[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

7 hours ago, devoid said:

After using the move/resize configuration mode, and moving the toolbar, the cursor becomes invisible until a complete KSP restart.

I need a log file, and a short video showing the problem, I'm not seeing it when I test it

3 hours ago, devoid said:

It would have helped if you had mentioned that you were running on Linux.

your log is filled with exceptions from KSP-AVC, like the following:

KSP-AVC -> System.ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Remove KSP_AVC and see if that solves the problem

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It would have helped if you had mentioned that you were running on Linux.

your log is filled with exceptions from KSP-AVC, like the following:

KSP-AVC -> System.ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP_AVC.Toolbar.ToolbarWindow.Window (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Remove KSP_AVC and see if that solves the problem

Ran with only toolbar, toolbar controller, and waypoint manager, as I needed some mod to try to load an icon to the toolbar so it would show up. Updated log file, didn't re-record as I did the same procedure.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1slfwuQfhSwd_C56tknu55PkENL4m6rGN?usp=sharing

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, the GOOD news is that there aren't any exceptions.

The bad news, I don't know yet what's happening, I may need to build a Linux install to test this.  

Take your time, I know you have a lot of priorities to juggle.  I'll just use stock toolbar for now.  I greatly appreciate the work you do.  Let me know if you need anything (I dev too just not for KSP yet).

22 minutes ago, devoid said:

Take your time, I know you have a lot of priorities to juggle.  I'll just use stock toolbar for now.  I greatly appreciate the work you do.  Let me know if you need anything (I dev too just not for KSP yet).

I may send you a debug  version, would help to see what's going on.   I'll PM you with the details

16 hours ago, devoid said:

Ran with only toolbar, toolbar controller, and waypoint manager, as I needed some mod to try to load an icon to the toolbar so it would show up. Updated log file, didn't re-record as I did the same procedure.

Do a quick test, please, or maybe you already know the answer:

Actually, two tests:

First, just unlock the positin and size, and then lock it again.  What happens to the cursor?

Second, you will need two buttons for this.  Unlock the button order, reorder them. What happens to the cursor?  Then Lock the button order.  What happens to the cursor?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do a quick test, please, or maybe you already know the answer:

Actually, two tests:

First, just unlock the positin and size, and then lock it again.  What happens to the cursor?

Second, you will need two buttons for this.  Unlock the button order, reorder them. What happens to the cursor?  Then Lock the button order.  What happens to the cursor?

Thanks

I'll test the 2nd this afternoon, but the first I know already.  The cursor completely disappears if I re-lock it. While it's unlocked, I can see the 4-way cursor but ONLY when it's over the toolbar icon.  

2 minutes ago, devoid said:

I'll test the 2nd this afternoon, but the first I know already.  The cursor completely disappears if I re-lock it. While it's unlocked, I can see the 4-way cursor but ONLY when it's over the toolbar icon.  

Ok, I kind of figured that, thanks.

Will be waiting for the results of the 2nd, thanks

3 hours ago, devoid said:

I just got a linux install working, and it's happening to me as well, including using the test dll I sent you , so no need to do the test 

:-(

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just got a linux install working, and it's happening to me as well, including using the test dll I sent you , so no need to do the test 

:-(

Yuck, glad you can replicate it though.  Makes it so much easier than playing forum tag with people (specially people who aren't around enough) *hides*

New release, 1.7.17.2

• Added code to load textures manually, since Unity tries to compress them in the db
  • Disabled cursor switching on Linux only

There appears to be a Unity bug on Linux only, which causes the cursor to disappear when the mod is done with switching cursor, so for now, I've just disabled the cursor swap on Linux only

46 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.7.17.2

• Added code to load textures manually, since Unity tries to compress them in the db

There appears to be a Unity bug on Linux only, which causes the cursor to disappear when the mod is done with switching cursor, so for now, I've just disabled the cursor swap on Linux only

I'm wondering if there's a capitalization issue with the name of the cursor file - just as something that jumps to my head if something works on Mac and Win, but not on Linux.  (Linux is case-sensitive.  Most filesystems for Mac and Win aren't.)

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.7.17.2

@linuxgurugamer Updated but now some of my toolbar buttons are gray squares, where as they weren't on the last version: https://imgur.com/a/uZx6a Reverting for now.

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer Updated but now some of my toolbar buttons are gray squares, where as they weren't on the last version: https://imgur.com/a/uZx6a Reverting for now.

having the same issue here:

[ERR 02:13:36.159] [Toolbar] [ERROR] Cannot find texture to load:<snip>/Kerbal Space Program_current/KSP_Data/../GameData/ScienceChecklist/ChecklistSmall.png

[ERR 02:13:36.162] [Toolbar] [ERROR] Cannot find texture to load:<snip>/Kerbal Space Program_current/KSP_Data/../GameData/Chatterer/Textures/chatterer_icon_toolbar

"ChecklistSmall.png" (assuming that is the [x] science icon) I could not find as file, but I found a "chatterer_icon_toolbar.dds" in ./GameData/Chatterer/Textures. both are grey to me

2 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

12 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

having the same issue here:

[ERR 02:13:36.159] [Toolbar] [ERROR] Cannot find texture to load:<snip>/Kerbal Space Program_current/KSP_Data/../GameData/ScienceChecklist/ChecklistSmall.png

[ERR 02:13:36.162] [Toolbar] [ERROR] Cannot find texture to load:<snip>/Kerbal Space Program_current/KSP_Data/../GameData/Chatterer/Textures/chatterer_icon_toolbar

"ChecklistSmall.png" (assuming that is the [x] science icon) I could not find as file, but I found a "chatterer_icon_toolbar.dds" in ./GameData/Chatterer/Textures. both are grey to me

What OS are you running?

And, a list of the missing icons would be helpful.

I wonder if it's the code to load the icon files, it did get changed at some point recently

It just happened to me with Chatterer.  I still need the list of mod so whatever I fix will be tested against.

Oh, it's the dds format.  I'll fix ASAP

Edited by linuxgurugamer

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release: 1.7.17.3

• Added dds format to texture loading code

I'm using Ubuntu to answer ya question earlier :D BTW i love how you take care of the necessary stuff! ty!

Edited by LatiMacciato

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm sorry to report that I still have the gray box issue with TAC Fuel Balancer and ScienceAlert. Both use PNG files in their source. Could it be something to do with the way their DLL's were compiled?

No, I'll download them and take a look