This is a story line worked on by my friend and I worked on... He did everything here, I did the rest, coming soon... HERE IT IS!!

Spoiler

Personnel Files

Jebediah “Jeb” Kerman - Kanadian Air Force top-dog. Most decorated kerbal in military service.

Valentina “Val” Kerman - A Krushian fighter pilot assigned with the International Assault Team, left wing of Jebediah Kerman. 

William “Bill” Kerman - A leading engineer and mechanic in the K.A.F. 

Robert “Bob” Kerman - A senior scientist at the K.S.C  assigned to field missions. 

Eugene “Gene” Kerman - Former Kanadian Air Force pilot, and current Flight Director of the K.S.A. 

Walter “Walt” Kerman - K.S.A’s  head of public relations, and owner of the only hazmat suit in the K.S.A.  

Wernher von Kerman - K.S.A’s leading scientist, came out of a mysterious spacecraft with an accent. 

Linus Kerman - Wernher’s intern, and Jeb’s favorite colleague. 

Mortimer Kerman - The financial advisor, nothing interesting... 

Augustus “Gus” Kerman - Head of Operations, Bill’s step-brother. 

Kyle “Krash-o-Naut” Kerman - An ace pilot who doesn’t know  the meaning of turning on SAS.

Organizations - 

Kanadian Air Force (K.A.F) - The air defense divison for Kanada.

Kanadian Space Agency (K.S.A) - The space agency for Kanada, located on the border at the Northern Kerbin Space Center (N.K.S.C.)

North Kerbin Alliance - Alliance between Kanada, Krushia, and Kadstan.

Krushia Aeronautics United (K.A.S) - The space agency for Krushia, located on the border at the Northern Kerbin Space Center (N.K.S.C.)

Kadstan Space Division (K.S.D) - Since Kadstan is small and doesn’t want to find a large budget for a space agency, they have a division of the K.A.S. 

Southern State of Supremacy (S.S.S) - A terrorist group in the south of Kerbin, trying to take control of the population. 

Countries & Republics 

Kanada - A large northern country near the north pole.

Krushia - A semi-large country in between Kanada and the equator. On it’s border lies the N.K.S.C. 

Kadstan - A medium-size country on the western border of Kanada and Krushia. 

Republic Of  Xenoba (R.O.X) - A semi-large republic in the south. 

Senso - A small country (well now warzone) on the equator in between Krushia and R.O.X. Birthplace of the S.S.S. 

Sukoshi - A small chain of peaceful and beautiful islands. Home to the noble Samuray (That is no typo!), a chain of ancient defenders that once kept peace all across Kerbin. Their weapon was the katana. 

Error - We call the country Error because only its  population knows anything about the country.

Testing Area O132 - This claimed area is so large we consider it a country. It belongs to O.M.B Demolition Enterprises. 

Republic of Jaxern - A large country in the south, loose allies with the Northern Alliance.

Moar countries and republics to come!

Prologue - 

Fairing parts blew in every direction, revealing the Kanadian Space Agency’s first craft: Safeguard 1. Flight director and former Kanadian Air Force (K.A.F) pilot, Eugene Kerman, cheered with his fellow kerbals at Mission Control.  He quickly pulled out his phone and called Walter Kerman, head of public relations. “Go get our first recruit…” 

CHAPTER 1 - Pull Up!

Jebediah Kerman, the K.A.F’s best pilot, flew around the coastline in the Ravenspear Mk3. C7 Aerospace was always trying to impress the generals with high altitude jets for stealth missions, so they could get good contracts. Jeb watched the altimeter and slowly pitched up more. All of a sudden, the ramjet engines spark and cut off, then the SAS shut down… The batteries were fried and the air was too thin. He shoved the joystick up, hoping he could reach land. It was hopeless, the craft was already diving, then the wind shifted a rudder sent the craft spinning in chaos. “Spazz, pull up! You need to- “I CAN’T!” shouted Jeb as he tried to regain control. Spazz was his air force callname. He listened to the radio chatter, then he heard a crack. The hatch had breached, and he was sucked out of the jet. Valentina Kerman, his foreign buddy, also left wing scooped down for him.

“Remember, your air tank can act as a jetpack, Jeb” William Kerman joked. Bill was the mechanic for Jeb’s planes. “Thanks for reminding me!” Jeb quickly responded in a burst of laughter.

