[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

2 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

Next time someone PM's you....(Pinged is this your choice, or just the local flavor) you could simply answer the question and return the friendly chat.  Or....... maybe you cant.

OK so as I stated in my supposedly " arrogant response"  I was on my cell phone sitting in a TSA check waiting to get on a plane " AND REALLY DID "  temporarily loose your PM . I gave you the link to the files you needed on Spacedock. Turns out their was nothing naughty about it . So Excuse me "Friend" for thinking your PM with the title (You gotta)  was begging ?  Perhaps it was the  "Please send me those"  Or the  " I know the rules say we cant but " parts of the PM that miss-led me? No? Was it the part where you Out other forum members by their user names saying " They and a few others have been exchanging stuff for a very long time " ?  You really thought that would make me comfortable with sharing anything with you?  I gave you the link you wanted. I left you completely unnamed and anonymous . So my question is are you really going to go here because you thought my response was Arrogant? 

And yes the term Ping is somewhat old school .  

7 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Sigma replacement don't work with TRR (not my choice, ask Sigma )

and the maker of GPP switched to Sigma replacement. You should ask on his thread why it conflict.

Thx bud, saved me from scanning through the whole thread.  I will try and go see Galileo,  sure hope I get an answer from those gents.  I tried to write a cfg for Sigma and did get a response on correcting a couple lines, but it has a load order that I cant get my head around and I seriously think i'm getting to old to learn this stuff.  Brain isn't working as good as it used to. 

Again thx.

Edit: One last thing, I know its a pain for you guys keeping these mods going, and answering the same questions over and over.  I have been trying search functions in forums for a very long time.  Unfortunately they don't work very well.  I have read entire threads here for years, half the time I enjoy the read.  So thanks for doing the Job.

Edited by ArkaelDren

5 minutes ago, 1990eam said:

Hello. I'm trying to get AstronomersVisualPack to work but when I drop the TextureReplacerReplaced folder in Gamedata my Kerbals have a purple texture in the helmets like it's missing something. Can you help me out?

Same story again and again, I edited the OP to make people more aware : TRR is not fully 1.4.2 compatible yet, you can either set the reflections to NONE to fix that or (if you are on windows) Place this shaders.windows file in KSP/GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced/Shaders

Hi guys,

Recently updated to 1.3.1 (yeah, I know I'm behind the times but I was waiting for a FAR release that was less buggy). I've installed TRR and I'm getting some annoying bugs in IVA mode. The eyes and teeth of my kerbals are visible (see video below) regardless of whether I have a suit texture pack installed or not.

Can someone tell me if there's a fix for this? Thanks in advance

21 minutes ago, Elmetian said:

The eyes and teeth of my kerbals are visible (see video below) regardless of whether I have a suit texture pack installed or not.

Yeah sry, its a "know" bug , its related to the feature where we can change the texture and color of the eyes, I totally forgot this one  :o

42 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Yeah sry, its a "know" bug , its related to the feature where we can change the texture and color of the eyes, I totally forgot this one  :o

Thanks for getting back to me so fast HaArLiNsH. Is there anyway to disable this in the current version of the mod?

13 minutes ago, Elmetian said:

Thanks for getting back to me so fast HaArLiNsH. Is there anyway to disable this in the current version of the mod?

unfortunately nope ...  
I'm still working on experimental things but I'll try to have a release soon with (I hope) a fix for this

On 4/14/2018 at 4:30 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Sigma replacement don't work with TRR (not my choice, ask Sigma )

and the maker of GPP switched to Sigma replacement. You should ask on his thread why it conflict.

Where are you getting that information? TRR works fine even along side sigma replacements...there is no conflict only bad TRR setups, which is not your fault, it’s the user who can’t figure out how to set up TRR correctly. A bad setup is not a conflict. Instead of sending them my way, please look into the issue the user is having with your mod because I will not provide support for a mod we clearly have chosen to not use. 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Where are you getting that information? TRR works fine even along side sigma replacements...there is no conflict only bad TRR setups, which is not your fault, it’s the user who can’t figure out how to set up TRR correctly. A bad setup is not a conflict. Instead of sending them my way, please look into the issue the user is having with your mod because I will not provide support for a mod we clearly have chosen to not use. 

Oh, I really ? they work together nicely ?  Accept my apologies if I mislead people here.

1 minute ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Oh, I really ? they work together nicely ?  Accept my apologies if I mislead people here.

Obviously you can’t replace the same texture with both mods, but you can pick and choose what mod replaces what. I use TRR for visor reflections and SR for other things. They work fine together. 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

TRR works fine even along side sigma replacements

The comment that @HaArLiNsH was responding to was about skyboxes:

On 4/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

well, that ruins my plan to make skyboxes work with TRR and Sigma using a single download.

Sigma Replacements: Skybox seems to use a different naming convention than TRR for the cubemap files, so they're "incompatible" from the standpoint of someone releasing a skybox mod.  (Poodmund's skyboxes switched from TRR format to Sigma format a few months ago, for example.)

