KSP Challenge: Place the groundstations!

7 hours ago, Azimech said:

Good job! I do the same, tweaking the design with every new flag.

Fascinating design! From the rear it looks like something real. The front is very sci-fi :-)

But a stock helicopter? Nope ;-) If you want to try one, there's one parked near Synchronous Summit. Just put a kerbal (pilot) in and fly away.

The middle and rear is inspired by the sikorsky CH 53. I worked for a couple of years on it and know it by heart.

The front is more futuristic indeed :)

Hey @Azimech

My challenge is still going strong, i made a thread in the mission report subforum...
And while chopping across the desert towards the old KSC 2 i decided to take a look at a unknown object lying along my route...

GUlTH3W.png

Valentina and Froderick examined this wonderfull (abandoned?) Dodge Kharger, or is this actually a Ford Kapri?
Its pretty rusted and Kerbals know more about rocketengines than streetcruisers...

iLmBq3d.png

Edited by Mikki
spell8D

1 hour ago, Mikki said:

Hey @Azimech

My challenge is still going strong, i made a thread in the mission report subforum...
And while chopping across the desert towards the old KSC 2 i decided to take a look at a unknown object lying along my route...

GUlTH3W.png

Valentina and Froderick examined this wonderfull (abandoned?) Dodge Kharger, or is this actually a Ford Kapri?
Its pretty rusted and Kerbals know more about rocketengines than streetcruisers...

iLmBq3d.png

I'm pretty sure if you sound the horn you'll know it's not a Ford.
By the way, it's got a flat battery but a full tank of gas. Easy to start ... can you handle the horsepower? :-P

On 6/10/2017 at 6:31 AM, million_lights said:

<snip>

I might just have to make that design (+ some changes to the nose) into an actual turboshaft heli.

But first I need to do my attempt at the challenge... I hope I'll have time to complete it... I've got an economics presentation I need to finish my part in.

5 minutes ago, gchristopher said:

So, the basic idea is to clip some small parts inside a larger part, then decouple them and that makes a bearing? (Without just installing IR.)

Correct, you can find a few on KerbalX, search for "bearing example".

Gonna give stock helis a go. Figured out a basc engine design. @Azimech, as the head expert in these kinds of things, can you suggest improvements/comment on the design?

jLesNyu.png

It actually can lift a small payload. So it does to some degree work....

uEefX1E.png

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Gonna give stock helis a go. Figured out a basc engine design. @Azimech, as the head expert in these kinds of things, can you suggest improvements/comment on the design?

jLesNyu.png

It actually can lift a small payload. So it does to some degree work....

uEefX1E.png

I can give you tips but let's continue this in the main topic (in my sig).

I guess this is a challenge conform STOL Cargojet... :D I am going to deliver another groundstation with this Kertonov 125 "Special"... It can land vertically, i hope the fuel lasts to the end...! Estimated time around 2 hours, easy... :D
Now i love the afterburner mode of this crazy engine...

ZtMfsHS.png

Edited by Mikki

Hy peeps, i just made some more points, missionreport is here!

And a single pic for all the busy:

"Dr. Seth Kerman visits his old friend Dr. Strange"

yB2xkg9.png

I think i`ve gathered 80 points so far!

Edited by Mikki

How long do we have before this challenge ends? Because I have been flying (read crashing alot) my VTOL plane, and I wonder how much time there is left in the challenge
9Hg03Ll.jpg

Edited by Wimtzw

20 minutes ago, Wimtzw said:

How long do we have before this challenge ends? Because I have been flying (read crashing alot) my VTOL plane, and I wonder how much time there is left in the challenge
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/sXR6n"><a href="//imgur.com/sXR6n"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Officially it ends tomorrow (Wednesday) but I think this can continue unofficially.

39 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Officially it ends tomorrow (Wednesday) but I think this can continue unofficially.

Oh, as a challenge in the challenge subforum? That would be cool.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

I hope so! I can't make tomorrow's deadline since work on an econ presentation took up much of my week.

Might combine a stage of this with another challenge I've been wanting to complete.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.