Jeb quickly broke the seal off his air tank and it started burst out pressurized gas. He slowed down until he hit the water. And his plane splashed down too, in a dozen pieces. Later that day, he met up with Bill and Val at the cafeteria. “You know, your trick saved my skin” Jeb said, patting Bill on the back. “You’re welcome- “Jebediah Kerman, please report to the general’s office,” the person over the loudspeaker said. “Kraken! Must have got us in trouble for that plane crash.” Jebediah whispered to Val. He walked up the steps and opened a door, where he saw Gene Kerman and his general, Kirrim Kerman. Kirrim was a special agent, known for his best-in-class stealth missions. “Jeb, remember this guy , Walt Kerman? Well he is the intern for the Flight Director of the Kanadian Space- “Space Agency? You are kidding me right? Do you want to send suicide bombers on missiles to go murder terrorists?” Jeb joked. “No Jeb, we are sending people to explore space,” Walt sternly said. Jeb stared at him, “You wanna send me into space don’t you…” Jeb said in a serious tone. Jeb’s talent was flight control, but controlling rockets? He thought about it for a second, and decided yes. “I’ll take the job, as long as I choose my colleagues.” he said with a grin. “Fine with me, meet me at the runway at 3,” Walt nodded.

At the runway, Jeb quickly ran to his favorite plane, the KU-35. He was stopped by Gus, “You’re riding first class, with me.” Walt smiled. Jeb frowned and got into the crew cabin. They flew to the  Space Center near the beach. Jeb was shown to his room and other places. “Let the horror begin.” Jeb whispered to himself.   

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

Here be the next... Done by me...

Spoiler

Chapter 2 - The Moment

“Spazz, wake up!” his flight buddy Kyle Kerman shouted as he attempted to regain control of their rocket, The Moment. Suddenly Jeb realized that he was thinking of the moment when the KSA recruited him and that lost in his thoughts he had let go of the stick! “Well there goes the LES,” Kyle said with a smile. Jeb, embarrassed at his failure to pilot the rocket shouted back at him “Do you want us to die! The Launch Escape System was one of the most important parts of The Moment and now it's gone!” to which Kyle replied calmly, “Does it matter? It wasn't like there were SRBs in it in the first place.” Jeb, not only more flustered than before but also surprised asked, “Why would they put it on then? It's just extra tonnage,” and Kyle replied “Political bureau…,” and trailed off as he switched off the SAS, took control, and sharply pulled the stick back just as the radio crackled, “Spazz! You forgot the grav…,” to which Jeb, more sourly than he ever had in his life replied, “We know about the gravity turn. How long until geosynchronous orbit?”. After what seemed like an eternity the radio crackled, “Latest estimate on your ETA is in  2.657463427374 hours. Next burn in 1.453653766736637 minutes. Burn for 13.4545664446 seconds and let the SAS point you in the correct direction.”

As soon as they reached the orbit Kyle said to Jeb, “Do you want to be the one to deploy the communications satellite. You know one of us has to be out there in that moment. That's why you and I came, that's why the craft was named what it is named,” to which Jeb replied, “You're surprisingly astute for a fellow with such a dumb nickname,” and quick as lightning fired back, “Shows how much you know. It still ain't my name,” and Jeb said, “But it is accurate. Very, very accurate,” and in answer Kyle simply smiled and nodded. Suddenly Jeb remembered to say that he wanted to deploy it and within seconds mission control was telling him to get suited up and go on EVA. As he pulled the lever to deploy the satellite’s solar array and antenna he remembered to undock the sat and suddenly thefirst satellite message popped up on his HUD, which simply said ‘Well done, you activated the first artificial satellite of Kerbin!!!’ As soon as they finished deploying them all Jeb got out of his spot in the EAS-1 External Manned Command Unit and boarded the Mk1-2 command pod. Once Jeb was buckled in Kyle gunned the throttle, then jettisoned the spent third stage, and turned the command pod’s heat shield toward Kerbin.

As they flew home Kyle said, “We won’t be back for a while, savor the sight,” as they both knew the only reason they were here was because of the politicians. If Eugene had his way the Safeguard 1 automated satellite deploy all  system would have been used, not The Moment deploy all system. After all, it wouldn't land by the Space Center and cause severe safety hazards, as they would. Suddenly they both realized that they were going to overshoot the Center and land in Error! “Time to test M.O.O.S.E.!” Kyle shouted at the radio in the panic. Suddenly a calm voice boomed from the radio, “Pilots you are given permission to test M.O.O.S.E. and the automated self-destruct system,” and Jeb, more confused than ever said “Kraken! How many secret systems are aboard?” and the radio controller said “Just those.” While Jeb wasted time Kyle had unpacked their EVA gear, thrown Jeb’s at him and his M.O.O.S.E. personal heat shield and parachute  and pulled his EVA gear and personal heat shield and parachute on, primed the Self-Destruct system, primed the hatch door and disabled all navigation systems. As soon as Jeb was ready and in position Kyle shouted, “ ON MARK THE HATCH GOES… 3… 2… 1… MARK!”

