[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

Is it possible to add a glow map to a kerbal space suit (main texture, visor, or helmet)? If so, how easy? Also I apologize if this was asked before, I checked and there was no indication of a question like this.

5 hours ago, Tynton said:

Is it possible to add a glow map to a kerbal space suit (main texture, visor, or helmet)? If so, how easy? Also I apologize if this was asked before, I checked and there was no indication of a question like this.

Well I don't know yet, but Its on my to do list :)   I just lost time with the last update of microsoft that killed my OS and being sick since a week.

I want it too so stay tuned , it may become a reality.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:55 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

2 things here : 

- KSP 1.4 ? really ? sounds nice (you see how I'm out of the loop here ? :) )  

- yeah don't worry , we have a working 'ish shader for now,  and as  I understand that there will be a new "big" version of ksp coming soon , maybe some things will be fixable.

edit: It was late ... I see whats KSP 1.4 now, anyway, lets hope we find a solution there  :)

I see you changed the shader loader to the platform dependent loading system. Is it now working for openGL systems? The part transparancy could come from a the wrong applying of a transparent shader on the slightly reflective meshes of a part.

now a transparent shader (specular-transparent) is used. Maybe the meshfilter is not correctly working. I looked at the code but it always confusing me, when is what called. most of the code is only for kerbals and not normal static objects. I guess you can test it better then me, if there are the correct shaders applied, or if the windowshine config is to restrictive. 

Edited by Ger_space
spelling

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

I see you changed the shader loader to the platform dependent loading system. Is it now working for openGL systems? The part transparancy could come from a the wrong applying of a transparent shader on the not-reflective meshes of a part. (these that got filtered by the mesh-filter). 

The now problem with the now transparent parts comes from the parts that should be only slightly refective, but now a transparent shader (default/fallback) is used. Maybe the meshfilter is not correctly working. I looked at the code but it alwys confising me, when is what called. most of the code is only for kerbals and not normal static objects. I guess you can test it better then me, if there are the correct shaders applied, or if the windowshine config is to restrictive. 

Yeah I had the help of @ThirdOfSeven for the platform dependent loading system. All this reflection/shader part is still a bit obscure for me and I seriously think that I'll rewrite TRR at some point.

And as I type, I see you saw my call in the TU mod :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

4 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Yeah I had the help of @ThirdOfSeven for the platform dependent loading system. All this reflection/shader part is still a bit obscure for me and I seriously think that I'll rewrite TRR at some point.

And as I type, I see you saw my call in the TU mod :)

A rewrite would coding a lot easier for you, but don't get stressed about it. It could lead to much frustration.  
Kerbals need to be persistent, and parts are only need to changed once. It would be easier to move all the parts stuff to TU. and leave the Kerbal and Visor within TRR, but you could use a TU PBR shader for the visor and only reference that. 
If you need help, I'm back from my KSP break, so just ask.

15 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

A rewrite would coding a lot easier for you, but don't get stressed about it. It could lead to much frustration.  
Kerbals need to be persistent, and parts are only need to changed once. It would be easier to move all the parts stuff to TU. and leave the Kerbal and Visor within TRR, but you could use a TU PBR shader for the visor and only reference that. 
If you need help, I'm back from my KSP break, so just ask.

Yeah that's the kind of thing I'm thinking about. I think TRR is mostly used to customize our kerbals, the skyboxes and maybe free RAM space on old system, others mods do the rest way better (like the planet part). I think the main point of TRR is the leveled texture system and the suit/head customization. If i succeed with the body swapping , it will even reinforce that.

I don't plan to rewrite everything, but the code need a really good optimization pass because we have accumulated a lot of thing since the beginning of TR and it start to become really complicated to understand easily.

I note for the help, I will certainly need some, thx :)

The game crashes under Linux and the most recent version of KSP (1.3.1).

Does anyone have similiar problems? I use the following plugins:

• B9PartSwitch
  • Chatterer
  • CommunityResourcePack
  • DynamicBatteryStorage
  • Firespitter
  • MechJeb2
  • Near Future Package (all of them)
  • OPT
  • Realistic Atmosphere
  • TRR
  • TweakScale
  • WarpPlugin

EDIT: turned out that Chatterer has problems under Linux, however, TRR does not replace the Models I feed him. :( I use Galenmatic Skybox and I still have the old images ingame.

