[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

2 minutes ago, DocMop said:

This is offtopic but .. where the heck do you get all the time (and strength) to do that?! :o:D

I've answered this often.  In general, I am only working on one or possibly two mods at a time.  It's only now with a new release that I'm very busy.

I also have developed a build system, so that every mod I support is built the same way.  When I adopt mods, usually the first thing I do is to update the build process to be what I want it to be.

On 3/17/2018 at 8:44 PM, Capt. Hunt said:

ok, I have to admit, the new version is way less intuitive then the old TR,  I can't figure out how to get a custom texture pack to appear in game.  All I really want to do is rearrange the provided textures a little so that the dark orange suits are used in the IVA and the white ones are used outside on the veterans.  I followed the instructions provided, but I still don't see them.

I thought it looked counter intuitive at first but it's not bad at all once you figure it out. I downloaded and installed the pre made user folder and it made it fairly easy? I have some of my really old suit mods working without really doing anything but renaming them. I haven’t even converted most of them to DDS yet and the PNG's seem to work fine? These were really old suits I had not even converted to DDS yet I might have done one of the helmets but mostly just renamed as is. 6PgtbWc.png

Just got the pretty reflections working under Linux in 1.3.1. And had my historical suits all ready to go. Now back to waiting. And it's not just the shaders that are not working for Linux users under 1.4.1 their is a lot of screwed up graphical problems for Linux and Mac users. I'll have to stick to 1.3.1 for a while I guess.

For whoever private pinged me and was trying to get a hold of me earlier I don't normally reply to private posts from people I don't know? But I was getting on a plane and did not mean to just toss your message either . I think your looking for this https://spacedock.info/profile/Lazarus

Next time just ask on the forum  " Instead of privately begging for files" and I think you will find that people are usually pretty helpful  Hope you see this.

Edited by Delbrutis
Post link

FIrst off, want to thank @HaArLiNsH for his modding work.

@astrospud I too ran into the pink visor issue after Steam updated my game to 1.4.0, but like a boss @HaArLiNsH has the source code for TRR available. Downloaded, broke, redownloaded, somewhere along the way learned about shaders, installed 3 versions of Unity and I finally managed to "fix" the compiled shader. All it needed was to recompile the asset bundle in KSP's new Unity (2017.1.3p1) version XD Place this shaders.windows file in KSP/GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced/Shaders. This is only the Windows shader file, since I don't have a Mac or Linux PC to test it on (also Unity kept complaining that I didn't have the standalone modules installed). Hopefully this helps out :)

TX7MMbw.jpg

Edited by Tentei Venser
Actually showing an image instead of linking.

On 25/03/2018 at 12:58 AM, Delbrutis said:

I haven’t even converted most of them to DDS yet and the PNG's seem to work fine? These were really old suits I had not even converted to DDS yet I might have done one of the helmets but mostly just renamed as is

You don't even have to rename them normaly to use them as TR did (but its better if you want to expand to suit set). Also DON'T convert them to DDS... it will only degrade the graphics.

1 hour ago, Tentei Venser said:

FIrst off, want to thank @HaArLiNsH for his modding work.

@astrospud I too ran into the pink visor issue after Steam updated my game to 1.4.0, but like a boss @HaArLiNsH has the source code for TRR available. Downloaded, broke, redownloaded, somewhere along the way learned about shaders, installed 3 versions of Unity and I finally managed to "fix" the compiled shader. All it needed was to recompile the asset bundle in KSP's new Unity (2017.1.3p1) version XD Place this shaders.windows file in KSP/GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced/Shaders. This is only the Windows shader file, since I don't have a Mac or Linux PC to test it on (also Unity kept complaining that I didn't have the standalone modules installed). Hopefully this helps out :)

TX7MMbw.jpg

Oh man .. really ? :cool: I can't test it tonight but this seems promising , great works ! 

Quick update : still working on the new features, it will take a bit of time to code all that stuff but I've got plans and they seems to works.

Here is a real time body swap with custom textures (suit,helmet,jetpack, backpack, parachute). I say real time because the suit wasn't chosen before the flight, they are new meshes added (cloned from the new suit body) to the base kerbal suit and the default meshes are hidden while in the flight scene.

This works only with the DLC installed, I made a conditional check, just to be sure legally :wink:

tpUBYw7.png

I've not tested the new shader provided by @Tentei Venser yet but it should work too for the visor.

