[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

Hope someone can help. I am trying to use the old Star Trek TOS suit pack with TRR. I put suits in MyTextureMod/suits folder under Game Data.  Each suit is in its own folder. Using gold suit as example, I assign it to Jeb. He shows up in the gold helmeted suit in the icon on lower right of screen. Upon EVA on Kerbin he is wearing the gold tunic and no helmet. Correct so far. On EVA on Mun Jeb shows up in an orange suit. While the suit is cool, it is supposed to be white with gold on helmet and straps on suit. Where am I messing up? 

So this def isn't as easy as the old Texture Replacer, but obviously better. My heads show up in game, but it doesn't load the textures (Has the names, shows the boxes in the interface) and if they are applied, it is just the default head on the Kerbal. What the hell am I doing wrong (which is probably a lot)?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

So this def isn't as easy as the old Texture Replacer, but obviously better. My heads show up in game, but it doesn't load the textures (Has the names, shows the boxes in the interface) and if they are applied, it is just the default head on the Kerbal. What the hell am I doing wrong (which is probably a lot)?

Thanks

You need to make sure the folder names and texture names are correct. Take a look at Diverse Kerbal Heads for an example pack.

19 hours ago, fourfa said:

Hey y'all.  I have some sideways newby questions not exactly about TRR, but maybe someone would be kind enough to point me the right way.  I want to make a new mod making pressure suits as part of a tech progression with a very early flight emphasis.  So for instance, in early career kerbals will spawn in IVA suits and command chairs.  Prior to researching pressure suits, they will pass out if exceeding a certain altitude (for instance where TRR automatically switches from IVA to EVA suits), and lose control until descending and waking up.  Once researched, essentially it will behave like with TRR installed as-is.

I see isAtmSuitEnabled defined here, what I'm looking for is a way to more permanently change into IVA suit on spawn, with no GUI option.  The passing out will be a separate concurrent module.

Thanks for any pointers!

PS - while I'm at it, if anyone has come across any WW1-inspired, bomber jacket silk scarf and goggles IVA suit textures, please let me know

This wont be so simple :)

The isAtmSuitEnabled  is internal to TRR (and not used anymore), the new suit system replaced this and I still need to clean it.

I think you should separate the "visual" from the "technical" here. I don't think you need to change the behavior of TRR in this case.

The technical side of you idea is great, you should first do that. My guess is that you should make a module for the suits/kerbal that you need to research in the research center (like for the others rockets parts)

13 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

Hope someone can help. I am trying to use the old Star Trek TOS suit pack with TRR. I put suits in MyTextureMod/suits folder under Game Data.  Each suit is in its own folder. Using gold suit as example, I assign it to Jeb. He shows up in the gold helmeted suit in the icon on lower right of screen. Upon EVA on Kerbin he is wearing the gold tunic and no helmet. Correct so far. On EVA on Mun Jeb shows up in an orange suit. While the suit is cool, it is supposed to be white with gold on helmet and straps on suit. Where am I messing up? 

I looked at the pack and as I see this is a "basic" one (no level and basic veteran)

You have 2 solutions for this :

- You can erase the veteran suits of TRR if you don't like them or if they cause you trouble : (you can find them in the default folder of TRR)

Suit_Iva_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the IVA suit

Suit_EvaSpace_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAground suit

Suit_EvaGround_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAspace suit

Don't remove the others textures in this folder !

You will also have to configure the suit set so it use the EVA space suit instead of the EVA ground when you are on the ground without atmosphere. you can do this in the ingame menu

- You can also duplicate the texture you can find in the "Orange_Suit_Veteran" and give these texture the proper name so it will use these instead of the default from TRR.

But as I see this texture pack, you will have more work if you take this this way :)

52 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

You have 2 solutions for this :

Thank you. I'll give the first a try. If nothing else I found I can right click on the suit and change from orange to the appropriate one. A little momentary scene breaking but it works. 

2 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

The technical side of you idea is great, you should first do that. My guess is that you should make a module for the suits/kerbal that you need to research in the research center (like for the others rockets parts)

Thanks, I am starting to learn coding modules for KSP but I'm starting from zero.  What's the new system that replaces isAtmSuitEnabled?

1 hour ago, Red Shirt said:

Thank you. I'll give the first a try. If nothing else I found I can right click on the suit and change from orange to the appropriate one. A little momentary scene breaking but it works. 

The delete is the easiest, I made TRR this way, the only down side is that you will have to do it at each update of TRR.

6 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Thanks, I am starting to learn coding modules for KSP but I'm starting from zero.  What's the new system that replaces isAtmSuitEnabled?

