1.3, Heavy Mods, Crashing on Launch

Hi everyone, I am having an issue where I crash to the desktop upon clicking the green launch button in the VAB/SPH.  It seems like it tries to load but doesn't quite make it.  I'm playing the 64 bit version and have tried OpenGL and forcing DX11.  I'm running 25+ mods but didn't have trouble running this many around 6 months ago before I took a break.  Please let me know if you have any input.  Thanks in advance.

Here's the details from the latest of my many crashes.

Error:  https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/error.log?_subject_uid=496818895&w=AABnuL1IPibza1W1M_M9S17i_AGl4zeUX37acZFJiTybbw

Output Log:  https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/output_log.txt?_subject_uid=496818895&w=AAA-tbO06tm6nJOI_3DPJg3oFSQK2LTmk7YxGINe_vpBRw

32 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

What mods are you using? It's possible that some of the mods aren't updated to 1.3 yet and causing crashes.

I'll post a list once I get home from work.  I'm using CKAN so I would hope that they anything on there would be updated for 1.3 but who knows.

23 hours ago, TyroneAlfonso said:

Here is the mod list.  I've experimented with installing mods, trying to load a game, crash, repeat.  I haven't narrowed it down yet if it is indeed a mod caused problem.

WS705NLLk1-w-SoVxJxT1IpXlCCZfLb0GNg5HoyU

I can't see the picture, I think you have to change the sharing settings in google drive. 

Also seeing that you installed through CKAN you probably won't have too bad of an incompatibility problem.

A way to test is to uninstall half of your mods, see if the game load and then repeat until you narrow it down to the exact mod.

It should be visible now.  I was successful in loading on the launch pad but it CTD mid flight.  I am going through now trying to figure out if it is a mod but so far no luck.

The error log says "KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation..."  The only thing I can find on google is that it may be a memory issue but I'm never using more than 40% according to the log.  Let me know if you guys have any other ideas.  Thanks again.

THVc2IPDG07eKdy_qK_l3WGwYn_HXh3tTW1qyq4K

Edited by TyroneAlfonso

6 minutes ago, TyroneAlfonso said:

It should be visible now.  I was successful in loading on the launch pad but it CTD mid flight.  I am going through now trying to figure out if it is a mod but so far no luck.

The error log says "KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation..."  The only thing I can find on google is that it may be a memory issue but I'm never using more than 40% according to the log.  Let me know if you guys have any other ideas.  Thanks again.

Still isn't showing the picture

6 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

I am having the same problem, heres my mod list:

Note that I updated as many mods as I could.

You aren't using Module Manager for 1.3.

either that or I can't read anything in that screenshot (I'm on mobile). Looks like you are not using 2.8.0 though

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Starslinger999 said:

I am having the same problem, heres my mod list:

Note that I updated as many mods as I could.

I don't know about the others but your Near Future mods are definitely outdated.... Unless you got ahold of a testing build for 1.3 from Nertea.

Yeah, one thing to keep in mind when upgrading to 1.3, or any other version for that matter, just updating "as many mods as you can" doesn't really matter if you still have that one mod that is not updated. A good rule of thumb is to just use the officially updated mods and exclude those that have not been updated. Also, never assume that a mod from a past version will work in a newer one. 

Edited by Galileo

Ok, hopefully you can see this list now.  Via imgur:

IpNPxua.jpg

I also have the test build for NFT 1.3 but this was happening before I installed those.  Also, this is a fresh install via steam after 1.3 was released.  So far I have narrowed it down to only a few remaining mods at the bottom.  I'll weed through the rest tonight but I'm starting to think it may not be a mod issue.

On 6/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, Galileo said:

Yeah, one thing to keep in mind when upgrading to 1.3, or any other version for that matter, just updating "as many mods as you can" doesn't really matter if you still have that one mod that is not updated. A good rule of thumb is to just use the officially updated mods and exclude those that have not been updated. Also, never assume that a mod from a past version will work in a newer one. 

Ill try rebuilding my Gamedata with only updated mods and see if it works.

1 hour ago, Mystique said:

Had startup crash issue, only thing that helped to launch game was rolling back MM to ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll. Not sure how stable it'll be though.

Nope don't do this. 2.7.6 is for KSP 1.2.2 only. The reason it helped you launch the game was because it wasn't doing anything and lots of mods won't work if MM doesn't do anything

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.