The decompression sucked both Kerbals out and away, but they had their heat shields out before atmospheric drag generated the plasma which annihilated most spacecraft. Jeb sent a text to Kyle saying ‘Thank goodness (This is an assumption) Werner von Kerman designed these.’ from his HUD via subvocalization. Kyle texted back ‘A.) he did design the…

Here are my notes...

Spoiler

EVEN MORE OF THOSE CLIFFHANGERS... I love cliffhangers... Sorry if I am a bit excessive in my use of them.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, KerBlitz Kerman said:

The decompression sucked both Kerbals out and away,

<CDR Data>Correction, sir, That's blown out.</CDR Data>

/me ducks... sorry about that, couldn't resist

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
I found the ST:TNG clip that came from!

I believe you are correct. My friend chose to create his own story so I'm alone here.  Would you like the next?

Spoiler

Chapter 3 - The Stakeout

Jeb awoke with a groan as he hauled his aching limbs off the hot, gravelly ground. As soon as he saw what was flashing on his monitor he awoke rapidly. The rest of the text was ’M.O.O.S.E. and self destruct package but B.) The explosive material used for the self-destruct package is designed for biggest explosion by Linus and he calls it Xenon Triokide. He says to keep it dry.’ Jeb sighed as he thought of how Kyle one day appeared on the runway in a old Rockomax Jumbo-64 container with wings bolted to it, filled with fuel, with 10 Wet Panther engines bolted on the side. He was sitting in a seat on top when it went boom… and he lived. That was how he got into the KAF and later the KSA. Kyle had had an uncanny knack for knowing the unknown and that was why he and Kirrim butted heads so often.

Suddenly the thought of Kyle drew attention to the fact his M.O.O.S.E. was missing. He rapidly looked around, but all he found was the survival pack, a few heat shield tiles about 3 meters of paracord, aluminum tape, and his air pack. He checked the gauge, still 285 PSI out of 405 PSI, that would last 8 hours as air, 9 minutes as a jetpack producing 2.354 kilonewtons. Suddenly he realized that he should fix his helmet, lest glass damage his eyes, mouth, or ears. He quickly taped up his helmet (light, heat and UV insulation for free) and told his helmet HUD to show the feed from the nanocam he put on his helmet (thanks to whoever gave the air pack so many tools). As quickly as he could without over straining his muscles he grabbed an axe out of the survival kit and chopped the tree whose shade he was using as shelter and replaced it with a shelter of heat/UV/light reflective tarp strung upon wooden poles.

In the shelter of his little tarp he set about building the walls. Using a mallet he set anchors in the ground for a tent,and wrapped the tent material around the tall anchors, but the sun was still up. He busied himself with soldering of a basic radio transmitter/receiver, and he reassembled the flare gun into a basic gun, as he didn't believe his landing separate from Kyle was by accident. He had reviewed the flight data and calculates that he was about a third a kilometer away from Kyle at last data set. His estimated landing site was 3.25353567 KM away from the KSA Center, and 2.76283 KM away from Kyle. He had reviewed the terrain up to 254 KM away from the landing strip and the terrain there was nothing like this. What it did bear resemblance to is Senso’s terrain. As he waited he whittled the heat shield tiles down into a makeshift Katana. He had been a guest of the Samuray once and they had taught him how to fence, block, and create Katanas. On his only tour in Senso he had rescued other stranded KAF pilots and he knew the recovery protocol. But right now he needed to nourish himself, which he did, using the least possible amount of rations while still making certain of his good health. Once the sun came up he could find a good place to transmit an SOS. But right now, he needed to rest....

Here is an update

Spoiler

I have the framework on 4, 5, & 6 set up, most of 4 done.

On 6/8/2017 at 1:34 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

On 6/6/2017 at 1:31 PM, KerBlitz Kerman said:

The decompression sucked both Kerbals out and away,

<CDR Data>Correction, sir, That's blown out.</CDR Data>

/me ducks... sorry about that, couldn't resist

Edited 21 hours ago by Gordon Fecyk
I found the ST:TNG clip that came from!

What do you mean by that TNG clip? Can you please explain?

Just now, KerBlitz Kerman said:

What do you mean by that TNG clip? Can you please explain

Explaining the joke would be like dissecting a frog.

OK I'll try... when I read the story here, which is good in its own right, I read the decompression line and then an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation popped into my head. The unflappable Commander Data corrected his superior officer when he spoke about people being 'sucked out' of the bridge.

Trek technobabble is strange. Even their chief engineers get it wrong. What can I say? He's an actor, not an engineer.

New Chapter...

