[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

4 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Ooh you mean there are still mods that aren't still "compatible" because of the 1.3 ? I tough the last build of TR was available on CKAN (didn't checked) and other mods could use this.

Anyway, I've updated the release (I forgot the toolbar icon) to V0.1.a.   I'm pretty sure now this is stable enough and if there are still mod waiting, we can publish it on CKAN. I've just absolutely not idea (yet) on how to do it :blush:

Hmm, you're right, there is an updated version in CKAN for 1.3.

Also, the best way to do make sure that only good releases get pulled by CKAN is to do a full release;  CKAN by default will NOT look at a pre-release on github, so you'd be save doing multiple pre-releases.

Since I don't see a release, I'll hold off for now.  Let me know when you have a release.  No rush since TR is available.  I'll make sure that CKAN will NOT install both, will only install one or the other.

26 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

this is exciting :)

Really tho, I don't see why you had to credit shaw using his real name. I actually had to go and check that was who I thought it was when I noticed shaw wasn't credited in the OP.

Doing so does not also mean you can distribute the mod without including the original license file that you'll find in the original TR OP (I see you have it in the ReadMe on the Github but forum rules state it must be in the downloaded file as well)

I'll correct this if needed.  I've used this name because it was the one on the end of the README on his github and the name of the owner of this github is ducakar.  Same goes for the copyrights inside the sources

TextureReplacer github

I can do the special thanks with the name shaw and in my readme presentation but I can't change it in the sources

(ofc correct me if I'm wrong :) )

edit: I've changed the Special thanks section in the OP and on the readme to his forum name Shaw. Is it alright like this ?

Edited by HaArLiNsH

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmm, you're right, there is an updated version in CKAN for 1.3.

Also, the best way to do make sure that only good releases get pulled by CKAN is to do a full release;  CKAN by default will NOT look at a pre-release on github, so you'd be save doing multiple pre-releases.

Since I don't see a release, I'll hold off for now.  Let me know when you have a release.  No rush since TR is available.  I'll make sure that CKAN will NOT install both, will only install one or the other.

ah good news :)    I'll let you know when I have something more like a real release

26 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

edit: I've changed the Special thanks section in the OP and on the readme to his forum name Shaw. Is it alright like this ?

that or "real name (forum name)" - it's really just so people around here recognize who he is. I know these are just beta releases also but pretty sure the mods will want that license file included as well

18 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

that or "real name (forum name)" - it's really just so people around here recognize who he is. I know these are just beta releases also but pretty sure the mods will want that license file included as well

Yeah of course and I want to include it , I'm not used to the license system.

I've changed also the readme on my github so it says " This is the continuation of TextureReplacer made by Davorin Učakar alias Shaw. "  so there is a place where the link between his real name and nickname is made. 

When you say license file, you are saying that I miss another file I have to add somewhere ? 

Otherwise, I've changed a bit the license text I've seen in the sources when forking the Master from shaw and merging it with the updates RangeMachine.

So I had generally something like

/* 
 * Copyright © 2013-2016 Davorin Učakar, RangeMachine
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
 * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
 * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
 * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
 * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
 * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
 * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
 * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 */

where I changed the date to include 2017 as we have started the year and RangeMachine did updates until now, and I've added one for me that start in 2017

/*
 * Copyright © 2017 HaArLiNsH
 * Copyright © 2013-2017 Davorin Učakar, RangeMachine
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
 * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
 * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
 * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
 * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
 * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
 * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
 * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
 * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
 * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 */

Is this the way to do it or have I done it wrong ? Do I miss something ?

Edited by HaArLiNsH

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

I have no idea what black magic I need to get the KSP parttools compile opengl shaders. Perhaps I can use precompiled shaders to feed them into the ksp asset compiler. 

what do you use to make these ? Do you have a link where I can search ? i like black magic :)

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Is this the way to do it or have I done it wrong ? Do I miss something ?

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks fine to me

He's including the license in the source code, which is well and good but the forum rules state the license has to be included in the download and the recent release (link in the OP was broken for me BTW) doesn't include the source code.

It's in the ReadMe file. Just include the ReadMe in the download, which would be a good thing regardless of the license rule (oh, right it's Markup formatted so wouldn't read that well in a normal text editor. It's a nicely-done ReadMe tho)

Edited by Drew Kerman

51 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

He's including the license in the source code, which is well and good but the forum rules state the license has to be included in the download and the recent release (link in the OP was broken for me BTW) doesn't include the source code.

It's in the ReadMe file. Just include the ReadMe in the download, which would be a good thing regardless of the license rule

Ooh I see what your are talking about. I missed that file :) 

I added it and I've fixed the link in the OP.

