Any stock rocket that can reach LEO in RSS?

Here: https://kerbalx.com/Gaarst/RSS-Rocket

It's not that hard, just aim for 9.5k m/s of dV and keep reasonable TWR on all stages. The most diffcult part is the ascent profile because you need to get higher in order not to fall back down to Earth.

I suggest installing SMURFF (not yet updated to 1.3) which is a mod that balances the parts masses and fuel capacities to make them closer to real life parts. This will make your RSS rockets smaller (closer to real payload fractions) than just building stock.

A rocket needs around 10-11km/s to reach orbit around Earth. It is possible, it would look simulair to an Eve rocket, if you choose to use the stock fuel tanks. The stock fuel tanks are made out of lead by the way, this is to balance the game mechanics, because you technically could go pretty much anywhere in the Kerbol System if the fuel tanks had realistic weight. There is a mod called SMURFF that makes the stock tanks lighter and rebalances the fuel system so it is more suitable for RSS

Not saying building completely stock rockets for RSS would not be fun.

7 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

It's not that hard, just aim for 9.5k m/s of dV and keep reasonable TWR on all stages.

We replied nearly the same thing at nearly the same time, i did not copy you. Weird coincidence.

Anyways, back on track. (well sort of off track). But i have tried rockets with 9,5km/s of dV yet the rocket does nit have enough. I always need to have about 10km/s because of air drag and stuff . In recently checked google, and it said that you needed an additional 1.3/1.6 km/s for all the forces that pull you back.

For playing RSS with stock parts, i'd recommend playing a pre 1.0 version of KSP, because on 1.0 (unless i'm much mistaken) all engines were nerfed to better fit the new aerodynamics.

Edited by Overfloater

I did a lot of stuff regarding stock RSS a little while ago. You can do a kind of career progression too. If you bump science and funds rewards up to 300-500% you get a progression simlar to stock career. Here are some pictures if you need inspiration:

pC79R9k.png

Reusable launch stage. Gets 20-25 tons to orbit with a parachute-recoverable lower stage. Costs 650k and you get about 275k back from recovery, so pretty good.

8PTnad9.png

Gets 1 kerbal to orbit and back.

MuOMVBc.png

Enough for a 1-kerbal mun flyby

ALSO you can get to orbit with only 8.5km/s. However, your rocket needs to be designed a certain way. It must have a very large lower stage, and an upper stage with a TWR of more than 1. Otherwise your gravity losses will be too great. Hope that helped. :)

Edited by quasarrgames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.