[1.7.3] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

Davian Lin

7 hours ago, CHead2000 said:

Before I found this mod, I used a tutorial for installing visual mods (Astronomer's Visual Pack, etc.), but the tutorial is outdated and the installation process is very complicated. However, I DO think that the various visual mods used in the video look better in some instances that GEA. I really like the simple installation for GEA though, so here are a few aspects I was hoping you could either add into GEA or tell me how I can change my own settings.

• City Lights on Kerbin (Not sure if it's a setting I have turned off, but I don't see any city lights)
  • Clouds are VERY pixelated when flying through the atmosphere (again, maybe there's a setting I just need to change)
  • GEA isn't compatible with SVT (Stock Visual Terrain), but SVT really helps with the smoothness of the celestial bodies' textures. Maybe add a similar feature?
  • Night side of Kerbin feels too bright

Anyway, please let me know what you think and if any of these issues can be solved by changing my settings. Thanks!

You can find city lights in the stock EVE

I'll try to fix night side of Kerbin and pixelated clouds
But full GEA will not be compatible with SVT. You should delete the GRATerrain folder then.

14 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

You can find city lights in the stock EVE

I'll try to fix night side of Kerbin and pixelated clouds
But full GEA will not be compatible with SVT. You should delete the GRATerrain folder then.

Thanks. So... how exactly do I enable the city lights?

Hey there, thanks for your work, it seems to be pretty darn beautiful. Although I've got huge framerate issues even with an i7-9700K and RTX 2080... Kerbin runway at 10-12fps... Tried to delete lightning.dds and lightningkerbin.dds like you said earlier but it just removed every cloud in Kerbin's atmosphere, and my framerate only got pushed up to around 50fps. I deleted every other graphical mod before installing your package so it shouldn't be a compatibility issue. And I ran tests with a 60ish parts SSTO so this should'nt be a concern either. Any new ideas on how to fix this?

On 6/18/2019 at 9:02 AM, Davian Lin said:

Download EVE
Put the City Lights folder from stock EVE into BoulderCo folder from GEA

I can't find City Lights folder. There is the single file CityLights.dll only in EVE folder.

PS
Sorry for Google translate.

I finally upgraded from my potato computer to one with an actual graphics card (hello, sensible frame rates!) and installed GEA.  I love it, but there's one thing I'd like to tweak and I'm not certain where to tweak it...  I'd like to make the oceans/continents on Kerbin a little more visibly distinct (or the atmosphere a bit more transparent).  Which of the included mods is the one I need to work on?

7 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

GEALite NOW AVAILABLE!
Graphics Enhancements Assembly: Lite (v1.01)

Contains
:

• BoulderCo (clouds, dusts and auroras)
  • EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
  • TextureReplacer (logo in the main menu)
  • GEAFlags
  • Scatterer

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB

I'm confused, did you change any of the configs? Or is this just a packed up version of just downloading each mod seperately?

On 6/29/2019 at 6:02 PM, MaxwellsDemon said:

I finally upgraded from my potato computer to one with an actual graphics card (hello, sensible frame rates!) and installed GEA.  I love it, but there's one thing I'd like to tweak and I'm not certain where to tweak it...  I'd like to make the oceans/continents on Kerbin a little more visibly distinct (or the atmosphere a bit more transparent).  Which of the included mods is the one I need to work on?

scatterer

14 hours ago, Jognt said:

I'm confused, did you change any of the configs? Or is this just a packed up version of just downloading each mod seperately?

Yes, I did change some configs

I don't know where to report errors, so here i go:

The sky and water is pure white, game version 1.7.2, version of GEA also 1.7.2, GEA Was downloaded from Spacedock

EDIT: I deleted the mod and the effect is still here, i think my KSP has been permenently damaged

Edited by Lukesmith0123
New information

1 hour ago, Lukesmith0123 said:

I don't know where to report errors, so here i go:

The sky and water is pure white, game version 1.7.2, version of GEA also 1.7.2, GEA Was downloaded from Spacedock

EDIT: I deleted the mod and the effect is still here, i think my KSP has been permenently damaged

try to install the scatterer again, but save a Sunflares folder

Updates of the GEA: New Age and GEALite for KSP 1.7.3

GEA V7M3.1: New Age:

• Updated for KSP 1.7.3
  • Changed aurora texture
  • Changed Duna's scatterer atmosphere
  • Deleted CTTP terrain textures from GEATerrain
  • Deleted one of cloud layers at Laythe

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

curseforge soon*

GEALite v1.04:

• Updated configs
  • Changed aurora texture
  • Changed Duna's scatterer atmosphere
  • Added Eeloo's and Vall's fogs (Minmus fog also included)

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB

jhsGdvTEOJA.jpg

@Davian Lin wonderful mod!  I don't suppose you could do a version of this mod with only 4k textures of the following?  

4k & 8k clouds textures for Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Jool and Laythe.
5k lightnings for Eve, Kerbin, Jool and Laythe.
8k auroras for Kerbin, Laythe and Jool.

I feel like that would help frame rates quite a bit?

On 7/3/2019 at 4:17 AM, Davian Lin said:
On 6/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, MaxwellsDemon said:

scatterer

What exactly would we change as I have this request as well.  Or are you suggesting we remove it?

Thanks! :)

Edited by jpinard

I have 2 questions:

1. does GEA Lite have the same performance as https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/150386-12-para-sci-high-performance-atmosphere-pack-v11-27-october-2016/ ?

2. because Scatter and planet shine are bundled( i think) how does this effect planet modders who use those 2 mods for their planets?

On 7/14/2019 at 12:57 AM, jpinard said:

What exactly would we change as I have this request as well.  Or are you suggesting we remove it?

Thanks! :)

I did asked you to delete scatterer from GEA in this situation and download a "stock" scatterer :)

15 hours ago, Shawn Kerman said:

I have 2 questions:

1. does GEA Lite have the same performance as https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/150386-12-para-sci-high-performance-atmosphere-pack-v11-27-october-2016/ ?

2. because Scatter and planet shine are bundled( i think) how does this effect planet modders who use those 2 mods for their planets?

1. I don't think. Because I didn't playing with Sci-fi and checking it
2. Planet shine shows colors of planet on crafts which are turned by inside to the planet, scatterer works on atmosphere scattering and doesn't influences on PS, in my opinion (?..)

Edited by Davian Lin

I am having issues with the kopernicus which comes in the original game data folder as it is saying that koperncius is not properly installed and is causing the game to not load and eventually crash, can someone please advise me on what to do

9 hours ago, eddiebar said:

I am having issues with the kopernicus which comes in the original game data folder as it is saying that koperncius is not properly installed and is causing the game to not load and eventually crash, can someone please advise me on what to do

Delete and install mod again pls

Kopernicus 1.7.3-x

Edited by Davian Lin

9 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

Delete and install mod again pls

Kopernicus 1.7.3-x

I have tried that but I still keep getting a warning  sign for ksp stating that kopernucius has not correctly loaded the custom planet pack due to an exception in the loading process 

23 hours ago, eddiebar said:

I have tried that but I still keep getting a warning  sign for ksp stating that kopernucius has not correctly loaded the custom planet pack due to an exception in the loading process 

me too, and when loading game, it's come black screen with loading... and loading waited 10 minutes and loading nothing happens