[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

4 hours ago, smaalle said:

Mayday mayday, i need help.

The problem is: My toolbar button is not in the game. And a toolbar without a button is not a toolbar.

Addon list, log file, inside leg measurement? Check the "how to get support" link pinned at the top of the forum/handily provided in LGG's forum signature.

I believe if you don't have any mods that support this, then it won't display its button as it would be redundant. If you do have mods that support this, are they showing their buttons or are they throwing up errors? We need data!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, rukhafi said:

hello! where to send the Russian localization of this mod?

The common way would be a pull request on github, but there is already a russian localisation file for this mod. You can take a look at the file (ru.cfg) here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp_toolbar/tree/master/GameData/000_Toolbar/Localization

If you think that something should be changed, my first sentence applies: Open a pull request on github , at the best with a comment WHY you want to change something.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to create blizzy buttons for mods that do not support the toolbar, or that default to the KSP toolbar, without asking the (no longer active) mod author to do it?  It drives me nuts having two toolbars.

2 hours ago, Meta Jonez said:

Is it possible to create blizzy buttons for mods that do not support the toolbar, or that default to the KSP toolbar, without asking the (no longer active) mod author to do it?  It drives me nuts having two toolbars.

No, it has to be coded in

Hi,

I prefer to use only the stock tool bar, but this tool bar was a mandatory part of another great mod that I like. I don't mind it being installed, but it keeps grabbing the icons for some other very important mods I use. Please tell me, how do I get my icons back in the stock bar, and prevent it from grabbing any others.

Thanks,

Hegemony Cricket

1 hour ago, Omar X said:

Hi,

I prefer to use only the stock tool bar, but this tool bar was a mandatory part of another great mod that I like. I don't mind it being installed, but it keeps grabbing the icons for some other very important mods I use. Please tell me, how do I get my icons back in the stock bar, and prevent it from grabbing any others.

Thanks,

Hegemony Cricket

Try this mod

29 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Try this mod

It turns out I already had that installed, and had looked at it before. Of the three mods that are listed in the control panel, it has released those icons to the stock tool bar. However, there are many others that it has grabbed, that are not listed in the options, for example, TAC Fuel Balancer, Stage Recovery, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, and all Mechjeb functions.

Any more suggestions?

27 minutes ago, Omar X said:

It turns out I already had that installed, and had looked at it before. Of the three mods that are listed in the control panel, it has released those icons to the stock tool bar. However, there are many others that it has grabbed, that are not listed in the options, for example, TAC Fuel Balancer, Stage Recovery, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, and all Mechjeb functions.

Any more suggestions?

Ask the modders to support the above mod?  They may also have options someplace where you can switch which toolbar they use - I can't recall if any of those do, off the top of my head.  (I tend to prefer everything on this toolbar, as it's easier to use in my opinion.)

18 hours ago, Omar X said:

It turns out I already had that installed, and had looked at it before. Of the three mods that are listed in the control panel, it has released those icons to the stock tool bar. However, there are many others that it has grabbed, that are not listed in the options, for example, TAC Fuel Balancer, Stage Recovery, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, and all Mechjeb functions

you can click the yellow wrench button to configure the ToolbarController and which toolbar different buttons will appear on.    This only works on those mods which support it.

20 hours ago, Omar X said:

Any more suggestions?

Of the many mods I use, most, if not all, allow you to specify whether they go on the stock toolbar or to Blizzy's from their own options menus/dialogs.  I've never had one I couldn't move back onto the stock toolbar.

Which mods are not appearing on the stock toolbar?

Edited by Brigadier

I found a work around. Delete the 000_Toolbar folder from Game Data folder. Tool bar goes away, and all buttons returned to the stock tool bar. So far, it doesn't appear to have affected any other mods.

Edited by Omar X

12 hours ago, Omar X said:

I found a work around. Delete the 000_Toolbar folder from Game Data folder. Tool bar goes away, and all buttons returned to the stock tool bar. So far, it doesn't appear to have affected any other mods.

Your "workaround" involves deleting the Blizzy Toolbar entirely.  Will only adversely affect mods which directly access it

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your "workaround" involves deleting the Blizzy Toolbar entirely.  Will only adversely affect mods which directly access it

Unless he's confused about the original 'this toolbar is required by another mod I like' - Possibly the mod just has Toolbar Controller as a requirement, and he saw that as the toolbar itself.

But yeah, if 'I need X mod, but I don't like other mods using it' + 'uninstall mod X' != 'workaround'.  Either you need X or you don't.  If you don't, a solution is to uninstall it if you don't like it.  If you do - then we are trying to work around having to have it.

• 2 months later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I'm sorry to bother you but I'm having two minor, minor bugs ( I think). When I create a folder in the toolbar and change the folder icon, at first I manage to create the folder with the icon I want, but as soon as I change scenes ( like from the flight scene to the space center and back), the folder icon resets back to the default icon ( the icon that looks like a folder). Does this happen to you?
The second thing is, when I try to change the order of the buttons inside a folder, I can't move them. Its that on purpose?

Thanks.
;)

21 hours ago, PmThay said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I'm sorry to bother you but I'm having two minor, minor bugs ( I think). When I create a folder in the toolbar and change the folder icon, at first I manage to create the folder with the icon I want, but as soon as I change scenes ( like from the flight scene to the space center and back), the folder icon resets back to the default icon ( the icon that looks like a folder). Does this happen to you?
The second thing is, when I try to change the order of the buttons inside a folder, I can't move them. Its that on purpose?

Thanks.
;)

I have no idea about the folder icon, I'll have to look at that.

And, changing the order, did you enable the option to move the buttons before you tried?

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And, changing the order, did you enable the option to move the buttons before you tried?

Yes I did enable the option to move buttons, and yes I could change the order of the buttons on the toolbar, but I can't change the order of buttons inside a folder.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, antongi said:

Hi. What is the last version of toolbar fo 1.3.1?

While doing my regular scan for mod updates (I want to switch to 1.6), I browsed through the release pages on github. I came across this: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp_toolbar/releases?after=1.7.16.0 Maybe the one on top is one you're looking for.

Edited by plonk

• 2 weeks later...

As I transition to 1.6.1 from 1.4.5, I want to preserve the Toolbar contents and layout I already have.  What, if any, files do I need to copy from my 1.4.5 game, or must I recreate my toolbars?  I've taken a look through 000_Toolbar but I'm not seeing anything like a config file that I can port.  Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

As I transition to 1.6.1 from 1.4.5, I want to preserve the Toolbar contents and layout I already have.  What, if any, files do I need to copy from my 1.4.5 game, or must I recreate my toolbars?  I've taken a look through 000_Toolbar but I'm not seeing anything like a config file that I can port.  Am I missing something?

The settings for blizzys toolbar (toolbar positions/buttons) are saved in: KSP_install_directory/GameData/toolbar-settings.dat

The settings for the toolbar controller (which button is shown in which toolbar in general) is saved in: KSP_install_directory/GameData/001_ToolbarControl/PluginData/ToolbarControl.cfg

You will need both files to restore the settings from 1.4.5 in 1.6.1.