[1.12.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.8.0.0

• Updated for 1.8
  • Added Startup class

First off: thanks for you tireless and magnificent efforts, @linuxgurugamer. I appreciate that you probably don't have the time to deal with my problem.

I just updated to 1.8, and updated what addons I could, including this one.
Toolbar Controller lets me assign things to the Blitzy toolbar. But where I'd expect to see the toolbar, there is only a tiny black square. I made a screenshot, the tiny black square is part of the UI, stays stationary on my screen as I look around. In this screenshot, it's just above the launchpad water-tower: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWyR8xK_wHxy2TrCgHmTG8yqij3jXeFy
Here's the KSC, the little black square is in a slightly different spot, visible just above the island in the background. Is static with the GUI when I look around: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MHkLg2E5hxI-rEQZTUarRtmopeCBXavv
I copied all the output logs etc. I could find into a rar archive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DLYlrzy5mIFkg3GU5PmdvHUNWVOOA6Pr

I'm certain it's a bad mod interaction, and that something I've got installed is messing with the toolbar. My question: is there perhaps anything in the settings I could play with, or a keyboard shortcut or something to convince the toolbar to show?

Try deleting the toolbar.dat file, other than that, I have no idea.  I’ll look at the logs later, but since I don’t yet have any of my mods updated, I don’t have a way to test right now.

From what I saw in the screenshot, every single mod you have installed except for toolbarcontroller and toolbar have not yet been updated for 1.8

I forgot that the toolbarcontroller itself can put itself on the toolbar, Ill test later when I get home

Edited by linuxgurugamer

38 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try deleting the toolbar.dat file, other than that, I have no idea.  I’ll look at the logs later, but since I don’t yet have any of my mods updated, I don’t have a way to test right now.

From what I saw in the screenshot, every single mod you have installed except for toolbarcontroller and toolbar have not yet been updated for 1.8

I forgot that the toolbarcontroller itself can put itself on the toolbar, Ill test later when I get home

I assure you. Every update that AVC and Spacedock informed me about is installed.

This might be (probably is) unrelated. But since it involves what is being displayed, I thought I should mention it, just in case there is a relation to the missing toolbar.

I just was playing around to try and nail down an issue I thought was related to the stock camera mode in the VAB, as everything slowed down to a very choppy, very slow crawl when I hit "5".
However, 5 also turned on RCS Build Aid. Turning off the same by clicking the toolbar button made everything work smoothly again. In either camera mode, stock or WASD.
Until I grab a part. When I select a part from the parts bin, and try to move it about, I get the same choppy crawl. Until I attach the part or throw it back in the parts bin. I failed to check what'd happen if I tried to just put it in the VAB without attaching it, I'm afraid.
I did, however, see what would happen if I opened other menus, like Toolbar Control, Kerbal Engineer, the coordinate thing that the P button for Precise Editor brings up. None of them made any crawl. Also tried turning on and off the COG, COL, COT markers. No crawl. Hovering to open the menus for Janitor's Closet and Editor Extensions didn't seem to make anything crawl, either.
Just RCS Build Aid, and grabbing a part.

After I was done playing around and shut down the game, I put the logs from Appdata/.../Kerbal Space Program into an archive, just in case those are of interest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SGgX9D3rR2RlmH3IHdqqhSm9eVLGkGgj

EDIT:

38 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I searched (with the search function of windows explorer, not just my mucky eyes) the game folder, and I searched Appdata/.../SQUAD. I can only find a toolbar-settings.dat, in .../GameData. Do you mean that, or should there be a toolbar.dat file somewhere? If so, might that relate to the missing toolbar?

Edited by DerGolgo

55 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have the same problem. I have deleted the toolbar.dat. No effect!

