[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

17 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Thx for the report, I saw this yesterday too and I didn't knew if it was me or something else. Can you confirm if this is a 1.3.1 or a TRR issue ?

I've heard of this bug before I think with the original TextureReplacer, but I can't remember for sure. I mean, I def remember the bug but not for sure what it was associated with. Hopefully another old-timer forum user has a better memory than me

Hmm ok but this is not the same as the KSP.log we have on windows. I don't see any TRR logs in that.
I don't have Linux, so I can't guarantee the result on it, the reflections are tricky.

But this magenta problem seems more a texture problem for me (but it could be a problem with the shader too).

Can another Linux user confirm this ?

I can confirm it does this on my system. (Linux mint 18 KDE ) I was not going to post because I thought this was a problem with my system. The release of this has been out for awhile and I had not seen any other post's. I installed a clean version of KSP on my work laptop to confirm. Dual boot Linux and windows 10. Works fine under windows and has pink visor under Linux. Same machine same clean install. I believe it's the  shader ?  Suit and helmet texture’s look fine just the visor and only when you turn on reflections. I installed window shine to confirm and it works prefect under Win 10. But the reflections are broken under Linux.

Edited by Delbrutis
punctuation

Damned, it must be the shader indeed, it is loaded but it seems it don't work in Linux...

[LOG 18:48:53.191] [TRR.TextureReplacerReplaced] Loaded shader: ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

If you deactivate the reflections, does the rest works has intended ?

Thank you for the report guys.

55 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Damned, it must be the shader indeed, it is loaded but it seems it don't work in Linux...

[LOG 18:48:53.191] [TRR.TextureReplacerReplaced] Loaded shader: ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

Thank you for the report guys.

This is usually due to missing the OpenGL part of the shader (linux and mac os only use OpenGL), maybe you only exported DirectX, you should be able to get the same effect by putting -force-opengl in your shortcut or steam launch options, thats what blackrack used to do, you should also note that in Linux and MacOS file names are case sensitive. So keep your naming conventions tight. :kiss:

Edited by selfish_meme

15 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

This is usually due to missing the OpenGL shader (linux and mac os only use OpenGL), you should be able to get the same effect by putting -force-opengl in your shortcut or steam launch options, thats what blackrack used to do, you should also note that in Linux and MacOS file names are case sensitive. So keep your naming conventions tight. :kiss:

I see, thx for the information, the joy of multiplatform :)

I tried to keep the naming convention the most old school I could , with _ and no space for example.

Well  @Strake , @Delbrutis : could you try launching the game as he describe with -force-opengl in the launch option?  If it work I'll put that in the OP.

edit: don't listen to my stupidity :P

Edited by HaArLiNsH

6 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I see, thx for the information, the joy of multiplatform :)

I tried to keep the naming convention the most old school I could , with _ and no space for example.

Well  @Strake , @Delbrutis : could you try launching the game as he describe with -force-opengl in the launch option?  If it work I'll put that in the OP.

I meant for you to launch it with -force-opengl so you can replicate their issue :P they already use opengl

Edited by selfish_meme

It seems I can't test the -force-opengl. I tried several ways and I always have a error that prevent me to launch it :

Could switch to requested monitor resolution

Detail:

Switching to resolution 1920x1080 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (1920x1080 fs=0 hz=0)

It used to work before on a older computer (I remember using this long time ago).

Maybe I need to put more parameters?  the "hz=0" seems weird to me :)

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

Yeah I know this one (I use usually -popupwindow )

The dx9/11 works but not the openGL .. maybe its a Win10 problem?

2 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

:cool:

Apparently in Unity when you export a shader, you need to tick OpenGL this should make the shaders massive I have heard. I have not done it myself, tried but gave up.

Never tried, someone else did it.