Spoiler

Chapter 4 - The Rush

OS 1.1.34

GeoSatID=86

User=krashonautkrashed

Pass=*********

Protocol=EmergencyRescueTransmission

Transmission=Jeb and I jettisoned the hatch, engaged Project M.O.O.S.E. and destroyed the return vehicle as per overshoot protocol. I have landed 3.35645363 KM due south of the space center and Jeb is nowhere to be found (within 1.273 KM radius with point zero being projected landing spot). As such I believe he was deliberately sabotaged or accidentally pulled by the air trail of a  SST aircraft. I repeat Jeb is not here. I am near difficult terrain. If you airdrop a jetpack I will be able to return to water for pickup by boat.

[end transmission]

Data shorted primary capacitor bank

Transferring to secondary banks

Tertiary banks prepared

System has recovered

Primary capacitor bank online

Investigating

Diverting load

Secondary capacitors on standby

Dish retracted

[end report]

Eugene stared at the screen in shock while the satellite kerbal called out info. Eugene ignored him and muttered under his breath, “Kraken! Curse you political bureaucrats! If it weren't for you Jeb and Kyle would be sitting here now with the rest of the team instead of crash landing. I knew The Moment spacecraft wasn’t ready. Now Jeb is MIA!” and then he realized all the kerbals in mission control were staring at him, awaiting commands. He then told the telemetry kerbal to plot a course for an automated jetpack to pick up Kyle, and then return. Once Kyle was back he told him to take his pick of KSA and KAF pilots to rescue Jeb. Eugene had a sneaking suspicion that SSS was behind Jeb’s disappearance. He told Kyle to focus on Senso's terrain. ROX and Error were also key suspects in his search, but less so.

Later

In Valentina’s Jet

As Val soared over the landscape of Senso she spotted a reflective object on the surface. She then radioed Kyle, “I have spotted a small reflexive object on the surface. Can you tell the squadron to engage hover mode while I land in my jetpack,” to which Kyle replied, “Sure thing Val.” As Val soared in to land the squadron hovered above in a motley assortment of mobility units (erm, jetpacks) and VTOL jets. When she landed she spotted a Kerbal inside. When she slowly drew her gun and walked toward it, the Kerbal awoke with the swiftness of a trained military Kerbal. He then drew a flare gun (which appeared to be part of a KSA survival flare gun and pulled out a katana made of HEAT SHIELDING TILES ATTACHED TO A STICK! “Who are you?” Val said cautiously. When he didn't respond she approached him and he said, “Stand back or I’ll shoot!” and Val, who was wearing body armor rushed him attempting to cuff him. His weapon was designed to penetrate the light body armor she was wearing and it worked perfectly, sending Val flying back, bleeding.

He then saw the KAF symbol and her name on her jetpack and cried out, “NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!” he grabbed her communicator and said into it, “This is Jeb! I thought Val was SSS personnel and shot her! I need a medic NOW!!! Quick as lightning a medic dived out of his fighter jet and into his mobile medical unit which fired down toward the landscape. Once down he rapidly put pressure on the wound, extracted the flare, covered the wound, and administered a pain shot. They all boarded the medical unit, with Val’s jetpack going in the trunk. Once with the rest of the squadron Val and the medic boarded the medical transport, with Jeb going to Kyle’s jet. Kyle yelled at Jeb, then turned on the cockpit gimbal and then engaged the passenger centrifuge to make Jeb more uncomfortable (there was soon vomit all over the seats). After many hours of flight, they soon touched down at the runway, it was there at the Center the true problem would begin….

Sorry for the delay

My attempt at modernization...

THE CLOUD COPY

I will attempt to notify you as updates come out. I will be using Google Drive for this. Let me know if you have trouble accessing.

Let me know how you like the cloud!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 4:12 PM, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Data shorted primary capacitor bank

Transferring to secondary banks

Tertiary banks prepared

System has recovered

Primary capacitor bank online

Investigating

Diverting load

Secondary capacitors on standby

Dish retracted

Hmmm, I remember this from somewhere... It's based off Higher Paths' GCOS! You can see the similarities...

Spoiler

Here is my beautiful GCOS from Higher Paths:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ERROR DETECTED...

SAS DISABLED...

GCOS SHUTTING DOWN...

NOVA SYSTEM ATTEMPTING TO RELOAD GCOS...

NOVA SYSTEM FAILURE - DATA BACKED UP TO BSDB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually I didn't even think of that it was based on that email, but my system actually succeeded!

Will upload next, remember that surprise spoiler craft file... that uses it... the landing gear HAPPENED!!

[uploading to cloud]

Hey Casualnaut your higher paths was epic!!! Just don't be another Through Hardships to The Stars by @TheEpicSquared....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.