[1.7.3] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

Davian Lin

6 minutes ago, alexus said:

how long?

I guess whenever he makes all new textures to avoid licensing issue that have plagued this mod in the past. Also, it’s not cool to pester devs for updates. This one will likely take some time.

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GEA v6.9.03beta
THIS IS A BETA-VERSION. So, don't expext any new textures in EVE for this update.
*Added some new flags
*Added more tips for the LoadingScreen
*Added a logo in the main menu
*Added the new atmospheric scattering for Laythe
*Jool's clouds were changed
*Fixed sunflare (use Kopernicus)
*Removed and replaced texture "sands" from KSPRC. I'm sorry, Proot...
Download now!
Z4H5e7h.png

Now the originally offending textures are gone, I'd like to flag up another licensing concern, this time over the loading screen artwork. I've managed to find about half of the images, and in all but a handful of exceptions they are either All Rights Reserved, require attribution/other caveats of CC3 or the artist has requested attribution. You might want to delete or contact the authors of the ARR images (in a couple of cases the artist has already stated they can be used with attribution) and add credits to the others to avoid another license spat (and out of courtesy, of course, even if there is no formal license).

Of course, IANAL and it might all be OK, but I'd rather this mod didn't get nuked again.

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Now the originally offending textures are gone, I'd like to flag up another licensing concern, this time over the loading screen artwork. I've managed to find about half of the images, and in all but a handful of exceptions they are either All Rights Reserved, require attribution/other caveats of CC3 or the artist has requested attribution. You might want to delete or contact the authors of the ARR images (in a couple of cases the artist has already stated they can be used with attribution) and add credits to the others to avoid another license spat (and out of courtesy, of course, even if there is no formal license).

Of course, IANAL and it might all be OK, but I'd rather this mod didn't get nuked again.

Unterstood. It's take some time.

Edited by Davian Lin

• 1 month later...

GEA v6.9.04beta now available!
GEA v6.9.04beta

• Added the new atmospheres with EVE (and Scatterer) to Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Jool and Laythe.
  • Added credits to makers of arts (look it in LSM/Credits.txt)
  • Reflections are back!
  • Surface glows are back!
    DOWNLOAD GEA FROM SPACEDOCK
Edited by Davian Lin

4 hours ago, Aaron_Gyles said:

For some reason why i try to use this mod it says "unsupported version please use 1.3..." then when i get in the game everything looks the same and its like the mod did't do anything

The unsupported version warning should not affect functionality. I'm guessing you're using 1.3.1, in which case it's basically guaranteed that you installed something incorrectly.

Edited by themaster401

34 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

The unsupported version warning should not affect functionality. I'm guessing you're using 1.3.1, in which case it's basically guaranteed that you installed something incorrectly.

Actually, what I’m guessing is that GEA bundles an outdated mod, which will cause that message to pop up. Bundled mods.. tisk tisk

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.02.2018 at 4:19 AM, Aaron_Gyles said:

Is there anyway i can fix it though?  and yeah i am using 1.3.1

Reinstall a mod please. If you will see this window again, check it in te game. If all does works, then ignore this window.

Coming soon...

oWIXGHk.png

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mr.Fox said:

"No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}" to populate".

Where are this configs located?

This config located in: BoulderCo/Textures.cfg

• 2 weeks later...