Alright, summoning time,

Oh great @Ger_space , please come into these mortal lands, we need your lights.  Could you help us please ? :)

I tried the -force-opengl command on my windows box and it did not work. Must be a windows 10 thing? I remember back in the day when Linux ruled 64 bit KSP. People used to use this command all the time to get better frame rates or get certain mods running on windows installs. I would just play under windows and call it good but for some reason the textures look really washed out and dull compared to Linux? Any one else have this problem?  I haven’t played In awhile And I want to get my mods all organized so I can start putting some time back into the game .I will probably just play with reflections off until all this gets sorted out. I was going to try playing this under windows. But the weird washed out textures bug me more than I miss the reflections. Don't stress over this to much. People probably don't tell you this enough but I really appreciate all the work you put into these Mods. It's what makes KSP worth coming back to. So thanks!  

-force-d3d12 also works, but both dx11 and dx12 have an issue with Kopernicus replacing terrain textures on Kerbin. I think it might have to do with LODs.

Also, for your sanity's sake, I highly suggest changing reflectionInterval = 2. If you're running 60fps, then your game is having to refresh the reflection texture 30 times per second: which is rather silly and the process blocks the physics tick. I run mine at 300 usually.

Edited by Electrocutor

Question for you, @HaArLiNsH, regarding naming conventions and such:

1. In the TRR_Guide file, I don't see anything breaking suits down by class.  I'm presuming I still need a separate folder for that, correct?  Each class gets a subfolder under the "Suits" folder, named whatever I want?
  2. Each class subfolder then needs, at a minimum, Helmet_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, Helmet_Iva_Standard_Male0, Jetpack_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, and Suit_Iva_Standard_Male0 textures, correct?
  3. If there is no specified female texture, will female kerbals wear male suits for their proper level and situation?

Also, are multiple suit packs compatible? 

1. If I make a config file listing my mod suit and default folders, and someone else has a suit pack doing the same thing, those are going to conflict, correct?
  2. If I include normal maps for each texture type in each class subfolder as per the above section of questions, then I don't need to worry about the defaults, correct?
  3. If I'm not using the default folder, do I need a normal map file for each level of texture?  So if I have 5 Helmet_EvaSpace textures for a class, do I need 5 normal maps for it if they are all the same, or will it pull the 0 level normal map for each level of texture?

If you want to have more than one cfg file play nice with each other, you'll need to utilize the more advanced syntax of ModManager (https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Syntax)

Example cfg utilizing classes:

Spoiler

ClassSuits
	{
		Pilot         = Scart91PilLvl
		Engineer      = Scart91EngLvl
		Scientist     = Scart91SciLvl
		Tourist       = Scart91Tst
		Mechanic      = Scart91EngUsed
		Miner         = Scart91EngOld
		Technician    = Scart91EngUsed
		Geologist     = Scart91GenOld
		Biologist     = Scart91SciOld
		Farmer        = Scart91GenOld
		Medic         = Scart91SciUsed
		Quartermaster = Scart91GenUsed
		Scout         = Scart91GenOld
	}

tWE3Oel.jpg

Example Directory:

Spoiler

UjWop8h.jpg

I realized after posting that the conventions have completely changed between TR and TRR, which basically invalidate this post; sorry.

Edited by Electrocutor

I'd like to make an enhancement request for the customized Kerbals.

Allow the ability to define which textures to use within the cfg file instead of by filename, this will save a dramatic amount of storage space and vram when creating many different suit variations using the same textures (instead of having to copy/paste and change the filename of hundreds of identical textures). Also, allow a randomized selection of suit configurations.

