[1.5.0] Procedural Fairings 1.5.0.5 (2018/10/18)

rsparkyc

On 5/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@rsparkyc

Did you change the version numbering of Procedural Fairings?  I see it went from v5 to 1.4.3.1

If so, please let me know and I will fix CKAN to understand the change

@rsparkyc

It would be helpful if you could add a .version file, it's easy to make and maintain, and will help both CKAN and AVC to keep track of new releases without any other work.

Yes, a version format change came in from the work that @Phineas Freak did.  I can work on adding a .version file and put that in the 1.4.3.2 release

52 minutes ago, rsparkyc said:

@linuxgurugamer Just released 1.4.3.2, which now has a .version file within it.  Can you tell me if that looks better?

You have a syntax error in the file, no comma after the download line

I suggest using the following website to validate the JSON:

https://jsonformatter.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just noticed that procedural fairings makes the stock fairings disappear.  How do I get them back.  there are still a couple of use cases where the stock fairings are still useful.  Not to mention it breaks any .crafts that use the stock fairings

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Hi,

I really like this MOD and use it a lot, however currently I need to put a base on wheels and discovered something strange, that looks like a bug:

Wheels inside a fairing do receive drag and thermal stress even if well inside.

It only happens if you put it on the launch pad, in VAB they are counted as shielded, outside not anymore:

TZiT1Ur.png

3XPH8B3.png

I am using following mods:

• KerbalEngineer
  • MechJeb2
  • PartAngleDisplay
  • ProceduralFairings
  • SpaceY-Lifters
  • SpaceY-Expanded
  • TacFuelBalancer
  • Trajectories

I tried different wheels, real insane large fairings but could not get them protected.

Edited by CBase

I had some time to get into kerbal modding and looked into the source and found that it seems related to wheels and landing legs special colliders. The bounding box checks are fast enough for me, so I just replaced the troublesome line with ship / vessel complete part list, which fixes the issue. Change is pushed into my fork, feel free to add.

• 1 month later...

How do I avoid this:
I0Q1aym.png

when using this:
ROMini.cfg

// Handle proc fairings.
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]:FOR[zROMini]:NEEDS[!RealismOverhaul]
{
	%rescaleFactor = 1.0
	@MODEL
	{
		%scale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
	}
	stack_top0 = #$node_stack_top[0]$
	stack_top1 = #$node_stack_top[1]$
	stack_top2 = #$node_stack_top[2]$
	@stack_top0 *= 1.6
	@stack_top1 *= 1.6
	@stack_top2 *= 1.6
	stack_top_new = #$stack_top0$,$stack_top1$,$stack_top2$,$node_stack_top[3]$,$node_stack_top[4]$,$node_stack_top[5]$,$node_stack_top[6]$
	@node_stack_top = #$stack_top_new$
	!stack_top0 = DEL
	!stack_top1 = DEL
	!stack_top2 = DEL
	!stack_top_new = DEL

stack_bottom0 = #$node_stack_bottom[0]$
	stack_bottom1 = #$node_stack_bottom[1]$
	stack_bottom2 = #$node_stack_bottom[2]$
	@stack_bottom0 *= 1.6
	@stack_bottom1 *= 1.6
	@stack_bottom2 *= 1.6
	stack_bottom_new = #$stack_bottom0$,$stack_bottom1$,$stack_bottom2$,$node_stack_bottom[3]$,$node_stack_bottom[4]$,$node_stack_bottom[5]$,$node_stack_bottom[6]$
	@node_stack_bottom = #$stack_bottom_new$
	!stack_bottom0 = DEL
	!stack_bottom1 = DEL
	!stack_bottom2 = DEL
	!stack_bottom_new = DEL

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@baseRadius *= 1.6
		@maxRadius *= 1.6
		//@capRadius *= 1.6
		@snapThreshold *= 1.6

//@xSectionHeightMin = 0.2
		@xSectionHeightMax *= 2

//edgeSlide = 0.15
		//edgeWarp = 0
		//noseTip = 0.7

@UnitAreaMass = 0.0075
		@UnitAreaCost = 6
	}
}

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, as I'm here thanks for the great works! I'm so much used to RP-0 where proc fairings are availables at start in career, but that'st not the case in stock..

Could you help/advice me for making MM patch that would allow make them available at start with no size limit restrictions?