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Same issue here, I tested with a clean 1.8 install with toolbar (and dependencies) and Mechjeb.  Here is a log.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnEzp53YKl60ibExokIY1WLtSAf8sQ?e=FSYlIb

So I looked at toolbar-settings.dat
Inside, it looked like this:

toolbars
{
	SPACECENTER
	{
		toolbar_612624109
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH
			scale = 24
			followKSPAppScale = False
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	EDITOR
	{
		toolbar_978760191
		{
			x = 732
			y = 155
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = AGEXT_NS.agextButton,ModActs.MABtn,QuickGoToLves.QuickGoToLves,QuickGoToMI.QuickGoToMI,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickSearch_NS.quickSearchButton,ReCoupler.ReCoupler
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	TRACKSTATION
	{
		toolbar_2061931242
		{
			x = 487
			y = 91
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	MAINMENU
	{
		toolbar_612624109
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
		toolbar_978760191
		{
			x = 732
			y = 155
			width = 250
			height = 105
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = AGEXT_NS.agextButton,ModActs.MABtn,QuickGoToLves.QuickGoToLves,QuickGoToMI.QuickGoToMI,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickSearch_NS.quickSearchButton,ReCoupler.ReCoupler
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
		toolbar_1743391942
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = 
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
		toolbar_120281066
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = 
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
		toolbar_89221319
		{
			x = 279
			y = 436
			width = 250
			height = 105
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = AGEXT_NS.agextButton,EnginesGUI.EnginesFlightButton,ModActs.MABtn,Trajectories.TrajectoriesGUI,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH,QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
		toolbar_944227962
		{
			x = 592
			y = 243
			width = 250
			height = 50
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH,Trajectories.TrajectoriesGUI,AGEXT_NS.agextButton
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	FLIGHT
	{
		toolbar_89221319
		{
			x = 279
			y = 436
			width = 250
			height = 105
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = AGEXT_NS.agextButton,EnginesGUI.EnginesFlightButton,ModActs.MABtn,Trajectories.TrajectoriesGUI,QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH,QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	FLIGHTMAP
	{
		toolbar_944227962
		{
			x = 592
			y = 243
			width = 250
			height = 50
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = QuickGoToTS.QuickGoToTS,QuickGoToVAB.QuickGoToVAB,QuickGoToSPH.QuickGoToSPH,Trajectories.TrajectoriesGUI,AGEXT_NS.agextButton
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
}

I deleted it, started the game, and the problem with the toolbar was as before. Only difference: the little black square had wandered, in the editor, to occupy the same spot on my screen it occupied when I was looking at the KSC. I believe the previous position may have been related to where I had set the toolbar to appear last time I had played and it worked.
I found that a new toolbar-settings.dat had been created, with a few fewer entries.
It looked like this:

toolbars
{
	SPACECENTER
	{
		toolbar_1574854551
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = 
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	EDITOR
	{
		toolbar_655524769
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = 
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
	MAINMENU
	{
		toolbar_1574854551
		{
			x = 300
			y = 300
			width = 250
			height = 3
			autoHide = False
			drawBorder = True
			useKSPSkin = False
			buttonOrder = 
			visibleButtons = 
			scale = 24
			followKSPUIScale = True
		}
	}
}

I thought that "3" was an odd value for height, when width was 250. So I decided to be cute and changed the height for each entry to "200". Started the game. No change.

Well this may or may not be an error on your end, but it seems that mods that haven't been updated, when I click on them in toolbar, they completely disappear. I can get them back if I leave scene and come back. The few updated mod ones work fine, I can click on them and click them close, they still show up without disappearing. I hope this isn't the case, then pre-1.8 mods will have to but updated. I think I have some older ones that don't get updated much, like Notes mod. Anyways thanks.

I have a Player Log file, some reason I don't have an output log. I just reinstalled KSP. I already ran it a few times.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, Homer_S said:

Thanks for the update... 

Wrinkle... If you try to use the KSP skin, the icon disappears.

Homer

I see that problem too.  But clicking any button, the button disappears.  Reloading into another scene and the toolbar and buttons restore, but only until I click on a button again.  I can switch back and forth between KSP skin and Unity smoke skin, but have to reload the scene each time for the buttons to return.

I can see linuxgurugamer is on fire right now, updating every mod under the kol.  No rush on this, it's not game breaking, just a minor annoyance we can work around by reloading the scene (jump from VAB to something else, for example).

But thanks again linuxgurugamer for all your hard work!!!