Edited by mschimm

does this conflict with the functionality of the kerbal space ponies mod? that was i think my favorite aesthetic mod because  have a feeling that this messes up that mod i pretty much got this ONLY for the planet changes so could a compatibility with kerbal space ponies be arranged? i loved that mod and it seems that i have my work cut out for me today(finding and reporting bugs to modmakers and requesting helpful features or requesting help fixing my game) EDIT: turns out i never re-cached it during my upgrade to 1.3.1 so that's why it didn't work

Edited by mindseyemodels

On 6/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

• generate missing mipmaps for PNG and JPEG model textures,
  • compress uncompressed textures from `GameData/` to shrink textures in VRAM,
  • unload textures from RAM after KSP finishes loading to reduce RAM usage and
  • change bilinear texture filter to trilinear to improve mipmap quality.

The mod does that for every mod I have installed?

Also, I'm using this mod as a dependence, and for the possible performance gains... But I wanted to maintain the stock textures. How's the easiest way to do that?

On 25/02/2018 at 2:44 AM, RocketSimplicity said:

In the pictures you can see kerbals without helmets. I can't seem to get this to happen. Is it because EVAfollower on mine is not installed? Or is that an addon?

EVAfollower ? Sry I don't know what this is :)

No you just need to install TRR and the normal setting let you have the IVA suit on kerbin without helmet. If you want to change the suit and or remove the helmet, you just have to configure the suit set in the TRR's menus ingame

14 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

The mod does that for every mod I have installed?

Also, I'm using this mod as a dependence, and for the possible performance gains... But I wanted to maintain the stock textures. How's the easiest way to do that?

These are really old features from TR , you can change the setting of these in the @TRR_Default.cfg  in the 000_TRR_Config folder. And yes it does it for every mod you use, it was a time where it was necessary because of the 32 bit RAM limitations

The texture compression is disabled by default now

isCompressionEnabled = never

The generate mipmap does it only when needed (so generally it does nothing because modders do their things right)

isCompressionEnabled = never

and there is a list of mod that needed that (back from TR times, it still there because I don't know if they still need it or not)

generateMipmaps = /FX/ /Parts/ /Props/ /Spaces/
	generateMipmaps = ^ART/ ^ASET(_Props)?/ ^FASA/ ^KAS/Textures/
	generateMipmaps = ^Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/ ^Regolith/Assets/ ^RetroFuture/
	generateMipmaps = ^SnacksPartsByWhyren/ ^UmbraSpaceIndustries/

you can remove these if you don't like it :)

The unload function still work (and I advice you to keep it because it remove from memory stuff you don't need anymore because its loaded )

isUnloadingEnabled = auto

and again you have a list of mods that you can change where you don't unload (also this is from TR so I didn't touched it)

keepLoaded = /Agencies/
	keepLoaded = ^BoulderCo/(Clouds|Atmosphere)/ ^CommunityResourcePack/
	keepLoaded = ^CustomBiomes/PluginData/CustomBiomes/ ^KittopiaSpace/Textures/
	keepLoaded = ^Kopernicus/Textures/ ^Romfarer/textures/
	keepLoaded = ^WarpPlugin/PlanetResourceData/

As for the stock textures  question, if you are talking about the suits textures, sry but you need to use the ones provided with TRR, they are essentially the same as the stock ones, I mostly fixed some alignment error on them and made the normal maps where you needed them.

Here is a quote from the OP about the suits textures you can find in the default folder of TRR :

DON'T REMOVE THEM except for these 4 if you don't like them:

• Suit_Iva_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the IVA suit
  • Suit_EvaSpace_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAground suit
  • Suit_EvaGround_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAspace suit
  • logoFullRed_alt : this is the custom logo at the main menu

You can still replace these textures as you did before with Texture Replacer, but if you remove them , your game WILL crash.

and if you don't any texture pack, TRR don't change any other textures.

@HaArLiNsH I actually like this functions to improve performance! There is any big problem or downside if I simple turn everything on?

About the textures, I made some edits to the .dds files and learned how to use the menu, I guess it is to my taste now. I only wish to simple disable the ground suit, is this possible? Not make it the same as the EVA-Space, but to disable the option on the toggle menu.

Thanks!

Edited by MaximumThrust

I have a Cormorant Aeronology patch I homemade to RO-ize the parts, and the cockpit has got an FSTextureSwitch module. I'm not sure if that's the problem (it swaps the cockpit textures between stock, shuttle-like and buran-like) but when I set up the windowshine patch up for it using the example patches as a base, and following the style of the alpha channel editing that windowshine does on the correct textures, the entire cockpit is shiny instead of just the windows and the shadows on it are all screwy. Any idea why this might be?

