[1.12.x] Precise Node Continued - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

@blizzy78 has given me (requested, actually) to continue this mod.  Original thread is here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/44129-120

Updated for 1.3, no changes to functionality

Yet another maneuver node editor. Plus.

Regex wrote this plugin to fulfill a singular request he had since he started seriously playing this game: the ability to see the ejection angle of a maneuver node. When we have wonderful tools like alexmun's Launch Window Planner allowing us to plan our trips and take advantage of sub-optimal launch windows, it is literally a crime in his eyes to not have this simple capability.

Mod showcase/documentation by Geneborg/D.Fontana:

Newest version of mod (1.2.8) requires the Click Through Blocker as a hard dependency.  CKAN has been updated for this

Download Precise Node

Available on Spacedock:  https://spacedock.info/mod/1691/Precise Node Continued

Source code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-precisenode

(Precise Node is licensed under the BSD 2-clause license.)

screenshot.png

Of course he also added some controls that one would expect from a tool used to edit maneuver nodes such as prograde, normal, and radial controls, plus conics draw mode and conics draw limit controls. You can edit the time of the node by typing in the desired UT, by using the normal increment controls, or by activating the coarse time controls through options. PreciseNode allows you to customize the node editor window for use as a simple node widget replacement or a full-blown interplanetary maneuver assistant. It also features a separate clock window as well as conics display controls, with or without a maneuver node present.

Keyboard Controls

You are able to control the node editor through the keyboard if desired. When the PreciseNode window is open you can click the "K" button in the upper right to open the keymapping GUI. Click the "set" button next to a control to change the control. The first key pressed within five seconds will be assigned to that action, so be sure you're in a mellow situation before setting your keys.

Default Controls

Prograde +/-: Keypad 8/Keypad 5
Normal +/-: Keypad 9/Keypad 7
Radial +/-: Keypad 6/Keypad 4
Time +/-: Keypad 3/Keypad 1
Increment +/-: Keypad 0/(alt/option) + <Increment +>
Change Conics: Keypad Enter
Hide Node Editor Window: P
Open Node: O

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

I'm the original author of the "intuitive maneuvers" option in Precise Node (for reference, http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/3953). I noticed that my fix hasn't aged particularly well---in particular, KSP 1.3 no longer rotates maneuver gizmos with the post-maneuver orbit, making the resulting behaviour, well, less-than-intuitive. Let me know if I can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the link for PN 1.2.4 on the original thread no longer works and I can only get source code from GitHub. Is there anywhere else I can go to get Blizzy's last version of this mod that will run on KSP 1.2.x? I'd rather not go to 1.3 just yet as FAR does not yet support it.

Thanks!

Using Precise Node 1.2.5 on KSP 1.3 - what you guess? Yes, I'm cursed, an issue.

Well, it was something that I didn't take into account, PreciseManeuver did not have this problem:
"Show aerobrake nodes" was still activated in MJ landing guidance (but landing guidance itself was deactivated).

I don't get rid off this 0 m/s maneuver node, when I delete it it's immediately created again.
I had tried the MJ landing guidance before (it works sometimes, sometimes it does not) -  auto landing is disabled, still the indicator is shown in map view.
Also the values for radial and normal are changing wildly all the time:
FlxbLER.png

The last thing I did was adding RealFuels for KSP 1.3 what was released.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpwig7tjjvlhfsd/2017-07-31-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry
Issue found, was not happening with other Maneuver Node mods ...

• 2 months later...

Hey is there a reason the Orbit buttons aren't consolidated into a single "± button" in the same manner all the other increment/decrement buttons work?  i.e. So you can left-click to go one direction and right-click for the other?  I keep trying to do that because of muscle memory from the other buttons, and today it occurred to me it might be handy if it worked that way.  If it's too hard to consolidate the buttons themselves, you could just implement the right-click behavior on both.

(EDIT: I'd be willing to take a stab at coding it if you're willing to adopt this feature suggestion.  Please tag or quote me so I get your response.)

Edited by Fwiffo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.