[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

On 28/01/2018 at 7:57 PM, klgraham1013 said:

Conflict with Through the Eyes of a Kerbal.

8rdWLMd.png

URiUXk4.png

Floating eyes and teeth!  Scary!

4 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Though, in a way,  it's working as named. Creepily *through* the eyes of a Kerbal.  :o

Yeah I don't see a problem here :sticktongue:

I'm on it but last update from microsoft killed the OS on my worskstation... I will need some time to reinstall and configure everything .... :/

What would be the simplest way to set up suits like the old TextureReplacer? I don't really need the complexity of changing suits as Kerbals level up. I am looking to do basic class color-coded suits that they use the entire time

On 30/01/2018 at 10:55 PM, Battou said:

Hi.

I have a problem with real reflections on Mk1 Inline Cocpit.

It dont cast shadow, but becomes kinda transparent. If I turn off reflections then it looks normal.

12 hours ago, Battou said:

Have same "transparent" problem on that torus like fuel tank covered with foil. 

yeah I know, the shader we use now seems to to do that. You will have to acccept it until we found another good solution to have the shader working for win, linux and OSX. Its on my list :)

18 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

I just got a new skybox and put it in the folder but the old one still shows up. Is there a fix for this?

12 hours ago, Philaphlous said:

One thing that's bothered me with the game is the ambient stars are so cartoony...is there a way in TRR to change the brightness of the stars? I've got a stars pack supposedly installed but I don't think it worked...

You need to put your skybox in the "default " folder of your custom folder (either the one you made or the TRR_MyTextureMod ) It wont work if you put it in the TRR's default folder. Same rule for EVERY texture you use, put them in your custom folder.

Look at the TRR_guide to see how I've done it (you can't miss the skybox there)

On 31/01/2018 at 1:53 AM, akron said:

What would be the simplest way to set up suits like the old TextureReplacer? I don't really need the complexity of changing suits as Kerbals level up. I am looking to do basic class color-coded suits that they use the entire time

the easiest way to set up like in TR is to use use TRR as it is intended, it work just like TR did but with more features, if you don't want these just don't use them and you an have the old TR experience :)

So , as always, make your custom folder,  do your textures like you can see in the TRR_guide and just don't make the leveled ones (the texture with the number at the end)

On 31/01/2018 at 1:41 AM, Katieop3 said:

Well, I don't really see what you want, too many images in your link. But know that you an change the color of the 3 bundled visors (with the ingame menu), you can also change the reflection color and if all these don't suit your taste, you can even make another texture to match what you want. But don't expect color or mirror effect like in the real world, its only a game and you have limitation in this (old) engine

3 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

So , as always, make your custom folder,  do your textures like you can see in the TRR_guide and just don't make the leveled ones (the texture with the number at the end)

So I just don't put a zero at the end and call it whatever they were on TR? I have a feeling I may eventually use the features, but I just want to setup custom suits right now.

Or for example : "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male" and "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male_NRM" (No zero)

22 hours ago, Katieop3 said:

Sorry, i think it glitched these are the images

110654main_image_feature_284_ajhfull.jpg KSC70PC18.jpg

To have a "non transparent" visor, you have to add a "grey" visor with no trasparency at all (so a solid block of grey) and then find the right color hue with the color option in TRR settings for it (if you look in my suit pack, I added a semi-trasparent visor, and colored gold-ish for the EVA used in space... yours should be simply "non transparent" :P )

On 01/02/2018 at 2:14 PM, akron said:

So I just don't put a zero at the end and call it whatever they were on TR? I have a feeling I may eventually use the features, but I just want to setup custom suits right now.

Or for example : "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male" and "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male_NRM" (No zero)

You can still use the old names , but I advice you to use the new naming convention if you want to use all the new features.

You can also either name it "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male" or "Suit_EvaSpace_Standard_Male0".

40 minutes ago, Araym said:

To have a "non transparent" visor, you have to add a "grey" visor with no trasparency at all (so a solid block of grey) and then find the right color hue with the color option in TRR settings for it (if you look in my suit pack, I added a semi-trasparent visor, and colored gold-ish for the EVA used in space... yours should be simply "non transparent" :P )

@Katieop3  : exactly this, make a .png non transparent, either white or grey  (depending of your taste, you can even make a colored png) and name it like the visor you want to replace (the name change if you use it in the Suit folder or the default folder) look in the TRR_guide to get the proper name for what you want. And then you colorize ingame the visor and the reflection. 

On 2.12.2017 at 7:47 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

yeah but the problem is that I don't know how to make theses shaders, its @Ger_space that made them and he seems to have reals difficulties to make them for the latest linux/mac unity version.

And you do know that we are doing this on our free time ? You wish people struggle more for you but ask the right question : What YOU do to help them ? I would be really happy if you made a PR to solve the problem you know :) its not like I already "lost" more than 30 hours on this particular problem.

The problem is the loading of the Shader for all none DirectX Systems. The unity version is not working as intended ( the internal shader compiler is not building it at runtime for opengl) 

As with ksp 1.4 a new unity version will be introduced, and I hope that then the Shaders will load up properly. I'm not keen to create a messy workaround for opengl users, because unity engine version does not work as advertised. 

I spend many hours reading the documentation and testing and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't. 

That's why a gave modding a break, because I had several setbacks with the things I had been working on and at one point I needed to do something more entertaining, then frustrating myself over and over again.

Is just not fun to spend night after night on problems that will not go away.

12 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The problem is the loading of the Shader for all none DirectX Systems. The unity version is not working as intended ( the internal shader compiler is not building it at runtime for opengl) 

As with ksp 1.4 a new unity version will be introduced, and I hope that then the Shaders will load up properly. I'm not keen to create a messy workaround for opengl users, because unity engine version does not work as advertised. 

I spend many hours reading the documentation and testing and it should work, but for some reason it doesn't. 

That's why a gave modding a break, because I had several setbacks with the things I had been working on and at one point I needed to do something more entertaining, then frustrating myself over and over again.

Is just not fun to spend night after night on problems that will not go away.

2 things here : 

- KSP 1.4 ? really ? sounds nice (you see how I'm out of the loop here ? :) )  

- yeah don't worry , we have a working 'ish shader for now,  and as  I understand that there will be a new "big" version of ksp coming soon , maybe some things will be fixable.

edit: It was late ... I see whats KSP 1.4 now, anyway, lets hope we find a solution there  :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.