Jump to content

[1.9.x] Toolbar Continued - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you saying that the stock toolbar isn't showing?  If so, then you have a strange problem.

Please start with a totally clean install, get to the SpaceCenter and see if the stock toolbar is there.  If not, then  you have a stock problem.  If so, then install the ClickThroughBlocker (needed), ToolbarController and Blizzy toolbar, and see if those work.

What I can say from the log file is that you don't have the ToolbarController installed

Current versions are:

  • ClickThroughBlocker: 0.1.9.3
  • ToolbarController:  0.1.9.4
  • Blizzy Toolbar: 1.8.0.5

 

I tried what you suggested with a fresh install of both game and latest version of the mods but ran into the same problem. The blizzy's toolbar never shows up. Afterward I tried downloading RCS Build Aid again to see if the toolbar needed a mod that can use it in order to display and it did not. One interesting thing is that the Toolbar Controller mod sets all other mods to stock as if Blizzy's toolbar is not even installed.

Here is a screenshot of the KSC on load in. https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtsZoD6UFOhVebAHjizirTkStAs?e=nLjo8e The basic blizzy's toolbar that allows you to make your first selection of buttons never shows up in this or any scene. 

Here is the log link as well. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtsZoD6UFOhVeOVF6JwbZmhR6Gk?e=eojfHs

Thanks again for the help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I also am not getting the Toolbar with the latest versions.

Mine were installed via CKAN and it only installed ClickThroughBlocker

Blizzy toolbar is optional, you have to select it to install it.

Also, the toolbar won't show up unless there are some buttons assigned to it in the scene  you are in

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, gamerscircle said:

It would seem that via the ToolBar controller, you have to assign it?  Would this not sort of make this a dependency, or is there a way to have the toolbar without TC?

It is possible, but only mods which support it directly will be able to use it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer How would I go about telling a mod to use the toolbar interface? I tried clicking here:

"Are you a plugin author and would like to use the Toolbar Plugin? Please head over to the development thread which has all the info you need."

But that link appears to be dead. One of the mods I'd like to have assigned to the toolbar, so I don't have to go hunting in the stock toolbar in a quick reaction situation, doesn't seem to recognize the toolbar mod, and I get no option to add it there, so I thought I'd try to see what would be needed to modify it to use it, for my own game, assuming it's not above my ability level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer How would I go about telling a mod to use the toolbar interface? I tried clicking here:

"Are you a plugin author and would like to use the Toolbar Plugin? Please head over to the development thread which has all the info you need."

But that link appears to be dead. One of the mods I'd like to have assigned to the toolbar, so I don't have to go hunting in the stock toolbar in a quick reaction situation, doesn't seem to recognize the toolbar mod, and I get no option to add it there, so I thought I'd try to see what would be needed to modify it to use it, for my own game, assuming it's not above my ability level.

use these instructions:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so for some reason this is showing 1.9.X in the title of this post but i am not seeing this on ckan. It seems like all of my mods depending on this are updated but is currently waiting for this. I thought i would ask you first if maybe you made a mistake and if not I will ask the ckan guys. Do you know what is wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Thorman said:

Ok so for some reason this is showing 1.9.X in the title of this post but i am not seeing this on ckan. It seems like all of my mods depending on this are updated but is currently waiting for this. I thought i would ask you first if maybe you made a mistake and if not I will ask the ckan guys. Do you know what is wrong?

That's because the thread was updated.  Enable compatibility with 1.8 on CKAN, 99% of mods for 1.8 work on 1.9

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I can confirm that this mod causes my game to behave really strangely if I try to modify some stuff I lose all my stock buttons at the left and even the menu which come out when I click escape everytime it happens I need to restart the game...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fizy45 said:

I can confirm that this mod causes my game to behave really strangely if I try to modify some stuff I lose all my stock buttons at the left and even the menu which come out when I click escape everytime it happens I need to restart the game...

