[1.12.x] Precise Node Continued - Precisely edit your maneuver nodes

On 4/8/2019 at 12:31 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

How far away is the destination? It sounds like you are hitting the limits of what KSP can do

I've an class H asteroid on an interception path with Kerbal. Five to seven Days before the SOI the “seperation” markers can be difficult to make appear. (or even after the SOI) Yet when they do show, they flicker constantly, making tweaking in the nodes extremely difficult. This is further compounded by the "Target" being randomly lost as the maneuver nodes are adjusted ( + /- ) to reduce the separation distance.

Edited by Redacted

On 4/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, Redacted said:

I've an class H asteroid on an interception path with Kerbal. Five to seven Days before the SOI the markers can be difficult to make appear. (or even afterward the SOI) Yet when they do show, they flicker constantly, making tweaking in the nodes extremely difficult. This is further compounded by the "Target" being randomly lost as the maneuver nodes are adjusted ( + /- ) to reduce the separation distance.

If you could send me a save file with this asteroid, it would help me to look into this problem

On 4/10/2019 at 1:23 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

If you could send me a save file with this asteroid, it would help me to look into this problem

Sorry for the delay. Here is the file on G-Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQqY6LEpQXBwCHAdQxT1e7zfb1KYF32K/view?usp=sharing

I've rolled the mission back a bit just before the point of the Asteroid intercept. You should load into a Tug pushing a small rock just after rounding the Mun for a gravity assisted coarse correction. Zoom out and you'll see the intended target about a week out from Kerbals SOI. Once you're mined out that little rock, ditch it and head for the 2200 ton monster. It will impact Kerbin in aprox. two weeks time, which gave me plenty of time to complete the needed coarse corrections. You should see all sorts of issues with the separation markers, that is once they've become available. Furthermore, tweaking the separation down is pretty tedious when the Target object is constantly being lost and has to be re-selected.

Side note: I have 50-60 mods installed and the recent update has made most if not all of them useless. Worse yet, CKAN stopped working for me this week as well.

5 hours ago, Redacted said:

Sorry for the delay. Here is the file on G-Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQqY6LEpQXBwCHAdQxT1e7zfb1KYF32K/view?usp=sharing

I've rolled the mission back a bit just before the point of the Asteroid intercept. You should load into a Tug pushing a small rock just after rounding the Mun for a gravity assisted coarse correction. Zoom out and you'll see the intended target about a week out from Kerbals SOI. Once you're mined out that little rock, ditch it and head for the 2200 ton monster. It will impact Kerbin in aprox. two weeks time, which gave me plenty of time to complete the needed coarse corrections. You should see all sorts of issues with the separation markers, that is once they've become available. Furthermore, tweaking the separation down is pretty tedious when the Target object is constantly being lost and has to be re-selected.

Ok, this will take a little while.

5 hours ago, Redacted said:

Side note: I have 50-60 mods installed and the recent update has made most if not all of them useless. Worse yet, CKAN stopped working for me this week as well

As in not needed, or as in not working?

Side note:  I just fixed Action Groups Extended for 1.7

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.2.10.3

• Fixed nullref spam after setting node in map view

Please, take some rest, you will overburn yourslef with moding. You already have slight oversight. Latest release, installed trough CKAN complain that I use unsuported version on KSP 1.7.1. Probably just silly mistake in version file.

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

Please, take some rest, you will overburn yourslef with moding. You already have slight oversight. Latest release, installed trough CKAN complain that I use unsuported version on KSP 1.7.1. Probably just silly mistake in version file.

I just downloaded the latest version for 1.7.1 from Github and checked the .version file, it is correct in that KSP_VERSION_MIN is set to 1.5.1

Please refresh CKAN and try again

CKAN say that I have installed version "1.2.10.3" and latest available version is "1.2.10.3". And also say that max supported KSP is "any". That is correct.
However, in directory "PreciseNode" when I open file "PreciseNode.version", inside I have this content:

{
  "NAME": "Precise Node",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/PreciseNode",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-precisenode/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "ksp-precisenode"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 10,
    "BUILD": 3
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MINOR": 4,
    "PATCH": 5
  }
}

TimeStamp of file is 06.06.2019 02:20 if it helps. It is listed as max supported version is for KSP 1.4.5.
And when you start game, miniAVC complain about it and pop up warning message. I know that is nothing to worry about, but other users might complain about it.

Just to be sure I have checked archive that CKAN is downloaded "B03E3A6D-PreciseNode-1.2.10.3.zip" and unpacked by myself and content in version file is same as shown.

Am I missing something ?

EDIT:

On github, you have it properly:
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-precisenode/blob/master/PreciseNode.version

{
  "NAME": "Precise Node",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/PreciseNode",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-precisenode/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "ksp-precisenode"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 10,
    "BUILD": 3
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MINOR": 5,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

@linuxgurugamer, only archive file seems to be unproperly packed somehow.

Edited by kcs123

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Please, take some rest, you will overburn yourslef with moding. You already have slight oversight. Latest release, installed trough CKAN complain that I use unsuported version on KSP 1.7.1. Probably just silly mistake in version 

Oh, I think I know what's going on.  I need to make a change to the .netkan, it's grabbing the wrong file.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just downloaded the latest version for 1.7.1 from Github and checked the .version file, it is correct in that KSP_VERSION_MIN is set to 1.5.1

Please refresh CKAN and try again

Ok, if you refresh CKAN and try again, it should now be correct.

