How about a roadmap, Take Two?

Squad, a public roadmap?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

Fat chance of that.

2 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

To be fair, he's asking for one from Take Two, not Squad. 

Now, I'm under no illusions that they'll give one any more than Squad would. But you know, just being clear and all. 

If we're to believe the news, Take Two owns KSP now but Squad still works on it. So not much is going to change unless Squad starts losing cash. Asking Take Two isn't going to produce a result.

Edited by regex

14 minutes ago, regex said:

If we're to believe the news, Take Two owns KSP now but Squad still works on it. So not much is going to change unless Squad starts losing cash. Asking Take Two isn't going to produce a result.

Well, since he said "kerbal franchise" I took it to mean "any news on KSP 2, or Kerbal Kart Racing, or any other K-named game?" Squad won't necessarily be involved in those. 

But I agree, we're unlikely to get an answer. This thread is an exercise in futility. 

In fact, I'm not quite sure why I'm still here...

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

4 minutes ago, regex said:

To kind of put things in perspective, I work for a mostly software company that was acquired by another Silicon Valley company well over two years ago, and I am still sitting in the same cubical. My job duties have changed a bit, but that mostly has to do with infrastructure changes as we move to Amazon's AWS servers. Slowly people are showing up from Santa Clara, mainland China - and even an Harvard educated MBA who moved here from Singapore, but the culture of the office has not changed. If anything, we are corrupting them to our 'special' Portland version of West Coast Causal. :-)

I am sure Take Two has ideas, but for the foreseeable future, it is all going to be at a higher level than any of us will see. 

Here you go:

"You can't give stuff away for free in perpetuity; there's no business model in that," Zelnick said at the Cowen and Company 45th Annual Technology, Media & Telecom Conference today.

"We are convinced that we are probably from an industry view undermonetising on a per-user basis," the executive said. "There is wood to chop because I think we can do more, and we can do more without interfering with our strategy of being the most creative and our ethical approach, which is delighting consumers."

There's wood to chop, guys... :sticktongue:

Edited by evileye.x

17 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Kerbal Kart Racing

Build your Kart from parts found lying around the junkyard then race round tracks winning funds to build a better kart! Run over the glowing parts to be able to purchase them in your garage! Collect fuel! Watch out for the Kraken!

Actually that doesn't sound bad.

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

I would actually play Kerbal Karts. Might be a good way to introduce people into a realistic physics and building engine, actually

I think it would need an iPad/Tablet building app then take your creations to friends house for the showdown.  Could be serious fun add AR and alcohol for max fun.

20 hours ago, evileye.x said:

Here you go:

There's wood to chop, guys... :sticktongue:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Expect "content packs" for sale after the already-announced expansion gets released.

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

You may not agree with the topic of this thread, but please don't post in it just to make jokes. 

This eliminates half my posts on this forum. even if I'm the only one laughing

Kerbal Kart Racer would be awesome.

Okay. Let's assume for a moment that they do publish a 'roadmap', however cautious and non committal it's wording....  We HOPE to do X in the future, we PLAN to do Y at some point.

Then imagine 6 months later all the 'But they said they were doing X and Y, and they haven't delivered yet, why no news?' posts.

As much as I would like a heads-up on what the future of KSP may hold, plans can and do, change.  Either from a deliberate change of direction, or the simple realisation that something is far more difficult to implement than first thought, or just doesn't work after all.

I could accept a 'Here's a rough outline of our plans as they stand at the moment, but it is subject to change' type statement for what it is, but many would see it as a list of 'promises'.

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

I could accept a 'Here's a rough outline of our plans as they stand at the moment, but it is subject to change' type statement for what it is, but many would see it as a list of 'promises'.

It's funny that many other game studios accomplish this exact same thing with literally none of the queasiness Squad has regarding their player's feelings about whether something is a "promise".

Edited by regex

2 hours ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that software users always live for the next version(s) as opposed to the current one.

On the contrary.  Most gamers buy games as a finished product and expect little more.  ...at least after the day 1 patch that is.  Some may expect a few DLC packs, but KSP is a exception to the rule I believe.

As far as other types of software, I can't say.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.