Crossposting this in the relevant threads, this is driving me nuts.

I can post the relevant patch on pastebin; here it is.

https://pastebin.com/NTsVRMxB

10 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

@HaArLiNsH I actually like this functions to improve performance! There is any big problem or downside if I simple turn everything on?

About the textures, I made some edits to the .dds files and learned how to use the menu, I guess it is to my taste now. I only wish to simple disable the ground suit, is this possible? Not make it the same as the EVA-Space, but to disable the option on the toggle menu.

Thanks!

you can select witch suit you want at each situation in the suit menu , the situation name is "when on the ground , without atmosphere", and there you choose witch one you want.

also , I DO NOT recommend you to change the defaults TRR textures, if you don't like them, make a custom folder as described in the OP (or use this one) and put your new default texture in it, they will replace the ones I provide. So you will make you own texture pack. I made TRR to be used like that so your texture pack is independent of TRR's updates.  If you don't, at the next update of TRR your textures will be crushed by the ones of the updates.

6 hours ago, MelancholyFlapper said:

I have a Cormorant Aeronology patch I homemade to RO-ize the parts, and the cockpit has got an FSTextureSwitch module. I'm not sure if that's the problem (it swaps the cockpit textures between stock, shuttle-like and buran-like) but when I set up the windowshine patch up for it using the example patches as a base, and following the style of the alpha channel editing that windowshine does on the correct textures, the entire cockpit is shiny instead of just the windows and the shadows on it are all screwy. Any idea why this might be?

Crossposting this in the relevant threads, this is driving me nuts.

I can post the relevant patch on pastebin; here it is.

https://pastebin.com/NTsVRMxB

let me check on that, but I'm pretty sure its related to the textures (as windowshine use custom textures) 

But don't loose your mind on this, we are looking on another way to make the reflection system better because we have too much trouble with the actual shader system we use. Stay tuned :)

On 2/27/2018 at 8:27 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

you can select witch suit you want at each situation in the suit menu , the situation name is "when on the ground , without atmosphere", and there you choose witch one you want.

also , I DO NOT recommend you to change the defaults TRR textures, if you don't like them, make a custom folder as described in the OP (or use this one) and put your new default texture in it, they will replace the ones I provide. So you will make you own texture pack. I made TRR to be used like that so your texture pack is independent of TRR's updates.  If you don't, at the next update of TRR your textures will be crushed by the ones of the updates.

I used the same suit for Ground Eva and Space Eva, just changing the visor. This will work well!

The only changes to the textures I made were:

Removed the creased texture of the white helmet (to be like the stock one), and changed the Veteran Eva Suit Space to be white (using the same texture of the non-veterans). Since I install everything manually I guess will be very easy to simple do this again when updating. The in-game menu was more confusing and took more time :P

Thanks!

On 02/03/2018 at 12:15 AM, smotheredrun said:

@HaArLiNsH

You mentioned above that there is a TRR menu (button?) in game?  Can you post a pic if what it looks like? I'm drawing a blank....

just look in the toolbar for the button with a kerbal head ...

Edited by HaArLiNsH

On 3/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

The last update seems to have broken again our shader :0.0:   Will try to fix for 1.4.0 but maybe it wont be there until next week for 1.4.1

I just found out today the update had been released.  Is there a 1.4.1 announced already too?

ObWT56b.png?1does anyone has a working copy or link of the green skull's suite? I'm looking for the  one  with green texture, I know there was one but lost the link and now i can't find it anymore

Edited by Jiraiyah

Hello, guys, I was wondering if the next update of TRR will support the new suits of the DLC and if it's possible for modders and modelers to create different suits, and not just modifying textures.

On 10/03/2018 at 7:47 PM, Jiraiyah said:

ObWT56b.png?1does anyone has a working copy or link of the green skull's suite? I'm looking for the  one  with green texture, I know there was one but lost the link and now i can't find it anymore

I may still have these textures somewhere, I need to do some archeology :)

10 hours ago, DjPreside said:

Hello, guys, I was wondering if the next update of TRR will support the new suits of the DLC and if it's possible for modders and modelers to create different suits, and not just modifying textures.

Well I hope we will be able to use it with the new suits. It may take me some times to figure out how as I just downloaded the dlc.
But creating new suits is not really possible, we don't really have access to them (they are in the sharedassets) and we need to make a rig and animations. I tried to use the civil bodies (with the hands) but they don't have the same the rigging thus I can't just switch the mesh on the " animation skeleton". 

I still have hope but don't hold your breath for it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.