[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

You can expand the folder and then go into the rearrange button order mode, but the buttons in the folder and non-clickable. 

I couldn't figure out any way to get a button out of a folder in-game, so I manually edited the settings file to move it. 

• 1 month later...

I have got a warning from modulemanager when it asking for debug.cfg which it never exist

here is a log from my KSPlog(from KSP 1.11)  , what should I do?

Spoiler

[LOG 20:08:14.204] [Toolbar Plugin for Kerbal Space Program] Version aaa_Toolbar, Version=1.8.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[WRN 20:08:14.204] File '/mnt/939b0301-1ecc-4277-a4dd-734d88584010/KSP Modded Play/KSP_Data/../GameData/001_ToolbarControl/PluginData/Debug.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 20:08:14.204] [ToolbarControl] Version ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

On 1/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, Nantares said:

I have got a warning from modulemanager when it asking for debug.cfg which it never exist

here is a log from my KSPlog(from KSP 1.11)  , what should I do?

Hide contents

[LOG 20:08:14.204] [Toolbar Plugin for Kerbal Space Program] Version aaa_Toolbar, Version=1.8.0.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[WRN 20:08:14.204] File '/mnt/939b0301-1ecc-4277-a4dd-734d88584010/KSP Modded Play/KSP_Data/../GameData/001_ToolbarControl/PluginData/Debug.cfg' does not exist
[LOG 20:08:14.204] [ToolbarControl] Version ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Ignore it

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Machine Maker said:

Having an odd issue where MechJeb buttons are missing from possible buttons? (Also a secondary issue where Waypoint manager has the incorrect name. It does infact open waypoint manager, its just called "Clear all input locks".

If some of the Mechjeb buttons are there, its not this mod.  Check with Mechjeb.

Ill take a look at Waypoint Manager, there may be a conflict with the ClickThroughBlocker’s button.  Thanks for the notification.

• 4 months later...

Apologies for ignoring the old thread warning -- I can't seem to find more contemporary toolbar communications. Please immediately direct me there else continue:

Trying blizzy in 1.12.0..
It seems when I add Toolbar (000_Toolbar) to GameData it causes a hang in loading, log here. I cannot be certain it's not simply version conflict, though of course there is no Max version set AFAIK. Did I bork my dependencies? Could it be conflicting with another mod? Again apologies if this is the wrong thread and I'd appreciate direction. :)

As always much love, linuxguru, appreciate you almost daily you're a blessing to the community.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! and thanks in advance for your work. I'm currently running Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma 21.10 (and updated) and running my old Windows' KSP 1.10.1 heavily modded through Wine (up to date). Every single mod works perfectly except for Toolbar and Toolbar_Controller. The game opens up, loads faster than ever and fine, but when I start playing, on the KSC view, every mod using Toolbar shows their menus without text, just the buttons, no text.  I'm new on Linux right now, every other instance of KSP works perfectly without Toolbar, other games I had tried are working good. Any headlights about this problem? Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Earthbound Spartan said:

Hello! and thanks in advance for your work. I'm currently running Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma 21.10 (and updated) and running my old Windows' KSP 1.10.1 heavily modded through Wine (up to date). Every single mod works perfectly except for Toolbar and Toolbar_Controller. The game opens up, loads faster than ever and fine, but when I start playing, on the KSC view, every mod using Toolbar shows their menus without text, just the buttons, no text.  I'm new on Linux right now, every other instance of KSP works perfectly without Toolbar, other games I had tried are working good. Any headlights about this problem? Thank you!

No logs, no support

Sorry. 

I think this is the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cumeu8n4ndzj7i6/Player.log?dl=0 from the files Wine manages for Windows apps.

Left the game with only the concerning mods and dependencies. The problem persist.

ClickThroughBlocker                     0.1.10.17
 aaa_Toolbar                             1.8.0.7
 ToolbarControl                          0.1.9.6

5 hours ago, Earthbound Spartan said:

ok, you need to be a bit more detailed.  Which toolbar, the stock toolbar or the Blizzy toolbar?

2 hours ago, Earthbound Spartan said:

Sorry. 

