[1.7.3] Graphics Enhancements Assembly (GEA)

Davian Lin

2 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Sorry, there were reports about used to have problems with terrain scatterers for mods that use Kopernicus for 1.3. So there, probably, will be no scatterers after I install the new version, am I correct?

Maybe, it's worth mentioning in the OP, since there were a lot of questions about disappearing terrain scatterers in other threads.

I readed this in the GPP topic, that terrain scatters doesn't work with a new Kopernicus on 1.3. Needed just wait a new update with fix...

On 8/16/2017 at 7:15 PM, themaster401 said:

Please. Enough.

This is ridiculous. We can't have people taking assets from a mod that stole assets from other mods. For one, the license that this mod is under, Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Sharealike gives you full right to use, modify and distribute the content in this mod given that you don't receive cash from the remixed/redist content. Second, before you decide to take textures or such, permission has to be given by the original creators of the content.

mk

20 hours ago, Artem Kerman said:

Wow. Not stoled. Please, enough hating those, who taking textures from others mods.

Does that mean I can borrow the configs?

No.

You are stealing other peoples work, especially from two people i heavily respect (Gameslinx and Master402), and you are violating their licenses. I heavily suggest that you take the download link down, or you could face flak from people that you've stolen artwork from that are way more influential in the community.

Additionally, you are opening yourself up to a Cease and Desist order, Which could land you in very hot legal waters. You could potentially go to court and face massive fines or even jail time for stealing other peoples works. Seriously, stop doing this.

Edited by kjack1111
Forgot to add some things

2 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

No.

You are stealing other peoples work, especially from two people i heavily respect (Gameslinx and Master402), and you are violating their licenses. I heavily suggest that you take the download link down, or you could face flak from people that you've stolen artwork from that are way more influential in the community.

Additionally, you are opening yourself up to a Cease and Desist order, Which could land you in very hot legal waters. You could potentially go to court and face massive fines or even jail time for stealing other peoples works. Seriously, stop doing this.

If you are leveling an accusation of violation of License Terms with regards to material within a mod, I would suggest that you point to the source material in both mods and state the License of the mod that you are claiming the original material has come from. If you do this, others can look into your accusation and make an educated decision.

As it stands, you are literally calling someone out with no evidence and no leg to stand on.

5 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

If you are leveling an accusation of violation of License Terms with regards to material within a mod, I would suggest that you point to the source material in both mods and state the License of the mod that you are claiming the original material has come from. If you do this, others can look into your accusation and make an educated decision.

As it stands, you are literally calling someone out with no evidence and no leg to stand on.

yeah no ignore this

apparently the guy that compiled the evidence went apeexcrements /shrug

Edited by kjack1111
excrementsnonononono

5 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

For those who don't want to read the sheet, apparently GEA contains 2 textures from Proot's KSPRC (which doesn't allow redistribution). The two textures are named kerbin2 and sands. 

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pack "forget" to license some packs that it ripped textures from (Which is a complete violation of said texture licenses)

On 27.08.2017 at 2:50 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

For those who don't want to read the sheet, apparently GEA contains 2 textures from Proot's KSPRC (which doesn't allow redistribution). The two textures are named kerbin2 and sands. 

Umm. These textures was replaced... So, stop hating the assembly about a licence. Enough.

On 27.08.2017 at 0:34 AM, kjack1111 said:

No.

What? Why here Gameslinx? I'm provide all licenses, it is not theft. I'll ask you to leave the topic please.

Let's not argue about who's calling shots and what's happening.

This thread is for GEA and the mod, not discussing licence issues on the main post.

I'm no moderator but i wouldn't like it if someone did the same on my forum posts, I'd use a PM.

@Gameslinx

When this mod was originally released it was ripping off textures from other mods without permission. This was not addressed until the author was called out in this thread. 

Yes, this thread is for GEA and if there are licensing issues, they should be discussed here. 

Personally, I believe the mod author has shown themselves to be untrustworthy. As such, some scrutiny should be applied to ascertain whether or not more assets have been illicitly used and or licenses violated. 

GEA v6.2 (LATEST RELEASE) 
Added the new flags, added the "GEA_TR.cfg", added Russian tips in the GEA_LoadingScreen, changed textures of stones, changed some cfg with a terrain, changed clouds at Eve, changed a velocity of the clouds at Laythe, GEA included Kopernicus is now.
tt5MXU3.png

6ZuSz2v.png

Edited by Davian Lin

I tried your mod GEA 6.2 + Kopernicus 1.3.0-6 (last release). It's a great job, awesome effects.

Nevertheless i have a bug very disturbing. The engines works correctly (propulsion + red hot effect of nozzle) but I have no smoke, no flame and no sound for all engine.

I'm looking for an incompatibility with others mods ( i removed all other mods) but no way. When i removed GEA it's good for engine.

Do you know this problem and have you a solution ?

Edited by mustard

20 minutes ago, technicalfool said:

The problem with kerbin2 and sands images still exists. Scaling them up and rotating them does not make them your own artwork.

Please address this problem. Your links have been snipped for now.

The spacedock link is still up...

3 minutes ago, minepagan said:

The spacedock link is still up...

Darnit. Edited the text, didn't remove the pic link. Well, that's fixed.

Do understand that this is only until the mod has been brought into compliance with the licensing for whatever other mods it depends on. Once that is sorted, @Davian Lin is free to put the links back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Licenses and issues with them are taken very serious, thats why modpacks arent a real thing in KSPland.

We (as in the mods here and on SpaceDock) dont like deleting your links and im sure you dont like having them deleted.

So may i suggest offering a ckan file?

:)

On 15.09.2017 at 0:32 AM, VITAS said:

Licenses and issues with them are taken very serious, thats why modpacks arent a real thing in KSPland.

We (as in the mods here and on SpaceDock) dont like deleting your links and im sure you dont like having them deleted.

So may i suggest offering a ckan file?

:)

Hmm. Okay. We can try...

Is this KSP version 2.3.0? 

Or have I or you been time machined to 2022 to get the newest version?

All jokes aside.... ThAnK:cool:

.......copyright issues?
EDIT:Might explain the time machine point of mine. Maybe it's not actually a joke hehe.

Edited by Helmetman