Reasons Having No Probe Control?

I don't know if this is a dumb question, but why do I have no probe control? It was just fine until it reached Mun encounter. I just lost my Mun satellite when it was on a collision course with Mun. I had to burn at the retrograde, but it says "no probe control" on the upper left.

My current KSP version is 1.2.2

Thanks.

My guess is that your craft is lacking a antenna or an antenna insufficient to communicate with kerbin or a near by relay satellites. Or it's out of power. If this is no help possibly post a screen shot of your craft it can often help forum members wanting to assist. 

If you play with ComNetwork on and Signal available for Control it may have 2 possibilities.

1. You are out of range

2. You are aout of LOS (behind the moon)

Hope this helps. 

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

Edited by Urses

Ehm i don't realy see a craft here in the pic (maybe because i am on mobile)?

But if you where on incomming traejektory it means one of following or addition of all of them:

1. No or to small antena

2. Tracking Station is to low tier (tier 2 is mostly enough for moon)

3. No energy 

4. Your scallings for range in system are to sharp  (there are 2 sliders 1 for antennas on crafts and one dierectly for tracking station range)

Wayarounds:

1. "Cheat" deaktivate comm Network.

2. Upgrade tracking station 

3. "Cheat" infinite energy (maybe your solars aren't open or show wrong way?)

4. Play with the sliders

Hope you find your problem. 

PS: a near screen of the craft with visibel antennas, batteries and solars will help. Addotionaly a map view screen with aktivated Network to see the connections.

Urses

Edited by Urses

Don't stare at the sun you will go blind:wink:. A screen shot with the sun behind the point of view of the camera should light up your satellite better for all so see. Also have the headsup displaying as well showing as the HUD top left will show the strength of the signal back to Kerbin and other useful info about the situation.  

11 minutes ago, Lelitu said:

More accurately, folding them up while clear of atmosphere is an excellent way to lose a probe. Once it's out of power, that's it, probe's dead.

Technically a kerbal in EVA can force it to deploy. But that is hardly practical. 

On 2017-06-10 at 10:13 AM, bewing said:

There shouldn't be any reason to fold them back up once you are in space. You only need to keep them folded when you are in an atmosphere.

I sometimes retract my solar panels when manoeuvring near another craft (such as a space station or ground base) but yeah, you generally want to keep them deployed when you're in space.

• 6 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.