KSP Challenge: Place the groundstations!

Hey folks

Well, it turned out that I SUCK at this game... who would have thougt? :rolleyes:

Here is the story of my utter failiure:

At first I didn´t notice that delivery by truck isn´t worth a single point, so I went truckin for 2 days:

nqipRtT.png

I came within 60km of North Station One when I got massively bored and decided to try something a bit more thrilling. So I tried to build a hydrofoil ferry:

0dlMZHb.png

... which ran out of juice in the middle of the ocean...

Then came friday and I built my first stock helicopter:

wE5CO3E.png

It barely made it to the island runway. Not very promising. But four days later:

Pjn4u8Q.png

KIHVe1p.png

WAIT: Still no points. Sadly I cheated.;.; First, this is not the challenge save game. For some bloody reason this chopper flies absolutely fine in my build save, but when I import it into the challenge the bearings fall to pieces. But after a few devastating hours I just wanted to see if it could theoretically make the journey... Nope, it ran out of fuel about 220km too early. And even with infinifuel, landing was kinda tricky. I still have a lot to learn about helicopters... 

The only thing I got done was the easiest one. I´ve built this STOL cargo plane a long time ago and got a lot of practice landing it. I like Azimechs Groundstation, but for my last attempt I´ve built my own little truck.

51DpyCV.png

So, this summons up this challenge for me for now, since I´ll be out of town for a few days, It´s been a fun one. Building new stuff was great and all those little eastereggs and references are hilarious, well done Azimech. (though driving and flying this long distances got a bit tedious over time) May you all be more successful than I have been.

Have fun and CU :wink:

Edited by KerrMü

5 minutes ago, KerrMü said:

Hey folks

Well, it turned out that I SUCK at this game... who would have thougt? :rolleyes:

Here is the story of my utter failiure:

At first I didn´t notice that delivery by truck isn´t worth a single point, so I went truckin for 2 days:

nqipRtT.png

I came within 60km of North Station One when I got massively bored and decided to try something a bit more thrilling.

Sorry you misread the rules, delivery by truck is worth a lot of points ... partly because you need to build a good truck and it's so tedious to get it done.

Good job with these designs, I think they're beautiful!

Anyway, looking at the fact this challenge is apparently more demanding than most and since a number of people have shown interest in continuing it, maybe we can leave it running for a couple of weeks while a new one starts ... interesting idea, @Badie?

So far I haven't made a working helicopter and you'll see why in the following pictures

The propeller blades always break and fly off creating what looks to be a horrifying tornado

When I tried it with the relay inside, the kraken attacked and the shaft of the helicopter glitched out of its holder.(no pictures for this)

Here's a look inside the propeller (and whats inside the fairing)

Edited by colfighter

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.