Heu, well, its now a "complicated" system with lot of conditionals to get the proper suit for the proper situation.

This is the place where a big portion of the magic is happening.

For your module, game play part,  I think you could go the same way, at the Update(), you look for the situation of your kerbal (flying, landed, Gforce...) and then you do whatever you want.

For the graphic side, I don't know if you can override TRR's functions/methods with another mod/dll. If you can, you could change the logic of the suits and add the conditionals you want. But again, I'm not sure you need that.

Maybe, you could simply change the suits settings that you can , initially, find/make in the .cfg of your custom folder and in the TRR_Default.cfg to use this element or this one (like using the IVA suit with no helmet even in space) and TRR's system should do the rest of the job accordingly. I'm not sure about the fact that TRR will reload the new settings without having to reload the scene. I think this could work if you change these settings saved in the persistent.sfs file at the space center scene and they will be loaded/used at the next loading scene , so if you go in flight scene the new settings will be effective.

If you get this solved, can you post the files someplace?  This was one of my favorite mod from back in the day

On 12/22/2017 at 2:12 PM, Red Shirt said:

28 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

If you get this solved, can you post the files someplace?  This was one of my favorite mod from back in the day

My work around:

6 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

I found I can right click on the suit and change from orange to the appropriate one. A little momentary scene breaking but it works. 

The hope of a better solution:

20 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I think I will convert the old packs if nobody does it.

Yes Please!

Does anyone know how to get this to work with FASA to restore the reflections on some parts? I tried changing the FASA configs by replacing references to [TextureReplacer] with [TextureReplacerReplaced] - but that didn't work. :(

4 minutes ago, ATG said:

Does anyone know how to get this to work with FASA to restore the reflections on some parts? I tried changing the FASA configs by replacing references to [TextureReplacer] with [TextureReplacerReplaced] - but that didn't work. :(

Give me a couple of minutes

@Mecripp - can confirm reflections are restored. Thanks again for your help! :D

Some feedback regarding reflections:

Getting lots of flickering and visual anomalies. At certain viewing angles the effect doesn't seem to be working right - Its hard to describe, I'll see if I can post a pic of it. Also, some parts are semi-transparent such as the apollo service module.

On 27/12/2017 at 8:17 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm, do any of you have any skill with editing kerbal head textures, and would by chance be up to making a bandana bandit kerbal for a rather prestigious video?

I had in mind doing some Kerbal heads with level and fun stuff like pirate eye cache and others. I have this among others stuff listed as "to do " :)

I can try to make you a head, what kind of bandana bandit do you want ? like motorbike bandit or pirate with only one eye ?

When do you need it ?  It will take some times because I still need to make all the layers for the heads so I have like a framework to make several of them.

On 25/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, Mecripp said:

Wow nice ! Thank you :)

On 25/12/2017 at 11:11 PM, ATG said:

Also, some parts are semi-transparent such as the apollo service module.

I think the new reflection shader are responsible of this, because they are made for the visor with is transparent and it seems that they kind of render the entire part with that and not only the reflective parts like the windows.

Hi guys ! 

I'm currently using texture replacer in order to use AVP and I ran into a very annoying bug while in IVA : 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOKePxjTh0Chwo1EL05Q_tdwjiZAydFN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hd-Fr3jAiVjQvOK1aAZLePb-wekQkawf/view?usp=sharing

I'm sure it's TRR causing this (tried with and without it). It's not that big but it kills the immersion for me 

Any fix ?

8 hours ago, balafré said:

Hi guys ! 

I'm currently using texture replacer in order to use AVP and I ran into a very annoying bug while in IVA : 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOKePxjTh0Chwo1EL05Q_tdwjiZAydFN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hd-Fr3jAiVjQvOK1aAZLePb-wekQkawf/view?usp=sharing

I'm sure it's TRR causing this (tried with and without it). It's not that big but it kills the immersion for me 

Any fix ?

Heu.. what's the problem ? It's either too early for me or very subtle :)

ps : You should host your pic on Imgur, its way better than google drive.

Hi, I'm having trouble with installing a new skybox, called Raredens 4K skybox. In the installation instruction, it says to put the files (There are 6 - XYZ Negative and Positive) in the default folder, and that's it. However, it gives no effect. I have tried with the TRR my mod too, to no avail. Is there an instruction set anywhere, or am I doing this wrong?

On 31/12/2017 at 11:48 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Heu.. what's the problem ? It's either too early for me or very subtle :)

ps : You should host your pic on Imgur, its way better than google drive.

I will upload them on imgur next time :wink:

The thing is I can see my Kerbal's eyes and jaw when I'm in first person iva

Edited by balafré

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.