[1.7.3] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

Davian Lin

On 3/29/2019 at 11:49 AM, Avelium said:

Hello! Thank you for the mod, can't imagine KSP without it.

Unfortunately, I have an issue with performance. Without the mod my framerate on Kerbin with simple craft is around 170 fps on highest settings. But with clouds game shows only 18-20 fps (without scatterer). Perhaps i made a mistake somewhere when install mod. Can you please help me?

My specs: Ryzen 2700x, 1080Ti, 16Gb RAM, Win 10

Much appreciated!

I have similar specs to your system but do not see the same fps drop off you are seeing.  I have a lot of mods (approx 90) while running an EVE/SVE/Scatterer combo so have also worked on improving my fps in the past...and the best result was in tweaking EVE's volumetric cloud layer.  I can usually launch thru the cloud layer and maintain around 35-40fps on a 120 part ship.  Here is the info that helped me with my fps dropoff...

In a nutshell from SVE OP:

If you are still experiencing any lag from the volumetric clouds, open the EVE GUI (alt+0) and look for the cloud layer you want to change in the cloud manager. Scroll down until you find the layerVolume section of the GUI and change the visibleRange value from 10,000 to a lower number i.e. 8,000/5,000/2,000 until you get the performance you are looking for *.

* My Notes: In EVE Manager, make sure you are on 'Kerbin' and you have 'Kerbin-MainClouds' selected or you will be applying your changes to the wrong planet/layer (not that I have ever done that before...lol).  You can also tweak around with the other settings in 'layerVolume' to change the look and feel of the clouds, even elevation levels.  Here is a screen cap, may be a bit outdated but is still relevant to what you are looking for:

QMyhF9F.png

In a nutshell from the EVE OP

The most expensive effect is currently the volumetric clouds. You can turn these off in the in-game configuration dialog, or by editing the configs with a text editor. Obviously the more cloud layers, the more costly are the effects. By default, only cloud layers within 10km of the camera can produce volumetric clouds.

SVE thread: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143288-ksp-161-stock-visual-enhancements-v141-20-march-2019/

EVE thread: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149733-14-13-122-environmentalvisualenhancements-140-1/ 

Good luck and report back if you see an improvement! :cool:

Edited by Red Stapler

Your CurseForge link is broken and there is no new file there at all. Installed what you uploaded to SpaceDock on a clean 1.7 install and it's completely broken. I think you must have uploaded the wrong file, please fix this.

1 hour ago, Alex0609 said:

Your CurseForge link is broken and there is no new file there at all. Installed what you uploaded to SpaceDock on a clean 1.7 install and it's completely broken. I think you must have uploaded the wrong file, please fix this.

Wow. File on CF under review as I see... I'll fix it. Thx!

20 minutes ago, MarkusA380 said:

I am having really bad framerate issues with the latest version - 15 FPS on Kerbin's surface, with a 1080TI.

What can I do to fix this?

You can delete lightnings and Jool's auroras from the BoulderCo folder

1 minute ago, MarkusA380 said:

Can you tell me which files specfically you're talking about?

BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/aurorajool.dds
BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/aurorajool2.dds
BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/lightning.dds
BoulderCo/Atmosphere/Textures/lightningkerbin.dds

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, this mod seems to break my game.

Whatever I do I get stuck in loading screen.

Please help ? Ksp definately needs a major graphics overhaul.

P.S. i do have other mods install such as Textures Unlimited.

Edit:

I just gave it a clean install, game still locks at loading screen.

Edited by ikarus

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 3:01 AM, MarkvirsII said:

I have a problem with it where my oceans are pure white and so is my sky and when I go into map view each planet has a white outline.

So whats wrong?

I have the same issue after uninstalling the mod and any graphical mod I had due to the poor performance on my pc. I can provide a log if that can be of any use. It seem like the atmosphere shaders don't load anymore.

Edit: I noticed the scatterer menu was still available in game despite having deleted the mod folder from the gamedata folder

Edit 2: For some reasons there is a scatterer folder inside "real plume-stock" this could be the cause of this issue.

Edited by Falco01

On 5/10/2019 at 11:14 PM, ikarus said:

Hello, this mod seems to break my game.

Whatever I do I get stuck in loading screen.

Please help ? Ksp definately needs a major graphics overhaul.

P.S. i do have other mods install such as Textures Unlimited.

Edit:

I just gave it a clean install, game still locks at loading screen.

try to create the new GameData folder with squad (squadexpansion) folders

On 5/11/2019 at 7:01 AM, MarkvirsII said:

I have a problem with it where my oceans are pure white and so is my sky and when I go into map view each planet has a white outline.

