[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

Well, TAC Fuel Balancer is missing the icon file, better notify the author

and I'll bet  you are using that new, unofficial release of ScienceAlert, which is also missing the icon file.  Not only that, but the path he specifies is wrong, since he changed the name of the folder

Also, I looked at the old Science Alert, and it seems that the icon file was missing from the last release as well

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, TAC Fuel Balancer is missing the icon file, better notify the author

and I'll bet  you are using that new, unofficial release of ScienceAlert, which is also missing the icon file.  Not only that, but the path he specifies is wrong, since he changed the name of the folder

Also, I looked at the old Science Alert, and it seems that the icon file was missing from the last release as well

That's interesting. I wonder why they work with Toolbar v1.7.17?

2 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

That's interesting. I wonder why they work with Toolbar v1.7.17?

I'm looking into it now

I see the problem, it's a result of a patch I put in to fix the fuzzy buttons.

I'm afraid the authors are going to have to change their code :-(

The problem is that they are inserting their buttons into the internal game database, the problem is that I have no way to know if a texture was inserted by a mod or loaded by Unity.  And Unity is messing up the textures so I had to write my own routines to load the buttons from the file, bypassing the database

27 minutes ago, wolfschwarzmond said:

Ok there's probaly a simple answer to this and I'm gonna look like a moron, but I'm playing on 3840X2160, is there anyway to make the BUTTONS themselves larger? not the area for buttons but the buttons.

It is a very simple answer: No way, sorry

11 hours ago, wolfschwarzmond said:

Ok....well as I said it was a simple answer. No worries GREAT Mod, Thanks for all the hard work.

The problem is, among other things, the icons being supplied to the toolbar are only 24x24 in size.  In contract, stock buttons are 38x38.

So, I suppose that I could double the size, but the icons would look like crap, and, there aren't that many users who really need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I've installed EL (5.9) a few times on 1.3.1 and I am not seeing the toolbar icon or right click menu option. I see some others have had this problem in the past but I didn't see where they found a solution.
I was a little unclear on the installation. Instructions say to simply unzip the file into game data. However the file I'm downloading has a GameData folder as a subfolder. It is laid out like this...

Spoiler

Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0

Assets
Data
Documentation
GameData
Ships
Source
tools

So I tried this 3 ways:

1. Only copied the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder from EL's GameData folder into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Launchpads, Rocketparts Containers, Workshop, other containers, etc. were all available. No menu/button in VAB/Flight.
  2. Copied contents of Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0 folder (except for GameData )into that folder's GameData folder; then copied that into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Same as #1
  3. Did as instructed (because why try that 1st?) and copied entire contents of Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0 folder into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Only parts that are loaded are the single RocketParts hex containers.

Any idea what may be wrong? Is there any additional information I can provide that could help find a solution?

Any help is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

Hi there, I've installed EL (5.9) a few times on 1.3.1 and I am not seeing the toolbar icon or right click menu option. I see some others have had this problem in the past but I didn't see where they found a solution.
I was a little unclear on the installation. Instructions say to simply unzip the file into game data. However the file I'm downloading has a GameData folder as a subfolder. It is laid out like this...

Hide contents

Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0

Assets
Data
Documentation
GameData
Ships
Source
tools

So I tried this 3 ways:

1. Only copied the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads folder from EL's GameData folder into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Launchpads, Rocketparts Containers, Workshop, other containers, etc. were all available. No menu/button in VAB/Flight.
  2. Copied contents of Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0 folder (except for GameData )into that folder's GameData folder; then copied that into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Same as #1
  3. Did as instructed (because why try that 1st?) and copied entire contents of Extraplanetary-Launchpads-5.9.0 folder into KSP's GameData folder.
    Results: Only parts that are loaded are the single RocketParts hex containers.

Any idea what may be wrong? Is there any additional information I can provide that could help find a solution?

Any help is appreciated.

You really should go to the EL thread for this, but, do you have the toolbar installed.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You really should go to the EL thread for this, but, do you have the toolbar installed.

Oh man, my bad Guru. I had both threads up at the same time and posted on the wrong one! :/

Sorry about that!

Edit: (Hell of a fast reply btw. :rep:)

Edited by shuggaloaf

Quick question...

So I see the option to change the position and total size of the toolbar layout for its icons, but is there an option to scale the whole toolbar to make it larger? I have bad eyesight, and the buttons are jsut too small on the toolbar for me to really see what I'm clicking.

7 hours ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Quick question...

So I see the option to change the position and total size of the toolbar layout for its icons, but is there an option to scale the whole toolbar to make it larger? I have bad eyesight, and the buttons are jsut too small on the toolbar for me to really see what I'm clicking.

No, there isnt.

which is one reason I’m putting the ToolberController on all of my mods, since the stock toolbat is bigger

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 10:02 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you a plugin author and would like to use the Toolbar Plugin? Please head over to the development thread which has all the info you need.

FYI this link in the first post doesn't go anywhere any more.  I noticed this because I went to verify that I was calling it right after getting a purple icon.

Woi5qAd.png

(For anyone else having the issue, I had to re-create the PNG file)

• 2 weeks later...