The issue arose because CKAN was pulling the latest file from Github, and now there is a version per KSP release  for my mods (compiled for older versions of KSP with a fixed .version file).  Unfortunately, the 1.4.5 comes before 1.7.1, so the daemon was getting the wrong file.  I updated it to use Spacedock, which only lists one at a time

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, if you refresh CKAN and try again, it should now be correct.

The issue arose because CKAN was pulling the latest file from Github, and now there is a version per KSP release  for my mods (compiled for older versions of KSP with a fixed .version file).  Unfortunately, the 1.4.5 comes before 1.7.1, so the daemon was getting the wrong file.  I updated it to use Spacedock, which only lists one at a time

No worries, no big deal, such small mistakes is not unusual to happen, especialy while maintain such large number of mods. CKAN bot is not picked up new files, have to wait a bit longer and then test everything again.

Hello, I recently came back from a little more than a year without playing and after updating everything I cannot get the Precise Node interface to appear. I get a smaller one that I think the game added it in a more recent version, but not the Presice Node one.

w6Mvxaq.png

Thanks for the answer, just to be clear, the only dependency that I need is Click Through Blocker? I'm removing other mods to check if there is some incompatibility.

Reinstalled the game and that fixed it.

Edited by Yakko

• 2 weeks later...

I am not seeing the PreciseNode interface either, even after reinstalling the game. I have Click Through Blocker 0.1.6.10 and Precise Node 1.2.10.3 installed with KSP 1.7.2. Which log file do you mean?

EDIT: 1.2.10.2 works, but prompts me to upgrade to 1.2.10.3.

Edited by dpitch40

On 6/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, dpitch40 said:

I am not seeing the PreciseNode interface either, even after reinstalling the game. I have Click Through Blocker 0.1.6.10 and Precise Node 1.2.10.3 installed with KSP 1.7.2. Which log file do you mean?

EDIT: 1.2.10.2 works, but prompts me to upgrade to 1.2.10.3.

You probably need to install the UnBlur mod, (just a guess right now)

I would need to see the output_log.txt, see mysig for a link about it

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@linuxgurugamer

[LOG 23:32:38.355] Saving PreciseNode settings.
[EXC 23:32:38.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RegexKSP.IntuitiveNodeGizmoHandler.DeleteHandler () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	RegexKSP.IntuitiveNodeGizmosManager.OnDestroy () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	RegexKSP.PreciseNode.OnDestroy () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Log

Came across it while trying to track down a CTD - I don't think it's that serious though.

8 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

@linuxgurugamer

[LOG 23:32:38.355] Saving PreciseNode settings.
[EXC 23:32:38.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RegexKSP.IntuitiveNodeGizmoHandler.DeleteHandler () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	RegexKSP.IntuitiveNodeGizmosManager.OnDestroy () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	RegexKSP.PreciseNode.OnDestroy () (at <02a072ff6cd84a48b6a46074446e9a4b>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Log

Came across it while trying to track down a CTD - I don't think it's that serious though.

Ill look into it later today.

Long time no see.  How are you?

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2017 at 3:09 AM, TechnocratiK said:

I'm the original author of the "intuitive maneuvers" option in Precise Node (for reference, http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/3953). I noticed that my fix hasn't aged particularly well---in particular, KSP 1.3 no longer rotates maneuver gizmos with the post-maneuver orbit, making the resulting behaviour, well, less-than-intuitive.

Intuitiveness or lack of thereof aside, I find this particular feature essential for inclination changes. As long as the initial orientation of the GUI handles is sensible, I don't care whether they rotate or not when I drag the normal. But at least in my opinion, the whole concept of "burning normal" means to continually adjust the orientation of the spacecraft so that at each point in time, the burn always takes place in the current normal direction. The resulting behavior is easy to reason about.

This feature currently doesn't work in the latest Precise Node Continued with KSP 1.9.1. When enabled, I get a severe performance hit, but no other effect. Maybe exception spam? I could post a log if you (@linuxgurugamer) want to take a stab at debugging this.

For the record, the similar feature in @DMagic's Maneuver Node Evolved currently works fine. He (and/or the source code) would probably know how to do it in the 1.9 series.

34 minutes ago, Technologicat said:

Intuitiveness or lack of thereof aside, I find this particular feature essential for inclination changes. As long as the initial orientation of the GUI handles is sensible, I don't care whether they rotate or not when I drag the normal. But at least in my opinion, the whole concept of "burning normal" means to continually adjust the orientation of the spacecraft so that at each point in time, the burn always takes place in the current normal direction. The resulting behavior is easy to reason about.

This feature currently doesn't work in the latest Precise Node Continued with KSP 1.9.1. When enabled, I get a severe performance hit, but no other effect. Maybe exception spam? I could post a log if you (@linuxgurugamer) want to take a stab at debugging this.

For the record, the similar feature in @DMagic's Maneuver Node Evolved currently works fine. He (and/or the source code) would probably know how to do it in the 1.9 series.

Before I go looking, do you know if this is/was working in earlier versions of the game (1.7.3)?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.