So whats wrong?

Download then stock scatterer

我使用旧版本的Kopernicus(1.7.0)可以正常进入游戏,但是使用Kopernicus1.7.1无法进入游戏,一直黑屏。并且显示警告。

I used the old version of Kopernicus (1.7.0) to enter the game normally, but I couldn't enter the game with Kopernicus 1.7.1 and it was always black. And a warning is displayed.

Edited by Vanamonde

1 hour ago, zawinzala said:

我使用旧版本的Kopernicus(1.7.0)可以正常进入游戏,但是使用Kopernicus1.7.1无法进入游戏,一直黑屏。并且显示警告。

Welcome to our forum, zawinzala. :) But please post in English when not using the international subforums. 

歡迎來到我們的論壇,zawinzala。但是,如果不使用國際分論壇,請用英文發帖。

Huānyíng lái dào wǒmen dì lùntán,zawinzala. Dànshì, rúguǒ bù shǐyòng guójì fēn lùntán, qǐng yòng yīngwén fātiē.

GEA V7M3 for KSP 1.7.1

• Update for KSP 1.7.1
  • Changed Jool's auroras
  • Changed scatterer atmosphere at Duna
  • Changed scatterer atmosphere at Jool
  • Added cloud layer at Kerbin
  • Returned the materiality of stones
  • Returned JoolRings

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK
    DOWNLOAD FROM CURSEFORGE 
    *SOON*
    SDpAWSz.png
Edited by Davian Lin

GEA V7M3 does not work here with KSP 1.7.1.2539, 1.7.1 Making History and 1.0.0 Breaking Ground expansions.

To exclude interference I installed a fresh copy of the game, the DLCs and GEA as the only mod. When the menu screen loads I get a warning that

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. ..."  (I will not retype the entire warning, it is quite long.)

If I still try starting a new game it freezes on the loading screen. Background noise is playing, but only the loading animation is showing.

Kopernicus' logs don't show really useful information, however KSP's logs are full of error messages and exceptions. The packaged logs can be found here:

https://workupload.com/file/G8hqteWC

System:
Gentoo Linux

OpenGL 4.5

AMD Ryzen 2700 CPU

AMD RX470 GPU

12 hours ago, Galactic Hazard said:

GEA V7M3 does not work here with KSP 1.7.1.2539, 1.7.1 Making History and 1.0.0 Breaking Ground expansions.

To exclude interference I installed a fresh copy of the game, the DLCs and GEA as the only mod. When the menu screen loads I get a warning that

"Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. ..."  (I will not retype the entire warning, it is quite long.)

If I still try starting a new game it freezes on the loading screen. Background noise is playing, but only the loading animation is showing.

Kopernicus' logs don't show really useful information, however KSP's logs are full of error messages and exceptions. The packaged logs can be found here:

https://workupload.com/file/G8hqteWC

System:
Gentoo Linux

OpenGL 4.5

AMD Ryzen 2700 CPU

AMD RX470 GPU

Check operability of mods on one and install the Kopernicus 1.7.1-5, because GEA uses 1.7.1-4 at that time.

I installed Kopernicus 1.7.1-5, and as a second check, replaced GEA's internal Kopernicus files with the new version. Now I can start a new game, but both sky and water are just white surfaces, so textures are not being loaded.

Edited by Galactic Hazard

On 6/14/2019 at 6:54 PM, Galactic Hazard said:

I installed Kopernicus 1.7.1-5, and as a second check, replaced GEA's internal Kopernicus files with the new version. Now I can start a new game, but both sky and water are just white surfaces, so textures are not being loaded.

Hmm. Maybe reinstallation of the scatterer mod help you now..

Before I found this mod, I used a tutorial for installing visual mods (Astronomer's Visual Pack, etc.), but the tutorial is outdated and the installation process is very complicated. However, I DO think that the various visual mods used in the video look better in some instances that GEA. I really like the simple installation for GEA though, so here are a few aspects I was hoping you could either add into GEA or tell me how I can change my own settings.

• City Lights on Kerbin (Not sure if it's a setting I have turned off, but I don't see any city lights)
  • Clouds are VERY pixelated when flying through the atmosphere (again, maybe there's a setting I just need to change)
  • GEA isn't compatible with SVT (Stock Visual Terrain), but SVT really helps with the smoothness of the celestial bodies' textures. Maybe add a similar feature?
  • Night side of Kerbin feels too bright

Anyway, please let me know what you think and if any of these issues can be solved by changing my settings. Thanks!