ISRO Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oooh! That looks like a spacecraft. IIRC it's a two-seater? Also, that SM looks kinda unusual. 3 engines and some sort of pylons? RCS?

BTW once India has their astronauts will it join the ISS research? China won't any time soon, but India isn't communist (or whatever western countries don't like about China) so there's a chance they will, right?

19 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

BTW once India has their astronauts will it join the ISS research? China won't any time soon, but India isn't communist (or whatever western countries don't like about China) so there's a chance they will, right?

We can only speculate. So far, ISRO seems to have no interest in joining the ISS, apparently. I don't think political differences play a major role here.

https://www.quora.com/Why-doesnt-India-have-any-involvement-on-the-ISS-despite-ISRO-being-one-of-the-top-space-agencies

The capsule seems to have a docking hatch on top suggesting it will dock with something. Im suggesting India will make their own space station but this is just a wild geuss.

19 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

IIRC it's a two-seater?

Its a 3 seater according to WikiPedia. The capsule is about 3100mm in diameter, (according to the graphic), for perspective, the Soyuz is just 2200mm in diameter and can fit 3 people. I think that the ISRO capsule can probably fit 5-6 people if they stacked seats on top of eachother, but i doubt that would ever happend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISRO_Orbital_Vehicle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very fast launch. Good TWR :) Though i have to admit - those pieces of ice falling from the sides made me jump, before i realised what is happening. Weird, though - i watched launches from Florida and Kourou - both warm and humid environments. But i never seen so much ice falling off.