Possible Example:

Spoiler

SuitDefinitions
{
    <name>
    {
        // Leave the dds path blank for Helmet, Visor, and JetPack to be none
        Suit = <relative path to .dds with base directory at \suits\>
        Helmet = 
        Visor = 
        JetPack = 
    }
}

SuitConfigurations
{
    <name>
    {
        isCommon = true
        IVA_Safe = <SuitDefinitionName>, <SuitDefinitionName>
        IVA_Unsafe = 
        EVA_Ground_Atmo =
        EVA_Ground_NoAtmo = 
        EVA_NoGround_Atmo = 
        EVA_NoGround_NoAtmo = 
        Visor_Tint_IVA = 255,255,255,255
        Visor_Tint_EVA_Ground = 
        Visor_Tint_EVA_NoGround =
        Visor_ReflectTint_IVA = 
        Visor_ReflectTint_EVA_Ground = 
        Visor_ReflectTint_EVA_NoGround = 
    }
}

ClassSuits
{
    Pilot_0 = <SuitConfiguration Name>, <SuitConfiguration Name>, <SuitConfiguration Name>
}

19 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Yes, the actual texture replacement feature works.

I am downloading Unity and will try rebuilding the shader.

8 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

-force-d3d12 also works, but both dx11 and dx12 have an issue with Kopernicus replacing terrain textures on Kerbin. I think it might have to do with LODs.

Also, for your sanity's sake, I highly suggest changing reflectionInterval = 2. If you're running 60fps, then your game is having to refresh the reflection texture 30 times per second: which is rather silly and the process blocks the physics tick. I run mine at 300 usually.

Maybe I should rise this reflectionInterval. I never saw a problem with the physics tick , but I did not tested yet with a lot of things like a Mun base or a big space station. :) 

8 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Try using "-force-glcore" instead of "-force-opengl".  The first one uses Unity's modern OpenGL backend; the second one uses Unity's legacy backend, which uses an older version of OpenGL.

Tried, same result :(

5 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

I'd like to make an enhancement request for the customized Kerbals.

Allow the ability to define which textures to use within the cfg file instead of by filename, this will save a dramatic amount of storage space and vram when creating many different suit variations using the same textures (instead of having to copy/paste and change the filename of hundreds of identical textures). Also, allow a randomized selection of suit configurations.

Possible Example:

Reveal hidden contents

SuitDefinitions
{
    <name>
    {
        // Leave the dds path blank for Helmet, Visor, and JetPack to be none
        Suit = <relative path to .dds with base directory at \suits\>
        Helmet = 
        Visor = 
        JetPack = 
    }
}

SuitConfigurations
{
    <name>
    {
        isCommon = true
        IVA_Safe = <SuitDefinitionName>, <SuitDefinitionName>
        IVA_Unsafe = 
        EVA_Ground_Atmo =
        EVA_Ground_NoAtmo = 
        EVA_NoGround_Atmo = 
        EVA_NoGround_NoAtmo = 
        Visor_Tint_IVA = 255,255,255,255
        Visor_Tint_EVA_Ground = 
        Visor_Tint_EVA_NoGround =
        Visor_ReflectTint_IVA = 
        Visor_ReflectTint_EVA_Ground = 
        Visor_ReflectTint_EVA_NoGround = 
    }
}

ClassSuits
{
    Pilot_0 = <SuitConfiguration Name>, <SuitConfiguration Name>, <SuitConfiguration Name>
}

This can't happen sorry, choice had to be made. The new suit system is too complex on the combinations possible to do this kind of things.I thought about this (with Sigma88) but it was this possibility or the new suit system. Indeed now we can "loose" some storage place, but this is less a problem than it was some years ago and as the computer continue to evolve, this will become even less a problem.

In reality, except maybe for the level 0,  you don't use the same textures for multiple suits when you have levelled and class coloured suit set (well maybe the visor, that's why I provided 3 basic visors that you can colourise now). What you CAN do to save space, is to use the same element on multiple suits for your suit suit set.. I mean each suit set is composed of 3 suit (IVA,Eva ground, eva Space), You can now configure your suit set to use exclusively, for example, the IVA helmet for the 3 suits  (or the jetpack or the visor). And I don't think you will ever make a "random suit" that use the green helmet of one, the red suit of another and the yellow jetpack of another :)  

7 hours ago, Cetera said:

Question for you, @HaArLiNsH, regarding naming conventions and such:

1. In the TRR_Guide file, I don't see anything breaking suits down by class.  I'm presuming I still need a separate folder for that, correct?  Each class gets a subfolder under the "Suits" folder, named whatever I want?
  2. Each class subfolder then needs, at a minimum, Helmet_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, Helmet_Iva_Standard_Male0, Jetpack_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0, and Suit_Iva_Standard_Male0 textures, correct?
  3. If there is no specified female texture, will female kerbals wear male suits for their proper level and situation?

