[1.12.x] Precise Node Continued - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer, while you are diging trough code, can you take a look for click trough issue ? That unity bug was being in ages in various mods and it is still present in Precise Node. Can be anoying at time when you click on "+" button or something to increase dV, you click trough on some other orbit, sometimes even change target of your ship, change camera focus etc.

Another small issue, recently noticed is that Precise node always create/move node on AN/DN point of planet you orbiting at. It can be confusing when you have some target selected in attempt to make rendezvous with other craft. No rush, though, take your time, you already manage quite a list of mods. Thanks.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Current work is only localization, if I can do the click-through easily I will but it's not an easy fix

It's OK, neither is of ultimate importance, do as much as you can and when you can. Maintaining this mod to keep up with latest KSP version is already of huge help to community.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

It's OK, neither is of ultimate importance, do as much as you can and when you can. Maintaining this mod to keep up with latest KSP version is already of huge help to community.

Localization is done, and I'm working on a generalized click-thru blocker

Beta release, 1.2.7.1-beta

• Localization coding completed, currently only english provided
  • Click-through fixed

Available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2q9bokrwvmdn40/PreciseNode-1.2.7.1-beta.zip?dl=0

Given the changes I had to make, I would like people to provide feedback before I release this.  It looks good to me so far.

Something is wrong with beta achive. Download size is 336 KB (344861 bytes), but I can't decompress it, 7zip complains that it is not archive. Neither windows built in zip can't unpack it.

EDIT:

Tried to download it twice, both time failed to unpack. CRC32 check throws number: 9E449A31

Edited by kcs123

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Something is wrong with beta achive. Download size is 336 KB (344861 bytes), but I can't decompress it, 7zip complains that it is not archive. Neither windows built in zip can't unpack it.

EDIT:

Tried to download it twice, both time failed to unpack. CRC32 check throws number: 9E449A31

It must be your system. I just downloaded it on a totally different computer from the one I made it. It was a Windows 10 computer.   It had no problems downloading and opening up the zip file.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It must be your system. I just downloaded it on a totally different computer from the one I made it. It was a Windows 10 computer.   It had no problems downloading and opening up the zip file.

Thanks for confirmation. It seems that is one of dropbox shenanigans. I was using right click on link and "save as" from pop up menu instead of left click that leads to dropbox page and final proper link for download. Have no idea when dropbox started to behave like this. It's my old habit to use "save as" on right click menu instead of blindly follow links like most of people do.

Feedback time:

Under "Localization" folder you have two files "en_us.cfg" and "en_us.cfg~". Later one is probably backup file from text editor, I don't know id it will do any harm or not.

Good news, click trough issue seems to be fixed, but only on first sight. Can't tell anything about localization feature, does it work as intended or not.

Bad news: I have encountered some nasty bug. Can't give you proper output log as I was forced to kill KSP game process. I can only give you reproducing steps in hope that it will help to narrow down issue.

1. I created node by clicking on craft orbit to choose time and position of node
  2. PrecisionNode GUI properly poped up, I have entered some data, changed options to show advanced stuff on GUI, tested click trough, etc.
  3. I figured out that I messed up my timing and position of node, so I deleted node trough PrecisionNode GUI
  4. After that whole game GUI was no longer responsive

By GUI no longer responsive, I mean, I no longer have ability to click on orbit and create new node. Even worse, whole game is no longer responsive, meaning, I can't close map, esc key no longer work to show pop up menu for returning back to KSC / main menu, clicking on any stock icon is no longer responsive too.

It seems that you provided too good fix for click trough, forgeting to put control on main game handle after closin precision node GUI.

I can't tell anything how code works, so following is just speculation from observed behaviour in game. I think you need to have additional check, if PrecisionNode GUI have or does not have focus for user input. Only if PrecisionNode is focused (user already clicked once on it), you should execute piece of code that prevents click trough. Once PrecisionNode is no longer focused, you need to get back handle to main game engine. I hope that above have some sense to you. And sorry, I was unable to test and provide feedback earlier.

Ok, good enough description for me,  thanks.

Ignore that file with the tilde,  it is from an editor and is harmless, I will remove it from the next release.

16 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Bad news: I have encountered some nasty bug. Can't give you proper output log as I was forced to kill KSP game process. I can only give you reproducing steps in hope that it will help to narrow down issue.

The output_log.txt is always there, even if you kill the progam.

Is it possible you closed a window using the "X" button, and that's when the problem started?

If so, then open that window again (ie:  You opened the options using the K or the O button, but then closed it using the X button in the Options window) and see if it fixes the problem

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it possible you closed a window using the "X" button, and that's when the problem started?

If so, then open that window again (ie:  You opened the options using the K or the O button, but then closed it using the X button in the Options window) and see if it fixes the problem

Not sure on what "x" button you mean. I was having option window open, I choose desired option and closed option window on "x" button. After that I have input some data in main PrecisionNode GUI window as usual.

After that point, when I deceided to delete node, I have pressed on "del" button on PrecisionNode GUI. Next thing is that PrecisionNode was closed, as it was last node that was created. I for certain didn't closed main GUI window on "x" button.

After that point, I have tried "O" and "P" keys to open PrecisionNode GUI again, but whole game was no longer response on either of keyboard input or left mouse click. Only right mouse worked, I was able to rotate camera in map view, mouse movement was recognized too, but no left click or keyboard input.

I will try to get output log again, I was not aware that it was written properly even with forcing quit game. Unfortunately, I have already overwriten this with new session.

EDIT:

Glad that you have able to narrow down issue, take your time, no rush with it. I will try to test another version when it become available.

Edited by kcs123

New beta, 1.2.7.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bmbuovc85evy8p/PreciseNode-1.2.7.2.zip?dl=0

• This fixes the problem with the game being locked up when closing a window with the "X" button
  • This version has the Click Through Blocker broken out into a seperate mod, you need to install both mods in the GameData directory.

To be safe, please delete the old directory before putting the new one there

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.