[1.12.x] Precise Node Continued - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

• 4 weeks later...

How can I get this installed without a mod manager / ckan? I'm a Mac player (I know I know...), but as such I don't have CKAN installed. Couldn't get it to work with Mono. 

Playing on 1.6, I've installed plenty of mods the old-school way, but I can't seem to get this one to work. Dragged it to gamedata as usual. I even tried to install clickthroughblocker the same way, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something there. Any ideas? 

EDIT: Fixed it. For some reason one of the filed from clickthroughblocker didn't get copied over. I'll leave this here for other mac users, it really is the same as any other mod. Drag the entire contents of PreciseNode's gamedata into KSP's gamedata, then drag the entire contents of clickthroughblocker's gamadata into KSP's gamedata. Voila!

Edited by cthulu
Solved my own issue

18 hours ago, cthulu said:

How can I get this installed without a mod manager / ckan? I'm a Mac player (I know I know...), but as such I don't have CKAN installed. Couldn't get it to work with Mono.

Welcome to the KSP forums.

Have you thought to query the experts on CKAN in their topic?  I don't have a Mac myself (I know, I know...:P) but I'm sure there's some advice for you there.

Edited by Brigadier

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Please forgive a rookie question. I just installed Precise Node. Either I am totally confused, or I'm missing something obvious about how the UT time system works.

u5AeOL7.png

In this image, from the upper left, you can see that the current UT is Year 19 Day 289

I just created a new maneuver node about 4 minutes in the future.

In the Precise Node window, it says the node time is set to Year 18 Day 288.

This confuses me. How can a node I just created have a time mark that is in the past? 

Thanks much,

6 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

Installed 1.2.10 via CKAN, got a warning that it isn't compatible with KSP 1.6.1.

Is that expected?

After looking at the .version file, I would expect this message, yes :DBut don't worry, it works anyway, there is just no min/max version specified in the .version file ;)

4 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

In this image, from the upper left, you can see that the current UT is Year 19 Day 289

I just checked it and this seem to be a bug. A fresh game starts at UT = 0 and precise node "translates" this to year 0 day 0 while it should be year 1 day 0 (that's the date KSP gives you on a fresh start).
Since both dates uses the same UT, this will not affect the location of the node but it's indeed a bit confusing.

Pinging @linuxgurugamer for this one :)

7 hours ago, FloppyRocket said:

Hi all,

Please forgive a rookie question. I just installed Precise Node. Either I am totally confused, or I'm missing something obvious about how the UT time system works.

u5AeOL7.png

This confuses me. How can a node I just created have a time mark that is in the past? 

Thanks much,

May not be a bug.  Click the UT button to show the MET time (Mission Elapsed Time), and come back to me with what it shows.

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I just checked it and this seem to be a bug. A fresh game starts at UT = 0 and precise node "translates" this to year 0 day 0 while it should be year 1 day 0 (that's the date KSP gives you on a fresh start).
Since both dates uses the same UT, this will not affect the location of the node but it's indeed a bit confusing.

Pinging @linuxgurugamer for this one :)

I think it's showing the MET time, not the absolute UT time

Edit:  Bug is confirmed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

For most maneuvers Precise node is great. Yet for much longer missions, (Kerbin to Jool) it's difficult to nail down a good intercept. Especially one where managing DV is critical.

Would it be possible to add a Rendezvous planner to this mod?

7 hours ago, Redacted said:

For most maneuvers Precise node is great. Yet for much longer missions, (Kerbin to Jool) it's difficult to nail down a good intercept. Especially one where managing DV is critical.

That would be a bit out of scope.  There are several good rendezvous planner mods - MechJeb has a decent one, and Transfer Window Planner is probably the best known.  This mod will allow you to tweak the node once it's in place.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:03 AM, Redacted said:

On 3/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, DStaal said:

That would be a bit out of scope.  There are several good rendezvous planner mods - MechJeb has a decent one, and Transfer Window Planner is probably the best known.  This mod will allow you to tweak the node once it's in place.

I also suggest Astrogator. I have no idea the witchcraft involved but you tell it where you want to go and it plops down 2 maneuver nodes that will get you there, an ejection and a mid-course correction. It's not always the most efficient, but it always works.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:16 PM, Redacted said:

So is this a known bug?

I don't know if it's a bug, or just what happens naturally inside the KSP software when the encounter distance falls outside some limits.

Edited by FloppyRocket

I see this all the time with PN. Basically anytime i try to fine tune the ships angle relative to its destination.

@linuxgurugamer

The marker showing the nearest "distance" two objects pass, often stutters badly if the the marker is intersecting another point. Its often so bad that I cant click on it to display the information.

Edited by Redacted

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 4:29 AM, Redacted said:

I see this all the time with PN. Basically anytime i try to fine tune the ships angle relative to its destination.

@linuxgurugamer

The marker showing the nearest "distance" two objects pass, often stutters badly if the the marker is intersecting another point. Its often so bad that I cant click on it to display the information.

How far away is the destination? It sounds like you are hitting the limits of what KSP can do

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.