I think this is the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cumeu8n4ndzj7i6/Player.log?dl=0 from the files Wine manages for Windows apps.

Left the game with only the concerning mods and dependencies. The problem persist.

ClickThroughBlocker                     0.1.10.17
 aaa_Toolbar                             1.8.0.7
 ToolbarControl                          0.1.9.6

I looked at the log file, you don't have any other mods installed which would use either the ToolberController or the Blizzy Toolbar.

How can the problem persist if there aren't any mods installed?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ok, you need to be a bit more detailed.  Which toolbar, the stock toolbar or the Blizzy toolbar?

I looked at the log file, you don't have any other mods installed which would use either the ToolberController or the Blizzy Toolbar.

Stock Toolbar does not has any problem. The mods using the Blizzy Toolbar are the ones affected, including the Blizzy configuration menu that let you choose wich toolbar is going to be dealing with each mod. So, for the problem happening, I don't need any other mod to be around except dependencies, because even in the Blizzy toolbar menu, the text on the pop up window is missing, just showing blank buttons, like it does with the other mods.

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is a video showing up the issue I'm having, I recorded it on my OS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kokpnskjisn7bxy/KSP-2022-04-10_13.42.23.mp4?dl=0

30 minutes ago, Earthbound Spartan said:

This is a video showing up the issue I'm having, I recorded it on my OS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kokpnskjisn7bxy/KSP-2022-04-10_13.42.23.mp4?dl=0

ok, I'll take a look.  Was this a totally clean install?

Also, are you running it native or under Wine (or another emulator)/

The log file says you are using the windows player

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ok, I'll take a look.  Was this a totally clean install?

Also, are you running it native or under Wine (or another emulator)/

The log file says you are using the windows player

I'm running it under Wine, so maybe that's why the log file says Im using it on windows.

It's pretty much the same clean KSP I was using on Windows, it runs perfectly without mods and with all of them except for Toolbar/Toolbar Controller. The other mods work fine, except for the ones that are using Blizzy Toolbar UI for their pop up windows, compromising the text, leaving only the buttons as you can see in the video. But everything else, such as gameplay, rocket parts, mods like FAR or Kerbalism, are working fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer,
I've got this issue that has risen a few times, only with certain mods (here it's "Notes"), Toolbar is complaining about the texture not being found, whereas it's actually there, in the mod folder.
(had also the issue, IIRC, with persistent rotation (not sure) and with science alter re-alerted (sure about that, only when the flask is animated).

In this instance, the icon for Notes mod even turned purple, which didn't happen in the 2 above cases.
5Dd4rmR.png

KSP.log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you :) 
Peace

Edited by kurgut

4 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer,
I've got this issue that has risen a few times, only with certain mods (here it's "Notes"), Toolbar is complaining about the texture not being found, whereas it's actually there, in the mod folder.
(had also the issue, IIRC, with persistent rotation (not sure) and with science alter re-alerted (sure about that, only when the flask is animated).

In this instance, the icon for Notes mod even turned purple, which didn't happen in the 2 above cases.

How are you starting the game?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you starting the game?

Either directly from KSP_x64.exe, or its shortcut I created. 

Does that actually matter ?

EDIT @linuxgurugamer : oh, and I just tought about something : Does the location of the KSP instance actually matters ? Mine is iirc in special windows folder (documents), and I know from experience certain games don't like that in regards to modding, and prefer to be located in a "safe" location (eg. C\Games\KSP) where less jankyness happens. But until now I never tought about this for KSP... Maybe that could be it ?

Edited by kurgut

21 hours ago, kurgut said:

Either directly from KSP_x64.exe, or its shortcut I created. 

Does that actually matter ?

EDIT @linuxgurugamer : oh, and I just tought about something : Does the location of the KSP instance actually matters ? Mine is iirc in special windows folder (documents), and I know from experience certain games don't like that in regards to modding, and prefer to be located in a "safe" location (eg. C\Games\KSP) where less jankyness happens. But until now I never tought about this for KSP... Maybe that could be it ?

It does, if the shortcut is set wrong.  Double clicking the exe should be ok, I think.

It's working fine for me, try moving it into a safer directory.