I think the last version of TRR and the shader still work for the last update (at least on windows)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Oh and I think you can already change the default texture of the new vintage suit with the last version of TRR :)  I can give the names if you want.

I extracted all the new textures and changed them to test the features, I'll update also the TRR_Guide when all is working.

This time we wont do like TR did, I wont give the original textures to the community (legal stuff ) so I need also to make some templates like I did for the guide.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

32 minutes ago, Trevisan said:

Now Kerbals can do proper maintenance on nuclear reactors without glowing in the dark for some time!

They can save some electricity during night shifts, because they don't need artificial light. Always look on the bright side of life (pun inteded) :D

Hate to attempt a question regarding something that might have been answered but....  

I cant seem to get this to work with GPP.  Seems even if I don't add the Sigma main it still wont allow TRR to work.  Going to stay with 1.3.1 due to the many many Mods I have altered.  Anyone have any ideas right off the top of the head?

Thx guys, sure do miss using TRR as it makes for a much easier way of adding suits, heads exc.

Hello guys,

After a couple of months of fiddling around in Photoshop (damn hard editing 3d scenes in 2d mode, phew!), I finally released a new skybox for TRR. It's based on the Horsehead nebula.

Please feel free to check it out and provide your feedback. Thanks!

P.S.: Here's a labeled screenshot (click to enlarge):

cuAUmM9.jpg

Edited by SinfulD

On 11/04/2018 at 3:28 PM, SinfulD said:

After a couple of months of fiddling around in Photoshop (damn hard editing 3d scenes in 2d mode, phew!), I finally released a new skybox for TRR. It's based on the Horsehead nebula.

Oooh niice :kiss:

linked in the OP !

17 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Can skybox textures be named something other than GalaxyTex_<direction>?

Nope, as for all the texture names, they where decided by Squad and we need to use the same to replace them (or use a convention naming like we do now for the heads and suits in TRR)

6 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Nope, as for all the texture names, they where decided by Squad and we need to use the same to replace them (or use a convention naming like we do now for the heads and suits in TRR)

well, that ruins my plan to make skyboxes work with TRR and Sigma using a single download.

On 3/24/2018 at 4:58 PM, Delbrutis said:

I thought it looked counter intuitive at first but it's not bad at all once you figure it out. I downloaded and installed the pre made user folder and it made it fairly easy? I have some of my really old suit mods working without really doing anything but renaming them. I haven’t even converted most of them to DDS yet and the PNG's seem to work fine? These were really old suits I had not even converted to DDS yet I might have done one of the helmets but mostly just renamed as is. 6PgtbWc.png

Just got the pretty reflections working under Linux in 1.3.1. And had my historical suits all ready to go. Now back to waiting. And it's not just the shaders that are not working for Linux users under 1.4.1 their is a lot of screwed up graphical problems for Linux and Mac users. I'll have to stick to 1.3.1 for a while I guess.

For whoever private pinged me and was trying to get a hold of me earlier I don't normally reply to private posts from people I don't know? But I was getting on a plane and did not mean to just toss your message either . I think your looking for this https://spacedock.info/profile/Lazarus

Next time just ask on the forum  " Instead of privately begging for files" and I think you will find that people are usually pretty helpful  Hope you see this.

Well hey their "Del", don't mind being the one that "pinged" you.  As for the arrogant response, nope wasn't begging for private files.  Is that the way you really viewed that???  I was being friendly by including the words, "If I can ever help with old files, let me know".  Excuse the "F" out of me "friend".  As for the forums, yeah been around here for a while, enough to know that unless your versed in every thread, and every post, questions at times can be met with, lets say, arrogant and disrespectful responses no matter how well written. Unfortunately I have had the displeasure of seeing many many great Modders leave the KSP scene thanks to attitudes and politics here.  Next time someone PM's you....(Pinged is this your choice, or just the local flavor) you could simply answer the question and return the friendly chat.  Or....... maybe you cant.

As for my Post ^^^ 4-6 up, does anyone know of direct conflicts between GPP (With out adding Sigma) that interferes with TRR?

11 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

well, that ruins my plan to make skyboxes work with TRR and Sigma using a single download.

Sigma replacement don't work with TRR (not my choice, ask Sigma )

2 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

As for my Post ^^^ 4-6 up, does anyone know of direct conflicts between GPP (With out adding Sigma) that interferes with TRR?

and the maker of GPP switched to Sigma replacement. You should ask on his thread why it conflict.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.