[1.5.0] Procedural Fairings 1.5.0.5 (2018/10/18)

rsparkyc

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Dermeister said:

How do you change the textures on the fairings like you do on procedural parts? is it possible?

Check out adding a Firespitter texture switch module to the fairing CFG. - look / ask on the fireapitter thread.

Then copy the original texture, change to your liking, and add as many variations as you’d like. I have done this myself before to add logo’s and “heat shield” textures for entry style fairings.

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

Check out adding a Firespitter texture switch module to the fairing CFG. - look / ask on the fireapitter thread.

Then copy the original texture, change to your liking, and add as many variations as you’d like. I have done this myself before to add logo’s and “heat shield” textures for entry style fairings.

Cool thank you I will check it out. I feel like it will blend my rockets a lot more if I can match the textures to my fuel tanks.

• 1 month later...

So anyone else having a problem where the fairings look black in the low atmosphere?CS7pqTG.jpg

vz7HDtI.png

For those wondering, I am playing in 1.2 RO. I believe trying to download RSSVE may have caused this problem. Anyone know how to fix it?

Fire

Edited by Firemetal

Am I missing something or is it impossible to get the larger Procedural Fairing bases in career mode? I unlocked the standard/small 1.25m fairings pretty early on (either under aerodynamics or advanced construction or something, can't remember exactly) but it doesn't look like the larger (2.5m and 3.75m) sizes ever get unlocked in the tech tree. Are these just not available outside of sandbox mode?

I am using Community Tech Tree but I'm fairly confident that wouldn't affect this issue, but maybe someone else has an idea of what's going on.

1.3.1 by the way.

Edited by jaxmed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like @Phineas Freak has picked this up in @rsparkyc's absence in his own fork: https://github.com/PhineasFreak/ProceduralFairings

I'm not sure if @rsparkyc has abandoned this entirely, but maybe he'd be willing to let@Phineas Freak take over the mod? - Only if Phenias wants to, of course.

It'd be nice to get this up on CKAN again, at least.

Edited by Rohaq

So is this the current home of Procedural Fairings mod?  I tested the version at  https://github.com/rsparkyc/ProceduralFairings/releases last night very quickly and it seems to be working for 1.4.1.xxxx.  I'll do more extensive testing over the next couple nights.  I really hope and prey that this mod is kept current as I truly despise the big chunky ugly stock fairings.

Regards,

Rick M.

Edited by ctbram

I installed the 1.3 version from 

https://github.com/rsparkyc/ProceduralFairings/releases

and it removed the stock 2.5 and 3.75 shrouds from the game killing a bunch of my ships!!!!  It is true I do not like the stock shrouds but I do not want them purged from the game!!!  now I am screwed.  If I remove the procedural fairing mod I kill 4 ships currently in space.  If I do not I kill 10 ship builds from the vab!

Disregard the above message guys I sorted it out.

For anyone else not wanting to remove the stock fairings All I did was rename the stock.cfg to stock.xxx.  This is where the stock fairings get removed and replaced.
Edited by ctbram

@rsparkyc At first, i was hoping that i could just push the changes to your branch but then:

• I repackaged the PF content, so many phantom changes will appear in the git diff
  • I came across some problems with the fairing decoupler toggling feature not wanting to set the staging icons correctly (still unresolved)

Everything else works (texture switching, fairing side density and shape changes) but it is still a WIP.

On 2018-04-06 at 4:11 AM, ctbram said:

If I do not I kill 10 ship builds from the vab!

What do you mean? Can't you just switch out to a new fairing instead?

Edit: Sorry I didn't see your microtext. disregard my comment :)

Edited by Schmelge

2 hours ago, Schmelge said:

What do you mean? Can't you just switch out to a new fairing instead?

not really.  The ships I have already built with the stock fairings I want to keep that way.

I found a solution though.  I just deleted the .cfg file that removed the stock 1.25 and 2.5 and 3.75 stock fairings so now I can choose either stock or PF fairings.  I saw no need to kill the stock fairings completely.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see your microtext. disregard my comment :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.4.2018 at 10:15 AM, Phineas Freak said:

@rsparkyc At first, i was hoping that i could just push the changes to your branch but then:

• I repackaged the PF content, so many phantom changes will appear in the git diff
  • I came across some problems with the fairing decoupler toggling feature not wanting to set the staging icons correctly (still unresolved)

Everything else works (texture switching, fairing side density and shape changes) but it is still a WIP.

Nice to see PF is alive. =) Do I get it right, that your version on github is kinda beta version for testng? Or would you rather recommend not to use it at all yet?

Besides that, does anyone have experience with the KSP 1.3 version of it on 1.4x? Thanks! =)

• 3 weeks later...

@rsparkyc the github download is the source code plus the plugin but without parts. I can merge, but I prefer to have a proper archive. :P

Edit:

sorry, forget it, all files are in one folder "plugin" now, also parts and textures ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

28 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@rsparkyc the github download is the source code plus the plugin but without parts. I can merge, but I prefer to have a proper archive. :P

Edit:

sorry, forget it, all files are in one folder "plugin" now, also parts and textures ...

Actually, that's my bad.  I created a proper release, but forgot to tag in on the releases page.  I'll do that now.

EDIT: Updated, that should be better.  Thanks for letting me know!

Edited by rsparkyc

18 minutes ago, CodeFantastic said:

Not sure if I downloaded it wrong, but the fairings aren't showing up anywhere in game 

Yeah, I should have seen that, the configs point to the wrong directory.

When I start complaining I should do it well... :cool:

Edit:

@rsparkyc please fix and use subfolders! :P

Edited by Gordon Dry

So, some feedback.

Before I tried the latest updated version by @rsparkyc I used the build from PhineasFreak and it was just better:
https://github.com/PhineasFreak/ProceduralFairings, for example 

For example it has the feature of "density", so kinda thickness/stiffness of the fairing sides.

And the folders are more organized :P

Edited by Gordon Dry