Thank you for pointing this out :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

24 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

It's in the ReadMe file. Just include the ReadMe in the download, which would be a good thing regardless of the license rule (oh, right it's Markup formatted so wouldn't read that well in a normal text editor. It's a nicely-done ReadMe tho)

Oh, I missed that it wasn't a separate file.

good catch

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

what do you use to make these ? Do you have a link where I can search ? i like black magic :)

I use KSP asset compiler and select my shader, but this turns them only into DX9-11 shaders and no OpenGL. Looks like an  shortcoming of the parttools to me. Next week I try to reimport a manually compiled shader and see how this turns out.

Just waking up! I've got a quick out of the loop Q - have the part reflection changes been put inside the main release yet, or are we waiting for the OpenGL mac/linux versions before it's merged? As soon as it's out I'll update WindowShine and link the OP to here instead of the old thread :)

I'd like to get back to the old "Install TextureReplacer and then install WindowShine and you're set" as soon as possible :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Just waking up :) I've got a quick out of the loop Q - have the part reflection changes been put inside the main release yet, or are we waiting for the OpenGL mac/linux versions before it's merged? As soon as it's out I'll update WindowShine and link the OP to here instead of the old thread :)

I'd like to get back to the old "Install TextureReplacer and then install WindowShine and you're set" as soon as possible :)

I did not received any PR yet for the new reflection, so for now its not used on TRR :)  (edit: just seen the new PR :) )

I dunno about the waiting or not for a full working version. Does it impact a lot of others mods ? I have no idea who else used this and who else need it.

I a general opinion, I would be in favour of using it even if it don't provide a better experience for all user because its better than nothing. But we can't do that if it broke TRR for mac/linux users.

edit: I'll look into it :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

29 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I did not received any PR yet for the new reflection, so for now its not used on TRR :)  (edit: just seen the new PR :) )

I dunno about the waiting or not for a full working version. Does it impact a lot of others mods ? I have no idea who else used this and who else need it.

I a general opinion, I would be in favour of using it even if it don't provide a better experience for all user because its better than nothing. But we can't do that if it broke TRR for mac/linux users.

edit: I'll look into it :)

It will not break anything. Only if windowshine uses the shader in thier config then only the windows users will have the shiny windows, but then with all features.

46 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

It will not break anything. Only if windowshine uses the shader in thier config then only the windows users will have the shiny windows, but then with all features.

oh good to know. So if i understand well in the worst case it does nothing ?

13 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

oh good to know. So if i understand well in the worst case it does nothing ?

In the worst case the shader is not loaded and either the fallback shader ("Diffuse", better would be KSP/Emissive-bumbed-specular (I'll change that) ) would be loaded or nothing happens as the shader is not found and TR skipts the configuration from window-shine.

I think I found a way to create a better shader pack, but this will require some time to do so, (basicly recreating the KSP asset compiler)

Dang you guys have me all excited.  I'm working on updating and overhauling my Suits pack, so it is ready when we have a finalized process for setting up a config.  I figured while I'm at it, I may as well expand it to cover all the classes in the MKS mod by @Roverdude, too.  It is going to take me a while, but should look pretty great when I'm done.

New prerelease !   TextureReplacerReplaced_V0.2

A lot of things here, first there is a first step in adding MM compatibility (Thanks to Sigma88)
You can now replace a texture with a MM cfg as you can see in the sample provided in this release.
(more instructions coming soon)

There is also a new suit state and it should use the right suit automatically depending on the environment
You can activate this new functionality by clicking the button in the TRR gui:
"Kerbals use another EVA suit when on the ground and with no air"
This will give your kerbals a new state for their suits and it goes like this :

• EVA ground with atmosphere, to use on the ground (under suborbital) on places with atmosphere and in the vehicles (this is like the old IVA suit)
  • EVA ground without atmosphere , to use on the ground (under suborbital) but without atmosphere (this is the new state)
  • EVA space (this is the basic state from KSP)

You can also make level textures for the jetpack and the visor and each states can now have their helmet and jetpack. But this work only when the new state is on.

No new reflection yet (hopefully it will come in the next release very soon)

@Cetera : Hey :) I'm happy to see you here.  I'm also working on a suit pack (with an MKS extension and with 4k textures instead of the 1k we have now ) and yours was my inspiration :kiss:

As you are working on your pack there are several things that might interest you (a brand new suit state !) . 

Don't rush to push your updated suit pack on CKAN as all texture packs will have to change a bit because they will go out of the TRR folder to use their own (like the others mods) and I will ask a format to name them so we can find them easily on CKAN. (still in the pipeline of work in progress, so nothing fixed yet).

