[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's working fine for me, try moving it into a safer directory.

Ok it's a weird one : moved KSP instance to C/games/KSP/
launched directly from exectuable.

First time : same errors, toolbar is complaining, and also the texture of Notes is pink, like above.

After relaunching the game later, now the "Notes" mod icon is simply gone from both blizzy's and stock toolbar (fiddling with toolbar control does nothing), so I can't even access the mod and use it....
Is there a chance that I'd need to delete some cache files/configs files created by some mods ? since I moved the instance location, I'd guess It could have messed them up....

KSP log just in case https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

Ok it's a weird one : moved KSP instance to C/games/KSP/
launched directly from exectuable.

First time : same errors, toolbar is complaining, and also the texture of Notes is pink, like above.

After relaunching the game later, now the "Notes" mod icon is simply gone from both blizzy's and stock toolbar (fiddling with toolbar control does nothing), so I can't even access the mod and use it....
Is there a chance that I'd need to delete some cache files/configs files created by some mods ? since I moved the instance location, I'd guess It could have messed them up....

KSP log just in case https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftic9lit09rsy3r/KSP.log?dl=0

Try deleting the following files:

• modulemanager.configcache
  • ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
  • ModuleManager.Physics
  • ModuleManager.TechTree
  • toolbar-settings.dat

Also, not sure where this is stored, but I see the following error in the log:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\janmy\Documents\live\system\adobe\aud\ox_\KSP\KSP_kpsie\GameData\Notes\Plugins\PluginData\notes\zJool probe.txt

which is probably causing the problem.

I would also suggest removing the entire Notes directory and reinstalling it, I do see there is an xml file there which has a path

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try deleting the following files:

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

suggest removing the entire Notes directory and reinstalling it

that did fix it !

Thanks for your help :) 

Edited by kurgut

I'm sorry to bother you again.... but It popped again ^^

[WRN 02:06:05.823] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "C:\Games\KSP\KSP_kpsie\GameData/"
[ERR 02:06:05.824] [Toolbar] [ERROR] button texture not found: notes/Textures/icon_on_24

and the Notes toolbar icon turns into a purple square.

At least I can access the mod, which is nice, it's a few log spam tho each time I click on the icon...
(of course the texture IS there, I double checked again)

Cheers

Edited by kurgut

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't know why but the toolbar is missing... I have tried everything including reinstalling the mod. The only time the toolbar shows up is in the screen where you select the VAB or tracking center, etc.

When I go into the VAB the toolbar disappears. When I go to launch, the toolbar is not there.

Is there a hotkey to bring the toolbar back up so it is visible again? I do not have quick hide installed so it should be visible at all stages.

Edited by kspkat

On 2/25/2024 at 8:38 PM, kspkat said:

I don't know why but the toolbar is missing... I have tried everything including reinstalling the mod. The only time the toolbar shows up is in the screen where you select the VAB or tracking center, etc.

When you removed the mod, did you ensure that the relevant directory in GameData was, in fact, removed before reinstalling?  Sometimes config files can be left behind if the removal isn't complete and, if it is a matter of the toolbar being off-screen, removing those files might reset it.  That said, a quick review of the 000_Toolbar folder reveals no .cfg file, so I might be way off the mark.

You probably also have the Toolbar Controller installed (it's a dependency of Toolbar's).  It's represented on the Stock toolbar as a yellow wrench.  Open Toolbar Controller and see if there are any entries marked for "Blizzy".  Blizzy's Toolbar is the former name of Toolbar.  TBH, I don't know what happens if there are no mods assigned to Blizzy's Toolbar but it's a thought.

Another possibility is that you've hidden the toolbar on an edge somewhere.  Run your mouse along the window's edge to see if it pops up.

Failing all of that, there is a file called "toolbar-settings.dat" in GameData that contains values for x and y coordinates for the toolbar in the various KSP scenes.  What are they for under EDITOR and FLIGHT?

How have you installed the mod?  Manually or CKAN?

On 2/26/2024 at 3:38 AM, kspkat said:

Is there a hotkey to bring the toolbar back up so it is visible again? I do not have quick hide installed so it should be visible at all stages.

Toolbar stores its settings (including window positions) in GameData/toolbar-settings.dat 

Deleting that file will cause it to be recreated, but you'll have to reconfigure everything, adding back in your lists of buttons for each screen etc. Alternatively you can open it in a text editor and change the x, y settings for each of the toolbars to try and move things back on screen. (I think the starting default position is x =300, y = 300).

Edited by Aelfhe1m
Oops, cross posted with Brigadier who already covered this information - perhaps I shouldn't wait so long before replying to open tabs!.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:16 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

Toolbar stores its settings (including window positions) in GameData/toolbar-settings.dat 

Ok thanks. I've deleted the file , but no luck.

I installed a different mod, and the toolbar showed up again. But QuickRevert is not showing in the configure window where you add buttons to toolbar. The only button I can add right now is Time Control.

When I click the yellow wrench, QuickRevert is set to "both".

It seems as if the mod QuickRevert is failing to register with the toolbar? Maybe?

Installed with CKAN

Things I've tried (all with brand new save game):

• Reinstall QuickRevert/QuickSAS/Toolbar/ToolbarController/ClickthroughBlocker WITH CKAN confirming all mod files are deleted (no work)
  • Delete CKAN appdata folder, Fresh KSP install, Reinstall all my 105 mods WITH CKAN (no work)
  • Fresh KSP install, Install only QuickRevert/QuickSAS/Toolbar/ToolbarController/ClickthroughBlocker WITH CKAN (no work)
  • Fresh KSP install, Install only QuickRevert/QuickSAS/Toolbar/ToolbarController/ClickthroughBlocker WITHOUT CKAN (no work)

Short of formatting my computer, I believe there is nothing else I can try ...

It seems as though the mods are not registering with the toolbar controller. If the problem is the mod as I suspect, I can't see how are other people using it without trouble?

LOGS: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/618884275542032404/1214243566654595163/KSP.log

Spoiler

screenshot1.png?ex=65f87a3d&is=65e6053d&

screenshot2.png?ex=65f87a3d&is=65e6053d&

screenshot3.png?ex=65f87a3c&is=65e6053c&

screenshot0.png?ex=65f9e41a&is=65e76f1a&

Update: I've updated the images above, as I had noticed an error when toggling the toolbar for QuickRevert and QuickSAS:

ToolbarControl: mod.Key: QuickSAS_NS modToolbarControl is null

ToolbarControl: mod.Key: QuickRevert_NS modToolbarControl is null

The problem is with both mods, and I've tried an older version which also does not work. It appears as though the toolbar is not the problem, because other mods can utilize it without problems.

Edited by kspkat
update images

Posted (edited)

Are you starting the game using the launcher, or directly?

If using the launcher, can you please try starting it directly and let me know what happens?

The launcher screwed around with things when it was released and broke a whole bunch of mods, this is a very, very old mod and I'm wondering it was affected

If QR is showing up in the Toolbar Controller screen, then it's installed and working, I can see that in the log

You said that the checkbox for Both was checked.  The Blizzy toolbar doesn't automatically show all buttons available to it.  You have to right-click it to open the Toolbar Button Visibility window, and then enable it there.

• Is the QuickRevert showing up in the Toolbar Button Visibility window?
  • Is QuickRevert showing up in the stock toolbar?

Edited by linuxgurugamer