@rsparkyc

EDIT: Don't mind, I've just found solution and make a little mod for this:

Edited by kurgut

On 5/29/2018 at 2:27 PM, Capt. Hunt said:

Hey, I just noticed that procedural fairings makes the stock fairings disappear.  How do I get them back.  there are still a couple of use cases where the stock fairings are still useful.  Not to mention it breaks any .crafts that use the stock fairings

I am having this issue as well.  I had Procedural Fairings installed and was missing the stock fairings from my career & sandbox saves.  The stock fairings returned after I removed Procedural Fairings.  Is there a fix to this?  Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, proc fairings are one of the "must-have" mods for ksp, and long time ago(i suppose at ksp 0.9) there were 2 options thet i remember, wich are not availible for now.
First one - "disable decouper". In some spacecraft design proc. fairings are used to be as covering shell for engine mount, or protective layer. And extra deouper added in front of it with modified ejection force. So with 3-4 such things i have to make staging deoupler on last stage, so the last stage have on start 3-4 decouplers that are never used. It is a bit annoying. Is there any possibility to return "disable decoupler" button back to fairing bases?
Second - custom textures. As on step one i remember function that alowed to make fairing texture same as procedural parts textures. As i said i usally use PF as interstage, that covers engines, and my eyes are not happy when i have stage 1 with cryo orange color, stage 2 as cryo orange and between them only white or black interstage. Any possibility to return that cool feature?

Using on ksp 1.3.1 rss+ro+rp-1 with PF v 4.0

3 hours ago, mwg_test said:

Hello, proc fairings are one of the "must-have" mods for ksp, and long time ago(i suppose at ksp 0.9) there were 2 options thet i remember, wich are not availible for now.
First one - "disable decouper". In some spacecraft design proc. fairings are used to be as covering shell for engine mount, or protective layer. And extra deouper added in front of it with modified ejection force. So with 3-4 such things i have to make staging deoupler on last stage, so the last stage have on start 3-4 decouplers that are never used. It is a bit annoying. Is there any possibility to return "disable decoupler" button back to fairing bases?
Second - custom textures. As on step one i remember function that alowed to make fairing texture same as procedural parts textures. As i said i usally use PF as interstage, that covers engines, and my eyes are not happy when i have stage 1 with cryo orange color, stage 2 as cryo orange and between them only white or black interstage. Any possibility to return that cool feature?

Using on ksp 1.3.1 rss+ro+rp-1 with PF v 4.0

The function "disable decoupler is still there. I use it permanently.
To the custom textures: to use the PP-textures there is the need of a separate Mod. But I don´t know the name of the mod in the moment.

Well, disable decoupler is not on mine. Dont know where to find fix or what to change. Do i need attach some log or find what and where to find out what is wrong?

For pp textures glad to hear that and waiting for additional info

Edited by mwg_test

14 hours ago, mwg_test said:

Is there any possibility to return "disable decoupler" button back to fairing bases?

Yes, enable "Advanced Tweakables" under the KSP difficulty settings (the staged decoupler feature is part of stock and PF also uses that for the bases/interstages).

14 hours ago, mwg_test said:

As on step one i remember function that alowed to make fairing texture same as procedural parts textures.

There is Procedural Fairings - For Everything but it provides a limited texture set and it is not the same as the Procedural Parts one. At one point i did create a MM patch to allow so though.

Of course this only applies for the base PP texture set and does not include other packs like the Ferram Saturn or the MainSailor packs.

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

Yes, enable "Advanced Tweakables" under the KSP difficulty settings (the staged decoupler feature is part of stock and PF also uses that for the bases/interstages).

There is Procedural Fairings - For Everything but it provides a limited texture set and it is not the same as the Procedural Parts one. At one point i did create a MM patch to allow so though.

Of course this only applies for the base PP texture set and does not include other packs like the Ferram Saturn or the MainSailor packs.

Thanks a lot!
For PF-FE - CKAN have 0.2.0 version for KSP up to 1.2.2. Forum thread 1.1.x . Is it safe for game to add CKAN version for 1.3.1 game?
The MM patch seems a bit... dangerous :) I don't know where to add this code.

59 minutes ago, mwg_test said:

Thanks a lot!
For PF-FE - CKAN have 0.2.0 version for KSP up to 1.2.2. Forum thread 1.1.x . Is it safe for game to add CKAN version for 1.3.1 game?
The MM patch seems a bit... dangerous :) I don't know where to add this code.

Yes you can use it.

Add the patch to a text-file, call it anything.cfg and save it in the GameData-Folder. That`s it. Don`t forget Module Manager 3.0.7.