methane on the other hand needs Cryogenic cooling. Also, would methane work with N2O4?

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I wonder if KSPI-E is played at all. For instance, today, I did a basic test run with the microwave receivers and I immediately made 2 observations. A: line of sight, doesn't work for planets (like Kerbin) and B: Transmitters/Relays in the atmosphere do not suffer any amount of penalty. This means there is no point of building a energy station in orbit and no point of building a relay network. Problem A might be a result of the KSP 1.0 changes but problem B is strange as the KSPI Wiki mentions it specifically. Has no one ever noticed this? Anyway, I fixed both issues. Transmitterers in the atmosphere are now also effected by the same penalty you receive when the microwave-receiver is in the atmosphere. This means putting your Atmospheric power station on the top of the mountain will pay off.

I answered to this in the other thread.

Just slap a small fission reactor onto a launch clamp. Easy. And to self sustain.. add a charged particle gen

~Steve

*Slaps forehead* "DOH!"

Thank you kind sir. Obvious solution and I couldn't see it. I love my SSTE (Single Stage To Everywhere) so much I tend to think in terms of my ship carrying EVERYTHING required, including reactor ignition. I better hope the reactor doesn't stall, or I'll never get it re-lit! (Holds match under ignition chamber... this will do it!)

Ok, that's the third time I try to install Interstellar Extended on three different install, and everytime I try to attach some radiators or Microwave Transceivers, the editor goes crazy and the parts are not attached, while the Thermal Vab show weird values. Sadly I'm unable to find what's wrong, can someone help me?

Here's the output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcstdu0jhh7ry92/output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok, that's the third time I try to install Interstellar Extended on three different install, and everytime I try to attach some radiators or Microwave Transceivers, the editor goes crazy and the parts are not attached, while the Thermal Vab show weird values. Sadly I'm unable to find what's wrong, can someone help me?

Here's the output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcstdu0jhh7ry92/output_log.txt?dl=0

it mentions C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp, it appears you are using a different version of unity, which is causing problems with mods with other mods, including KSPI

Something I've wanted since I first started using Interstellar back in 0.22 or so... could there be a way to automatically drop out of warp within X distance of your target? That would be super helpful, but I don't know if it would be difficult to do or not :(

If I use your mod, do I still need "Boris KSP Interstellar 0.90 Maintenance" mod ?

Not anymore. At least not for a fresh install. If you have old ships, maybe?

And I don't think anyone answered my question or I missed the answer. Is it okay to update the out of date dependencies, or will that cause issues?

Not anymore. At least not for a fresh install. If you have old ships, maybe?

And I don't think anyone answered my question or I missed the answer. Is it okay to update the out of date dependencies, or will that cause issues?

You're supposed to update dependencies whenever you can.

Version 1.1.13 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.2

Released on 2015-05-25

• FIxed Line of Sight for microwave transmissions
  • Beside at receiver, atmosphere now also affects transmitters and relays
  • Added new part: Microwave Sphere Receiver, which can receive microwave power in a 270 Degree Arc

I'm not sure, whether I should ask it here or in tweakscale thread, but here is my question.

Interstellar tanks support tweakscale and InterstellarFuelSwitch and when we change scale of them their masses are also scaled.

When I use InterstellarFuelSwitch for other tanks(for example stock ones) their drymass is calculated in two different ways. First time when I change their size with tweakscale and then when I switch their content type(and drymasses are different for the same fuel type before and after switch).

While trying these things found out that interstellar tanks have the same problem for scalling down from original 2.5 size and for some sizes scalling is quite strange. Powerscalling for cryostats still is not working...

PS In USI_NF_Mode.cfg there is still a small error

@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[interstellarInertialConfinementReactor]]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical|SETI]:FOR[WarpPlugin]

@powerRequirements =*= 0.002

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.