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

The comment that @HaArLiNsH was responding to was about skyboxes:

Sigma Replacements: Skybox seems to use a different naming convention than TRR for the cubemap files, so they're "incompatible" from the standpoint of someone releasing a skybox mod.  (Poodmund's skyboxes switched from TRR format to Sigma format a few months ago, for example.)

I get that. Like I said, you cannot replace the same texture with both mods. It’s pretty simple; If you want to use TRR to replace skyboxes, you don’t install SR: Skybox. Or if you only want to use TRR, you simply don’t install any SR plugins.

The naming convention in SR is whatever the content developer wants it to be more or less, so it will likely be different. So yeah, it would be incompatible because you can’t take the textures from an SR mod and put them in TRR or vice versa. That just leads me back to my first point; you have choose which mod replaces which texture. Convoluted? Absolutely. That’s why I wouldn’t recommend using both in tandem unless you know what you are doing. But they do work together as long as you aren’t trying to replace the same textures with both mods.

Edited by Galileo

52 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I get that. Like I said, you cannot replace the same texture with both mods. It’s pretty simple; If you want to use TRR to replace skyboxes, you don’t install SR: Skybox. Or if you only want to use TRR, you simply don’t install any SR plugins.

I know — I just think it's a little awkward that skybox mods have to be made specifically for TRR or specifically for SR, when really either replacer could do the job.  It'd be nice if skyboxes could be released in a "universal" format that works with both, so player can freely choose which replacer to use.  (But then if both are installed they'd both try to display the skybox, so I can see why it doesn't work that way.)

14 hours ago, Wyzard said:

I'm going to address this when I get around to update my mods, I'll need to get in touch with everybody that currently uses SR for skyboxes and get organized with them to change the naming convention to something that can be compatible with TRR

Just now, Sigma88 said:

I'm going to address this when I get around to update my mods, I'll need to get in touch with everybody that currently uses SR for skyboxes and get organized with them to change the naming convention to something that can be compatible with TRR

Naming convention can be a thing hard to impose but usually it really help to standardize the use of the mod.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Same story again and again, I edited the OP to make people more aware : TRR is not fully 1.4.2 compatible yet, you can either set the reflections to NONE to fix that or (if you are on windows) Place this shaders.windows file in KSP/GameData/TextureReplacerReplaced/Shaders

i dont know what happened but for some reason i also have the pink visors, i used to have them, and im still running 1.3.1 i thought maybe putting that shader you have linked would fix it but it didnt.

any idea how to get my cool visors back?

1 hour ago, putnamto said:

i dont know what happened but for some reason i also have the pink visors, i used to have them, and im still running 1.3.1 i thought maybe putting that shader you have linked would fix it but it didnt.

any idea how to get my cool visors back?

In the transition from 1.3 to 1.4, Squad updated their Unity version. The shader I recompiled will only work on Windows running 1.4+. Installation of TRR might be broken? My first instinct is uninstall and reinstall TRR.

15 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Did the original Texture Replacer just get updated or is that just me? If so, is there any difference to using TR or TRR? Now I'm getting confused :D

I just saw that on Curse -- and it's a *wee* bit confusing to now essentially have *three* mods to do our texture replacing. This isn't getting easier :)

6 hours ago, Tentei Venser said:

In the transition from 1.3 to 1.4, Squad updated their Unity version. The shader I recompiled will only work on Windows running 1.4+. Installation of TRR might be broken? My first instinct is uninstall and reinstall TRR.

Ive  tried  this, an  unninstalled  gives  me  back  default  visits, and  reinstall  gives  me  the  pink  ones

53 minutes ago, SpaceFox25 said:

Did the original Texture Replacer just get updated or is that just me? If so, is there any difference to using TR or TRR? Now I'm getting confused :D

36 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I just saw that on Curse -- and it's a *wee* bit confusing to now essentially have *three* mods to do our texture replacing. This isn't getting easier :)

Texture Replacer Replaced is a continuation of Texture Replaced, but is technically a different mod. It says on the front page it is incompatible with the original Texture Replacer, but YMMV.

3 minutes ago, putnamto said:

Ive  tried  this, an  unninstalled  gives  me  back  default  visits, and  reinstall  gives  me  the  pink  ones

Sounds like either running TRR 1.3.1 on KSP 1.4+ (in which case the shader recompile should fix if you use Windows) or perhaps a mod conflict. It would massively help me/us help you if you could run a fresh install of KSP (don't uninstall, just make another "clean" installation in a different folder) with only TRR installed. This will no-questions determine if it is a mod conflict or truly an issue with TRR and your KSP. Additionally, the .log file that gets generated in the KSP directory should display some sort of error messages about the shader not being found; it would help a lot to be able to look through it.

Apologies if this is an already-answered question, but is there a method of whitelisting a mod's images to *not* get compressed? Nanogauges all appear "fuzzy" on-screen when using TRR. Maybe those graphics need to be converted/implemented differently?

Edited by Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.