On 10/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, therealcrow999 said:

Well this may or may not be an error on your end, but it seems that mods that haven't been updated, when I click on them in toolbar, they completely disappear. I can get them back if I leave scene and come back. The few updated mod ones work fine, I can click on them and click them close, they still show up without disappearing. I hope this isn't the case, then pre-1.8 mods will have to but updated. I think I have some older ones that don't get updated much, like Notes mod. Anyways thanks.

I have a Player Log file, some reason I don't have an output log. I just reinstalled KSP. I already ran it a few times.

In 1.8, the Player.Log replaces the output_log.txt

Mods which haven't been updated for 1.8 aren't supported.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, Homer_S said:

Thanks for the update... 

Wrinkle... If you try to use the KSP skin, the icon disappears.

Homer

Which icon?

8 minutes ago, cytosine said:

I see that problem too.  But clicking any button, the button disappears.  Reloading into another scene and the toolbar and buttons restore, but only until I click on a button again.  I can switch back and forth between KSP skin and Unity smoke skin, but have to reload the scene each time for the buttons to return.

Steps to replicate, please.  Only use 1.8 mods for this.  I'll need a list of mods, and what you did to get this to happen.  Also, which button disappears?

On 10/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

In 1.8, the Player.Log replaces the output_log.txt

Mods which haven't been updated for 1.8 aren't supported.

Which icon?

Steps to replicate, please.  Only use 1.8 mods for this.  I'll need a list of mods, and what you did to get this to happen.  Also, which button disappears?

The checkerboard for the Toolbar disappears. Cytosine appears to have the issue as well. I can confirm the clicking a button on the Toolbar causes the Toolbar to disappear. I'll post a cleaner report shortly.

Homer

Edited by Homer_S
clarification

5 minutes ago, Homer_S said:

The checkerboard for the Toolbar disappears. Cytosine appears to have the issue as well. I can confirm the clicking a button on the Toolbar causes the Toolbar to disappear. I'll post a cleaner report shortly.

Homer

Ok, I've been able to replicate it

On 10/25/2019 at 9:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.8.0.3

• Fixed buttons disappearing, related to previoius issue with buttons not displaying
  • Replaced "initted" flag with a nullable variable in Button.cs

Parfait!! Have a scoop of Minmus... on us!

Homer

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Asger said:

So, been trying to figure this out. I'm running a fresh install of the game and only have Toolbar and ClickThruBlocker installed from CKAN but the initial toolbar never shows up in any scene. Here is a log if it helps. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtsZoD6UFOhVdzo_ydVdjOA6EHY?e=3oGhaU

Welcome to the forums.

Well, I would hazard a guess and suggest that since you have no mods that could possibly go on the toolbar, there's no requirement to display it.  Have you tried installing a mod that could be placed on the toolbar?

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums.

Well, I would hazard a guess and suggest that since you have no mods that could possibly go on the toolbar, there's no requirement to display it.  Have you tried installing a mod that could be placed on the toolbar?

Thanks for the reply, I've tried it now with Mechjeb 2 and RCS Build Aid along with Toolbar Controller to make sure they were only on Toolbar. No luck, the basic toolbar that is supposed to display with the mod installed that allows you to choose your first set of buttons is not displaying for some reason.

11 hours ago, Asger said:

Thanks for the reply, I've tried it now with Mechjeb 2 and RCS Build Aid along with Toolbar Controller to make sure they were only on Toolbar. No luck, the basic toolbar that is supposed to display with the mod installed that allows you to choose your first set of buttons is not displaying for some reason.

Are you saying that the stock toolbar isn't showing?  If so, then you have a strange problem.

Please start with a totally clean install, get to the SpaceCenter and see if the stock toolbar is there.  If not, then  you have a stock problem.  If so, then install the ClickThroughBlocker (needed), ToolbarController and Blizzy toolbar, and see if those work.

What I can say from the log file is that you don't have the ToolbarController installed

Current versions are:

• ClickThroughBlocker: 0.1.9.3
  • ToolbarController:  0.1.9.4
  • Blizzy Toolbar: 1.8.0.5

From the log file:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.4.0.2
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.9.3 / v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.4.0.2
aaa_Toolbar v1.8.0.5
Stock assembly: KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.35