[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

7 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Hey guys.
Im looking for some things like military camo, flight suits, civilian attire, and a womans dress for a female kerbal. 
can anyone help me out?

I have these on a "to-do" list :) 

But for now I don't have time to make textures, I'm trying to get the bodies from the scientist and the mechanics :

I get the body but it seems I still have big problems with the bones : 

f5nzUPw.png

WuxvDaI.png

On 02/12/2017 at 4:01 AM, Cetera said:

@HaArLiNsH Can you confirm the naming convention for the IVA normal map in the default folder?  Mine is named "kerbalMainGreyNRM.dds", but it is not being applied properly.  Instead, a normal map with "KSP" lettering occurs on the shoulder where my class logo is, and a KSP mission patch on the chest randomly, with some hose attachment fittings that aren't on the suit.

h05ddPj.png

a7HcuRK.png

Which suit and head pack are these?

19 hours ago, Cetera said:

The head, I'm not sure.  It is a hodge-podge of stuff I've had for a long, long time, that I just keep moving from version to version, updating as I go.  

I think this one comes from the old "PimpMyKerbals" or "Green_Skull_Inc._Custom_Design_Spacesuits"

Is it possible to change the vehicle icons? OrbitIcons_Ship.png, ship.png and Ship.dds in /GameData/ChangeIcons/Default. And putting the directory locations in ChangeIcons.cfg. But none seem to work.

Edited by Albert VDS

3 hours ago, Albert VDS said:

Is it possible to change the vehicle icons? OrbitIcons_Ship.png, ship.png and Ship.dds in /GameData/ChangeIcons/Default. And putting the directory locations in ChangeIcons.cfg. But none seem to work.

sry I missed your pm :)

Normally you should be able to change any texture, you need to name your texture exactly the same as the one you want to change and you need to put it in the Default folder of your custom folder. So either you use the TRR_MyTextureMod or you can rename it and/or incorporate it in your own mod.

Look in the TRR_guide if you want to see another example of a custom folder with textures in the Default folder

1 minute ago, Albert VDS said:

How do do I find out which name the texture has? In this case the icon for a vehicle.

hmm , well,  I searched a bit, and it seems that the icons sprites are treated in a different way than the parts textures. I have effectively found the ship.png in the sharedassets0 but this png is not loaded like the rest , you can't see it in the KSP.log (even with the setting "logTextures = true" in TRR) . So its not something that TRR can do right now :(

My guess is that you need to make a little mod where you change the image in the sprite "OrbitIcons_Ship".  TRR don't change sprites, only textures. I could add this to my TO DO list , but don't expect it soon, I'm in a crazy mesh hacking phase.

12 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

My visor only goes silver and not gold, Is there any fix? And if so how do I do it?

Hard to help with so few infos, do you have a texture pack installed ?   Check if you have the 000_TRR_Config folder installed with TRR , if not, uninstall TRR and reinstall it  (either manually or by CKAN)

Win, linux , OSX ?

3 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Hard to help with so few infos, do you have a texture pack installed ?   Check if you have the 000_TRR_Config folder installed with TRR , if not, uninstall TRR and reinstall it  (either manually or by CKAN)

Win, linux , OSX ?

I have windows 10, no texture pack, and I have the 000_TRR_CONFIG FILE

Edited by Katieop3

3 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

I have windows 10, no texture pack, and I have the 000_TRR_CONFIG FILE

reset TRR with the ingame menu , do that in the main , suit and visor menu.

Also know that the 3 visors are grey, they are colored ingame. You can change that color in the visor menu.

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

reset TRR with the ingame menu , do that in the main , suit and visor menu.

Also know that the 3 visors are grey, they are colored ingame. You can change that color in the visor menu.

Thank you so much!!!! it worked!!

I think I found a way for the body swapping, still need improvement as some bones seems to be problematic at the arms and hands. We can even use the bow tie mesh from Mortimer Kerman :)

If I succeed with this body, I'll also add the worker and the hazmat body and make a texture system a bit like we have now.

gqYRy4d.png

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I think I found a way for the body swapping, still need improvement as some bones seems to be problematic at the arms and hands. We can even use the bow tie mesh from Mortimer Kerman :)

If I succeed with this body, I'll also add the worker and the hazmat body and make a texture system a bit like we have now.

gqYRy4d.png

That is amazing.  Having Val wear a bow tie whilst taking a lucrative tourist out for a high gee set of manouvers...

Looking forward to release.  Thanks for your hard code diving!

Peace.

Happy to share a new suit pack exploiting most of the new functions from TRR:

It is still in WIP phase, actually supporting only stock jobs, traits and levels in career mode (for pilots, engineers, scientists and tourists), but "soon™" it will support all the jobs from ComunityTraitIcons (basically for "Colonist!" and/or "USI-MKS" mods)

Edited by Araym

On 12/31/2017 at 3:36 AM, balafré said:

Hi guys ! 

I'm currently using texture replacer in order to use AVP and I ran into a very annoying bug while in IVA : 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kOKePxjTh0Chwo1EL05Q_tdwjiZAydFN/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hd-Fr3jAiVjQvOK1aAZLePb-wekQkawf/view?usp=sharing

I'm sure it's TRR causing this (tried with and without it). It's not that big but it kills the immersion for me 

Any fix ?

I have the exact same problem and It's TRR 100%, uninstalled and reinstalled all my mods one by one to check.
I only want to change my skybox,... pls help. Thank you.

On 22/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

gqYRy4d.png

And by the way:

:o

Waiting impatiently to exploit no spacesuit kerbal models!
I have half a ton of ideas about it e new... well... at that point even "dresses", not only suits!!! :cool:

I have a excrements load of textures in mind for ours kerbals with these bodies...

but , and sadly I found a big but, it seems that the "kerbalEVA" body (the one we use) don't have the same bones than "mortimer", the arms and some fingers seems wrong and/or missing. I found another body (the worker in the hangars) but we can't access them in the flight scene, they are only loaded in the hangar scene and I can't oblige you to first load the hangar each time you load/start ksp...

I need to dive a bit more, my kung fu is strong :)

1 hour ago, JPNB said:

I have the exact same problem and It's TRR 100%, uninstalled and reinstalled all my mods one by one to check.
I only want to change my skybox,... pls help. Thank you.

@balafré  :  It seem I have TOTALLY forgot about this :rolleyes:  

I'll look at this problem, there is a big chance that I need to changes some things about these eyes and jaws. It's surely related to the new feature of TRR that let us change the eyes and jaws textures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.