The new textures for the ground EVA state are to be called :

EVAgroundHelmet  (with numbers at the end for levels like before)

EVAgroundHelmetNRM

EVAgroundJetpack (with numbers at the end for levels like before)

EVAgroundJetpackNRM

EVAgroundTexture (with numbers at the end for levels like before)

EVAgroundTextureNRM

You can also put levels on the old EVAjetpack et on the EVAvisor  

There is only one EVAvisor (well multiple with level but you get the idea) for all the suits (so its the same for the EVA space and the EVA ground). If you want I can also make a special visor for the EVAground.

If you don't use the button "Kerbals use another EVA suit when on the ground and with no air", there will be no changes and it will use the old legacy suit state from TextureReplacer (so no new states and no levels on the jetpack & visor) I've set this up like to keep full compatibility with the old suits packs. If you try to use an old pack with the 3states on , you will have to click one more time on the toggle suit button to switch between the IVA and EVAsuit and so the equivalent of the EVAground suit will be composed of the default suit and the EVAhelmet. So nothing critical but as it can confuse people I made the the button to use it or not.

There is also the MM compatibility provided by @Sigma88. I included his sample so you can see how it works. Expect things to changes a bit here because it seems to conflict with the new reflections from@Ger_space  (we are working on this)

I'll make proper patch log,instructions and thanks/credits when all of this is stabilised :)

Also, I'm looking to find a way to hide the "helmet collar" by using the same trick as we use for the helmet and the jetpack but it seems I won't succeed this way. Is there someone that has an idea on this subject? This collar seems to be attached to a bone on the neck but I can't find a way to "detach it" from the main model as I don't find where the hell he is called :) We could make proper EVA on atmosphere suits like bikinis or civilian clothes without this ugly collar

Edited by HaArLiNsH

33 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Also, I'm looking to find a way to hide the "helmet collar" by using the same trick as we use for the helmet and the jetpack but it seems I won't succeed this way. Is there someone that has an idea on this subject? This collar seems to be attached to a bone on the neck but I can't find a way to "detach it" from the main model as I don't find where the hell he is called :) We could make proper EVA on atmosphere suits like bikinis or civilian clothes without this ugly collar

So many people have asked for this over the years that TR has existed and allowed for helmet removal.  I believe the issue has been that it is part of the kerbal model itself.  

If you can work it out you'll no doubt be classed as a genius.  Or a genie.

Great work! Thanks and Peace.  

12 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

So many people have asked for this over the years that TR has existed and allowed for helmet removal.  I believe the issue has been that it is part of the kerbal model itself.  

If you can work it out you'll no doubt be classed as a genius.  Or a genie.

Great work! Thanks and Peace.  

Yeah it seems to be in the kerbal model when the jetpack & helmet use a different texture, but as we can see it animated independently of the chest and move with the head/neck I'm hoping to find a way one day.

I tried with a texture with transparency instead of texture where the collar is but when I do that, the game put a blanc color on it :mad:

Could there be a way to replace the kerbal model or see witch subcomponent of the model is animated/showed ? I saw this mod where we can attach thing on the different bones and I tough this could be a way to to it but no success yet.

I think this could be the next big thing in KSP, the ability to use other models than the basic Kerbals. But for now I've absolutely no idea how to do this :)

And there are kerbal models without this collar somewhere as we can see pictures made by Squad ingame with kerbals with civilian clothe and no collar.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

50 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Yeah it seems to be in the kerbal model when the jetpack & helmet use a different texture, but as we can see it animated independently of the chest and move with the head/neck I'm hoping to find a way one day.

I tried with a texture with transparency instead of texture where the collar is but when I do that, the game put a blanc color on it :mad:

Could there be a way to replace the kerbal model or see witch subcomponent of the model is animated/showed ? I saw this mod where we can attach thing on the different bones and I tough this could be a way to to it but no success yet.

I think this could be the next big thing in KSP, the ability to use other models than the basic Kerbals. But for now I've absolutely no idea how to do this :)

And there are kerbal models without this collar somewhere as we can see pictures made by Squad ingame with kerbals with civilian clothe and no collar.

I think there are two ways to solve your problem: 

1. use a transparent texture and change the shader to one with alpha support  for that part ("KSP/Alpha/Translucent")

Something like that:

collarObject.GetComponent<MeshRenderer>().material.shader = Shader.Find("KSP/Alpha/Translucent");

2. set the gameobject to inactive 

collarObject.SetActive(false); to make is dissapiar and collarObject.SetActive(true); to make it visible.

I have not tried this, but either one should work. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.