[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

25 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I’m pretty sure that if there aren’t ant apps using it, it doesn’t show.

But I also was using NRAP, and shouldn't that be using a button in SPH/VAB?

UPDATE: double checked it, and nope, it was my mistake. NRAP is used different.
Sorry false alert.

Edited by Alewx

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, HZCK said:

Hello.

First,we appreciate the work of museum.

But I find these updates are not passed through CKAN.

This isn't the place for CKAN discussions, but this mod is indeed on CKAN with the current version (1.7.16.5). Unless you mean the localization updates aren't showing up on a CKAN install, which might be a bug but you probably need to provide more information before anyone can help you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Manual install...get this error...

https://imgur.com/oujnvYh

Still seems to work after hitting OK.  It does not make any sense because its telling me the correct path and then telling me that the same path is incorrect.  Is this a known issues due to the fact that the mod is not specifically 1.3.1 compliant?

Edited by LawnDartLeo

4 hours ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Manual install...get this error...

https://imgur.com/oujnvYh

Still seems to work after hitting OK.  It does not make any sense because its telling me the correct path and then telling me that the same path is incorrect.  Is this a known issues due to the fact that the mod is not specifically 1.3.1 compliant?

I dont think younhave the latest version, this was a bug when I first adopted it because I moved the dll into the Plugins directory.

I use this all the time without any problem, Inuse CKAN to install, somI know I have the correct version.

Please check the version, and then, if it continues, post a log file.

It is jus a warning, so you can continue.

Also, when you install, delete the old directory entirely, then put in the new one.

Hi,

Version file from my install of the tool bar....

Spoiler

{
  "NAME": "Toolbar",
  "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp_toolbar/master/Toolbar/etc/Toolbar.version",
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 7,
    "PATCH": 16,
    "BUILD": 5
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 3,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

log file...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djvdk88xbabfhmd/output_log.txt?dl=0

I have run a clean install with just the toolbar mod and that works fine.  So what mod is causing this, I wonder.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

According to the log file,  you have two copies installed:

aaa_Toolbar v1.7.15.0
aaa_Toolbar v1.7.16.5

This was not a clean install.  Clean install, when using Steam, will mean totally deleting the game, then opening up the Local Files and deleting all files there, then reinstalling

That's the thing.... I have not double installed....  

I assure you, I am clean installing (removing old KSP folder entirely and re downloading from steam and starting from scratch), no overwriting.  An older version is being installed with something else and I cant figure out what.

I did another wipe, just installed TB and no issue.  Something else I am adding afterwards is doing this.

Edited by LawnDartLeo

10 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

That's the thing.... I have not double installed....  

I assure you, I am clean installing (removing old KSP folder entirely and re downloading from steam and starting from scratch), no overwriting.  An older version is being installed with something else and I cant figure out what.

I did another wipe, just installed TB and no issue.  Something else I am adding afterwards is doing this.

Then you need to search for another copy of the dll.  Look for a file called:  aaa_Toolbar.dll

I can't tell which version of Windows you have, but in all of them, if you open up the KSP director in Explorer, there should be a search field where you can enter the file name

You have a lot of mods installed, my guess is that one of them has an extra copy of the dll.

Also, are you using CKAN to install, or manual install?

Edit:  I just checked all of the mods that I control in your list, and I didn't see any extra dll in those files, so it must be one of the others.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I found the bad file, but don't know where it's coming from:

GameData\000_Toolbar\Toolbar.dll

2 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Hi,

As stated previously, manual...

https://imgur.com/a/9HcB0

one file found.

Looks like someone is including an older version of the mod.  Delete the file I listed in my previous message

6 minutes ago, LawnDartLeo said:

Found it...

https://imgur.com/a/9HcB0

its just called toolbar.dll but it has the offending version #

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction.  Much appreciated.

Yes, that is old.

I would appreciate it if you could look at all the zip files you used to build the install, and let me know which one has that file.  I've looked at most of the mods listed, and can't find it.

Also, just an FYI, you seem to be running the old ModuleManager, you really should update that to 3.0.1

• 1 month later...