Also, are multiple suit packs compatible? 

1. If I make a config file listing my mod suit and default folders, and someone else has a suit pack doing the same thing, those are going to conflict, correct?
  2. If I include normal maps for each texture type in each class subfolder as per the above section of questions, then I don't need to worry about the defaults, correct?
  3. If I'm not using the default folder, do I need a normal map file for each level of texture?  So if I have 5 Helmet_EvaSpace textures for a class, do I need 5 normal maps for it if they are all the same, or will it pull the 0 level normal map for each level of texture?

1 : The class system is the same as it was with TR, so you have to make a suit set per class. Basically, this is the folder that you put in Suits/; and you need one per class to do things right.

2 : correct BUT you need also their NRM. In the TRR_Guide, you can find this minimal suit set , its called :  "TRR_Guide_MINIMUM" (Well , you don't NEED the NRM, but if you don't use them , it will use the one from default that should be different than the one you need )

3: You can see the order of the "replacement when missing texture" in the Suit Menu (I made it mostly to help texture maker). So, for example if you have female veteran badass that need his texture, it tries in this order until it found a texture:

Female veteran badass -> female veteran -> female badass -> female standard -> male veteran badass -> male veteran -> male badass -> male standard.

If your kerbal is a male veteran for example, it will goes like this :

Male veteran -> male standard

You can see this in action with the new default suit, there are no badass or veteran badass texture and if you look in the Suit menu, you will see witch texture is used.

You should be able to use multiple pack yes BUT they need to have different name. I mean you can have multiple default/ folders or Suit/  BUT you can only have one suit set called "MyPilotSuitSet".

1: Its going to conflict if you have more than one of the same Suit set (the same goes for the head), also it will conflict if you have more than one TRR config. I don't talk about the Folders{} settings (because its mandatory to make your custom folder) but the HeadSettings{} , the SuitSettings{} and the ClassSuits{} can't have the same entry multiple time. You can have multiple SuitSettings if the suit sets inside have different names (like you installed 2 textures pack made by 2 different maker and one call his pilot suitset  "MyPilotSuitset" and the other "SuitSetPilot")

You can't have multiple entries in the Class{} setting. I don't recommend texture maker to configure this. Either the user will make it by hand before launching the game or it will be made automatically when you configure your class ingame and you save it)

2: correct. And despite I provided default textures, you can still make your own that you put in your Default/ like before. If you don't provide custom default textures, the kerbals floating in the menu will use the squad's default, if you provide custom default texture, they will use it (so you can see in the menu if your texture works) Again , see the TRR_guide, you can't miss when the texture are used :)

3: As it was in TR, you only need to provide a texture (or a NRM) for the level you want. So if you provide only the level 0 NRM, it will be used from level 0 to level 5. If you provide a level 3 NRM , it will be used from level 3 to level 5. You can provide a NRM for each level of each element, but you don't need to (that's why I said before that nobody will ever make a full suit set with all the 1024 textures possible). If you are smart in the element you use to differentiate the level or class, you only need the level 0 NRM but you could want to make another one for the level 5 if your texture change (like a new logo for the max level). The possibility is here but you are not obliged to use a texture (or NRM) for each level of each element.

Also, don't forget that you can also use the same element on multiple suit in the same suit set. So if you want the same helmet for the IVA, EVA ground and Eva space, you can configure it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.