[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

On 1/2/2018 at 12:34 PM, Sorabh said:

Hello.

I use Gameslinx's planet pack. Whenever I try to take off the helmet in Gaia's atmosphere, it says it can't because there's no oxygen present

How do I fix this?

@Sorabh I believe if you go into the 000_TRR_Config folder within your GameData folder and open up the config file and go down to where it states:

atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum Laythe

Which is line 138 on mine, you can add/remove planets that you want to be able to wear the IVA suit with no helmet.

11 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

nice ! :)

You can add a link to the OP of this thread if you like. Also, if you have any idea about the one little bug, the missing texture names for gene, gus and some of the aircrew in VAB/SPH I would love to get that fixed too. 

8 hours ago, Errol said:

You can add a link to the OP of this thread if you like. Also, if you have any idea about the one little bug, the missing texture names for gene, gus and some of the aircrew in VAB/SPH I would love to get that fixed too. 

I will :)
I've noticed the "civilian" texture bug, I'm trying to fix and moreover use it t allow us to use the meshes from these civilian kerbals, stay tuned for this but I can't promise it will work.

On 31/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, eberkain said:

Is it normal for visors on the main menu to be white?  Or did I manage to bork the install?

Sry for the late response, just to be sure, didd you update with CKAN or did you downloaded it from the OP ?

Do you have the second folder called 000_TRR_Config ?

Windows, Linux or OSX ? 

My guess, uninstall and reinstall  :)  

On 01/01/2018 at 5:56 PM, Errol said:

I have noticed that head textures seem to only apply in the flight scene, and no-where else like they used to in the old texture replacer. Is this a known bug?

where else should they apply ? you mean the civilians running in the hangars or somewhere else ?

2 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

where else should they apply ? you mean the civilians running in the hangars or somewhere else ?

Gene Kerman can be found in the Mission control building, and Gus Kerman is in the Admin building. They both render solid white.

Just now, Errol said:

Gene Kerman can be found in the Mission control building, and Gus Kerman is in the Admin building. They both render solid white.

Yeah we are talking about the same kerbals. I'm looking at this as I'm typing and yeah some others have their texture replaced when you create a "kerbalHead" texture that you put in default and some are blanc (base mesh color when texture aren't found). 

I think I'll be able to fix these texture replacement problem, I'll need to specify others kerbals than these that seems to applies now to have their texture replaced.

But actually, as I see the TRR's log where I list all the materials and their texture (with "logTextures = true" in the TRR_Default.cfg) , I also see the bodies (and meshes if I understand well) of these civilian kerbals ! I'm trying to access to them and save them so we could maybe use them a meshes for our kerbals. I'm dreaming of a "suit state" in civil without the collar and with the hands since a long time

@Errol: I found the name of the texture for the special kerbals, it don't fix the blanc ones but you can already replace some head texture if you put them in your default folder like you did for the "kerbalHead" (and you can eother call it .png or .dds as usual )

here is the list so far :

Administration building: 

Mortimer Kerman = kerbal_old
Walt Kerman = kerbalHeadBeard
Gus Kerman = stubble
Linus Kerman = kerbalHead (default head texture)

------------------------------------
Mission control :

Gene Kerman =  kerbalHead  !!! blanc

VAB/SPH:

Mechanic = kerbalHead
scientist = kerbalHead  !!! blanc  (should be wernerVonKerman_head ?) 
flight control = kerbalHead  !!! blanc

Tracking station:

gene Kerman (starting pop up) = kbGeneKerman_head

There is also a " wernerVonKerman_head " texture but I still haven't found him ingame

I think werner only shows up the first time you open the VAB/SPH. I'll check when I have a chance to apply these. I'm just bug testing another mod right now. This is next on my list, thank you!

EDIT: OK, now that I've had a chance to look at this I can see you are mostly just confirming which textures are blanc. I did test out stubble.png for gus kerman, and can confirm that works, so that is a step in the right direction....perhaps we will cure kerbal-albinism yet!

Edited by Errol

7 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Sry for the late response, just to be sure, didd you update with CKAN or did you downloaded it from the OP ?

Do you have the second folder called 000_TRR_Config ?

Windows, Linux or OSX ? 

Installed manually from OP, Windows, and yes I have that config folder.   So, Its not supposed to do that I take it?

This is what my main menu looks like.  1UbKiNs.pngAnd this is in flight.  So it seems to be working fine.

3oQouJi.png 

Edited by eberkain

35 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Installed manually from OP, Windows, and yes I have that config folder.   So, Its not supposed to do that I take it?

This is what my main menu looks like.  1UbKiNs.pngAnd this is in flight.  So it seems to be working fine.

3oQouJi.png 

That's normal, eberkain.  The visor defaults in TRR replace all visors in the game, including in the main menu, but the main menu doesn't have TRR recoloring the visor.  So you're getting the mostly opaque white/gray default visor I use in my suit pack for space EVA showing on the kerbals in the main menu.  

At this point, there isn't any work around for it.  I'm not really sure if it is even fixable, but since it only affects the menu screen of the game, I would guess it is extremely low priority to correct if it is even possible.  I'm not sure if TRR will fully work in the main menu.  Those are all good questions for @HaArLiNsH.

6 minutes ago, Cetera said:

That's normal, eberkain.  The visor defaults in TRR replace all visors in the game, including in the main menu, but the main menu doesn't have TRR recoloring the visor.  So you're getting the mostly opaque white/gray default visor I use in my suit pack for space EVA showing on the kerbals in the main menu.  

