[1.11.x] Earn Your Stripes 4.1 (01/03/2021) - Allowing Kerbals to earn an Orange Suit since 2017

severedsolo

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

EYS 1.5 works on KSP 1.5 - but expect an official 1.5 release on Tuesday (UK time)

Thanks  :)  

Sorry to hear about your PC...that's awful. Just shot you some Paypal goodness.

Edited by Tyko

A day later than intended but:

Earn Your Stripes 1.5.0.1 Released

• Updated to KSP 1.5.x

As Squad have moved to a new release model, from now on I'm going to loosen up the versioning for AVC/CKAN purposes. This release has been marked as compatible for all 1.5.x releases - future versions will do the same, with whatever the latest version of KSP is (ie, will be marked as 1.6.x compatible etc)

Edited by severedsolo

5 hours ago, severedsolo said:

A day later than intended but:

Earn Your Stripes 1.5.0.1 Released

• Updated to KSP 1.5.x

As Squad have moved to a new release model, from now on I'm going to loosen up the versioning for AVC/CKAN purposes. This release has been marked as compatible for all 1.5.x releases - future versions will do the same, with whatever the latest version of KSP is (ie, will be marked as 1.6.x compatible etc)

Weh hoo!! thanks much  :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to search through this thread, is there any way to edit a current game save youve been playing? Or can I only use this mod when I start a complete new game? Im about halfway through my science tech tree and I use an excel spreadsheet to track everysingle launch and its cost/return and contract incomes etc so I pretend its all real, so ive got alot of effort into my saves. I was hoping to not have to start fresh.

2 hours ago, Broxicus said:

is there any way to edit a current game save youve been playing?

You can add this to a game at any time, but it can only track events that occur after installation. Trying to create significant events by hand is a real pig of a job, and it'd be quicker to restart your save.

• 2 months later...

Is there anyway future releases of the mod could tell us how many hours each kerbal has spent in space? Because I just had Kerbals arrive from a nearly 4 year trip from Ascelpius and they still don't have Veteran status.

I did put it at 10000 hours but I want to know dammit!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:32 PM, Xurkitree said:

Is there anyway future releases of the mod could tell us how many hours each kerbal has spent in space? Because I just had Kerbals arrive from a nearly 4 year trip from Ascelpius and they still don't have Veteran status. 

Sure I can throw together a quick UI to show that :) (Also, sorry for the ridiculously long lead time on this reply. Somehow the thread lost it's following settings.)

Regarding the long time/no veteran thing. Is this expected? Do you have your settings turned way up? Just wondering if I have a bug :) (if your willing to do the math, you can take a peek in the persistent file for StripesData - the time logged is recorded in seconds.

Edited by severedsolo

28 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Sure I can throw together a quick UI to show that :) (Also, sorry for the ridiculously long lead time on this reply. Somehow the thread lost it's following settings.)

Regarding the long time/no veteran thing. Is this expected? Do you have your settings turned way up? Just wondering if I have a bug :) (if your willing to do the math, you can take a peek in the persistent file for StripesData - the time logged is recorded in seconds.

No, there's no bug, its just that some of them hadn't completed 3 missions yet :P But, when did get back my crew from my 9 year old Minmus Base, and did some shuffling, I got 11 Kerbals promoted to Veteran Status for completing 10,000 hours in space. Some have done much more than though...

Also, I would recommend just adding this to that popup that comes on hovering on crew potraits - LOGGED FLIGHT HOURS : X 

4 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

No, there's no bug, its just that some of them hadn't completed 3 missions yet :P But, when did get back my crew from my 9 year old Minmus Base, and did some shuffling, I got 11 Kerbals promoted to Veteran Status for completing 10,000 hours in space. Some have done much more than though... 

Also, I would recommend just adding this to that popup that comes on hovering on crew potraits - LOGGED FLIGHT HOURS : X  

Hows this:

unknown.png

Over 1,000 hours it will only be accurate to within 1k hours, due to truncating issues in the Astronaut Complex, but I think it looks pretty swish.

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Hows this:

unknown.png

Over 1,000 hours it will only be accurate to within 1k hours, due to truncating issues in the Astronaut Complex, but I think it looks pretty swish.

This only appears in the Astronaut Complex right? In that case its great!

7 hours ago, Xurkitree said:

This only appears in the Astronaut Complex right? In that case its great!

Yeah it will only be in the astronaut complex. I just need to hammer out the edge cases and it will be ready to release.

Edited to add:

Also, I may break exisiting saves using EYS with the next release. I started adding the Astronaut Complex/ hours feature, and then came up with another idea, but would be better in it's own mod (more on that later).

Anyway, this new mod would also use the Flight Tracker in EYS, so rather than duplicating the code, I moved it into it's own shared library that both mods will use. TL:DR this means that EYS data won't carry over to the new version, I may write an upgrade path when I do the release, but just a heads up.

Edited by severedsolo

Earn Your Stripes 2.0 Released

• Recompiled against KSP 1.6.1
  • Dependency Change Mod now depends on FlightTracker (An upgrade path has been provided, so no data will be lost with this change).
  • Kerbal Changelog by @Benjamin Kerman is now supported and bundled. For CKAN users this is a required dependency.
  • Number of hours a kerbal has flown will now be displayed in the Astronaut Complex when they are "Available"
  • Fixed a bug where "Vintage suits by default" wouldn't have worked since KSP 1.5 came out.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any possibility for adding compatibility for USI Kolonization Systems? Right now, when it generates Kerbals with that installed, instead of generating 4 kerbals (2 pilots, an engineer and a scientist, normally), it made two engineers, a miner and a medic.

4 hours ago, aceman67 said:

Is there any possibility for adding compatibility for USI Kolonization Systems? Right now, when it generates Kerbals with that installed, instead of generating 4 kerbals (2 pilots, an engineer and a scientist, normally), it made two engineers, a miner and a medic.

What is the undesired effect?

11 hours ago, Errol said:

What is the undesired effect?

The available options upon starting a new game with the replace crew option enabled do not support mods that add other crew roles, only Pilot, Engineer and Scientists. I think that because the mod wasn't intended to be used with another mod that adds new roles to the game (USI Kolonization adds Quartermaster, Medic, Farmer, Geologist, Biologist, Mechanic, Technician, Miner, Kolonist), it just makes random choices. Can't start a new game without the base 3 roles.

6 hours ago, aceman67 said:

The available options upon starting a new game with the replace crew option enabled do not support mods that add other crew roles, only Pilot, Engineer and Scientists. I think that because the mod wasn't intended to be used with another mod that adds new roles to the game (USI Kolonization adds Quartermaster, Medic, Farmer, Geologist, Biologist, Mechanic, Technician, Miner, Kolonist), it just makes random choices. Can't start a new game without the base 3 roles.

I think that's just how the USI kolonization stuff works. Does it do the same thing without EarnYourStripes installed?

2 hours ago, Errol said:

I think that's just how the USI kolonization stuff works. Does it do the same thing without EarnYourStripes installed?

MKS doesn't replace your initial 4 kerbals - It allows other types to be recruited (and will let you pick which type to recruit a bit better).  What it sounds like is happening is that the 'Replace Initial Crew' option gives you 4 random kerbals - which can get you into a position where you can't actually do anything, since you need a pilot to start.

Note that the ability to add professions is part of stock KSP - MKS is one of very few mods that use it, but it's a smaller .cfg file than adding a part.  (Or even creating a decent part duplicate.)  I could likely recreate this with stock, this mod, and one extra file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.