You'll need to provide some more information , such as KSP's and this mod's version numbers.  When you "...modify some stuff...", what do you mean exactly?  This mod has worked well for quite some time and it's likely your problem exists elsewhere.

Read the topic linked in my sig block for guidance on how to report problems so you can help others troubleshoot with you.  I suggest that If you can replicate the problem, run your game for the minimum time necessary to do so and post a link to you player.log file (Windows).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raging_Mik said:

@linuxgurugamer I have created a new Localization file, which one is in Chinese. So how can I send to you? I hope you could add Chinese version in the next version. And Thanks for the wonderful mod. It's very useful to make me do not miss researches in a place. Best wishes!!

That's wonderful.

The best way would be to do it as a PR on github.  If that's not possible, then zip it up and get the the file somehow, Dropbox, GoogleDrive are all fine.

Do not send me the raw file, it will get destroyed

One thing, you are mentioning "researches", did you mean to post in a different thread?  This one is for the Blizzy Toolbar.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 12:06 AM, Raging_Mik said:

I have opened a new PR on github and put the file on it.

And this Localization file is for your mod "ScienceAlert ReAlerted".

 

Great.

I’ll look at it later today or tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 7:31 PM, baldamundo said:

Did anyone ever find a solution to the folder toolbar icon resetting issue? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp_toolbar/issues/18

Sorry to double-post, but it's been a few months now. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens or how to fix it? Issue seems to have been around for a couple of years at least (I'm guessing not that many people use the folder icon settings lol)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Sorry to double-post, but it's been a few months now. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens or how to fix it? Issue seems to have been around for a couple of years at least (I'm guessing not that many people use the folder icon settings lol)

 

Oh -- interesting -- you mean like managing/rearranging folders and sub-folders? I've never much played with that other than making catch-all folders for things that didn't already have them (like scansat or mechjeb). I usually rebuild my games long before I ever get that deep into configuration ;)

If all else fails you can nuke the .dat file and start over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Oh -- interesting -- you mean like managing/rearranging folders and sub-folders? I've never much played with that other than making catch-all folders for things that didn't already have them (like scansat or mechjeb). I usually rebuild my games long before I ever get that deep into configuration ;)

If all else fails you can nuke the .dat file and start over.

Sorry there were two separate issues referenced above. There's:

1. the problem of accidentally dropping a folder inside another folder
last time I looked into it, there was no way of rearranging this, but as you say - nuking the .dat file and starting over is a workaround in the worst-case.

2. the problem of folder icons resetting
for those who don't know, when you create a folder in the toolbar, by default it has an icon of a folder, but if you right-click and hit "edit folder settings" you can change the icon (I think to any icon it can find in the game's data folders). however, these icons seem to regularly reset to the default icon - seems like it happens sometimes as often as every scene change. nuking the .dat file wouldn't help with this issue, and even making your changes and then setting the file to read-only doesn't seem to reliably solve it in my experience

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DfA-DoM said:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone had already tried the toolbar in 1.10.1 ?

If so, and if that works, please @linuxgurugamer, it would be nice to have the CKAN record and/or the mod itself updated.

 

Lots of things would be nice.  For example, it would be nice if I had an extra 8 hours a day to work on mods.

But, since “nice” isn’t always possible,  there actually is a “nice” option in CKAN which lets you set  compatibility with older versions.

And, it’s also “nice” that the version for 1.8.1 works perfectly well in 1.10.1.

I support over 230 mods. I don’t have time to do updates which do nothing other than change a version issue when there is a perfectly good workaround.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 7:06 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I support over 230 mods. I don’t have time to do updates which do nothing other than change a version issue when there is a perfectly good workaround.

You're legendary, mate. Your mods and hard work have contributed to hundreds of hours of entertainment for me.  Thanks for contributing so much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Go into the settings (of the toolbar) and untick the item you want to remove

yeah, but when i re-tick it the icon goes back into the folder. I want the button on that toolbar, but no longer in the folder...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...