At this point, there isn't any work around for it.  I'm not really sure if it is even fixable, but since it only affects the menu screen of the game, I would guess it is extremely low priority to correct if it is even possible.  I'm not sure if TRR will fully work in the main menu.  Those are all good questions for @HaArLiNsH.

@eberkain : Yeah this is "normal". For now, this is a sacrifice you have to make so you can use several Texture pack at the same time and the ability to color the visors. It should only happen in the Main menu. :)

Hi there! I am using TextureReplacer or TextureReplacerReplaced since I am playing KSP. Since some time I have following issue:

If I set the spacesuits according to the profession ( Pilot, Engineer, Scientist or Tourist ) allmost no Kerbal is wearing the suit I have chosen. The Tourist do NEVER wear another suit exept from the vanilla one. Do I have to delete or add something, that they will wear the proper ones?

Plz help

Edited by Tranquil

1 minute ago, Tranquil said:

Hi there! I am using TextureReplacer or TextureReplacerReplaced since I am playing KSP. Since some time I have following issue:

If I set the spacesuits according to the profession ( Pilot, Engineer, Scientist or Tourist ) allmost no Kerbal is wearing the suit I have chosen. The Tourist do NEVER wear another suit exept from the vanilla one. Do I have to delete or add something, that they will wear the proper ones?

Just to be sure , uninstall what you have and install the last version of TRR  .

22 minutes ago, Tranquil said:

Plz help

Can you post your config file for TRR here too?

On 5.1.2018 at 11:16 PM, Cetera said:

Can you post your config file for TRR here too?

On 5.1.2018 at 10:56 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

Just to be sure , uninstall what you have and install the last version of TRR  .

Thx for the answers, downloaded the last version & will give it a try. Where do I find the config file, is it the default TRR or somewhere else?

Just gave it a try. The problem occurs in the same manner as before. For example "Natawise Kerman", a pilot has allmost ever the Tourist-Suit equipped, till I chose another esp for her or simply click on CLASS. This might work with the crew, but Tourists doesn't emerge in the TRR control panel, or do they?

Edited by Tranquil

13 hours ago, Tranquil said:

Thx for the answers, downloaded the last version & will give it a try. Where do I find the config file, is it the default TRR or somewhere else?

Just gave it a try. The problem occurs in the same manner as before. For example "Natawise Kerman", a pilot has allmost ever the Tourist-Suit equipped, till I chose another esp for her or simply click on CLASS. This might work with the crew, but Tourists doesn't emerge in the TRR control panel, or do they?

OK , when you have installed you new version of TRR, launch the game and in the space center scene, use all the "reset" you can find in TRR's menu  (in the main menu, and the 2 in suit menu ) then save (go in flight or exit to menu)

Then go in the menu again and setup the suit you want for each class (the tourist clas should be there normally) , then you can configure each of your kerbal in this menu and then SAVE  (again going back to the main menu or go in or out of flight scene) 

Hello, I don't know whether this is the correct place to ask (I tried making a thread before but that didn't really help).

I simply wanna replace the default skybox with a custom one, but I don't seem able to do so, and I'm sure it's very easy. I have the TRR_Guide folder in my gamedata and below it the TRR_MyTextureMod folder, with the custom skybox .dds files in the TRR_MyTextureMod/default folder. What else am I supposed to do in order to change the skybox?

How can I disable toolbar icon?

I've found this in config folder and changed to false:

// Enable toolbar icon that activates GUI for customising Kerbals.
    isGUIEnabled = false

But it's still there =\

1 minute ago, Mystique said:

How can I disable toolbar icon?

I've found this in config folder and changed to false:

// Enable toolbar icon that activates GUI for customising Kerbals.
    isGUIEnabled = false

But it's still there =\

Hmm I think you can't for now :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the one in flight mode or in the space center ? 

Is is a game breaker for you ?

53 minutes ago, ViralCatPictures said:

Hello, I don't know whether this is the correct place to ask (I tried making a thread before but that didn't really help).

I simply wanna replace the default skybox with a custom one, but I don't seem able to do so, and I'm sure it's very easy. I have the TRR_Guide folder in my gamedata and below it the TRR_MyTextureMod folder, with the custom skybox .dds files in the TRR_MyTextureMod/default folder. What else am I supposed to do in order to change the skybox?

You can't use 2 skyboxes at the same time.

So first, get rid of the "GalaxyTex_..." files in the "Default" folder and the files in the "EnvMap" folder of the TRR_guide.

Then put your skybox files in your custom "TRR_MyTextureMod"  "Default" folder  with the right names

GalaxyTex_NegativeX

GalaxyTex_NegativeY

GalaxyTex_NegativeZ

GalaxyTex_PositiveX

GalaxyTex_PositiveY

GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

Or you can even try to replace the files in the TRR_guide one by one and you should see each face of the skybox in the com station

46 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Hmm I think you can't for now :rolleyes:

Are you talking about the one in flight mode or in the space center ? 

Is is a game breaker for you ?

Yep, the one for kerbals customization. Not a game breaker, just wanted to clean up overcrowded toolbar a bit, taking into account I never use it :)

Edited by Mystique

4 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

OK , when you have installed you new version of TRR, launch the game and in the space center scene, use all the "reset" you can find in TRR's menu  (in the main menu, and the 2 in suit menu ) then save (go in flight or exit to menu)

Then go in the menu again and setup the suit you want for each class (the tourist clas should be there normally) , then you can configure each of your kerbal in this menu and then SAVE  (again going back to the main menu or go in or out of flight scene) 

Sorry, still don't work. If I set the suit for every Crewmember, it works till I end the game and start it new. For the Tourists / VIPs it never works. :-(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.