[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

2 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

it didnt do anything... what do I do now? also my reflections are ALREADY set to none and the pink visor persists

That's no good. I don't think I've seen anyone report problems with the recompiled shader before. At this point, it may be a version compatibility thing? You may want to check (and let people here know) what version of KSP you are running, as well as what version of TRR you have installed.

You could also try running a fresh copy of KSP with only the no mods but the latest TRR (from the github, see first post of this thread) to see if it might be a mod incompatibility. Remove variables to eliminate possibilities, etc.

2 minutes ago, Tentei Venser said:

That's no good. I don't think I've seen anyone report problems with the recompiled shader before. At this point, it may be a version compatibility thing? You may want to check (and let people here know) what version of KSP you are running, as well as what version of TRR you have installed.

You could also try running a fresh copy of KSP with only the no mods but the latest TRR (from the github, see first post of this thread) to see if it might be a mod incompatibility. Remove variables to eliminate possibilities, etc.

actually the version compatibility might be the most likely issue as when a new version of ksp comes out AAAAALLL the mods break and need to be fixed... perhaps this mod needs updating?

17 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

actually the version compatibility might be the most likely issue as when a new version of ksp comes out AAAAALLL the mods break and need to be fixed... perhaps this mod needs updating?

Not necessarily, I'm running plenty of 1.4.x mods on my 1.6.x KSP. It just depends on what stuff Squad plays around with in their updates :P

I won't discount the possibility that the lastest update broke TRR, though. Come to think of it, I don't know if I even have TRR installed XD i go through so many iterations of KSP games lol. I'll have to check my modlist tonight.

Most of the time when someone posts about the pink visors, my shader fix has worked.

Now that my son is asleep for the evening, I had a chance to make a fresh KSP installation.

1. First test, TRR installed: pink visors on the menu.
  2. Second test, TRR + shaders patch: normal visors on menu. Pink visors in-game.

Looked through patch notes and options menu, seems like Squad has added real-time reflections to the base game! At this point, I'm pretty sure TRR would need a rewrite to take this into account. So any mods that require TRR are going to have wonky shaders too.

@HaArLiNsH also posted here that the original Texture Replacer is being worked on, and Squad changed so much with the suits that TRR is now shut down as-is. So the latest officially compatible version is 1.3.1, with YMMV compatibility after that, and full incompatibility at 1.6.x and higher.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, @mindseyemodels.

• 4 months later...

(approximate translation)
shaders.windows does not solve the problem of pink faces.
Checked on pure versions of the game: 1.7.1 and 1.6.1
https://ibb.co/MnBYGK2

(original)
shaders.windows не решает проблему розовых лиц.
Проверял на чистых версиях игры: 1.7.1 и 1.6.1
https://ibb.co/MnBYGK2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tjmurphy5252 said:

if anyone can help me install it along with a skybox please message me on discord (tjmurphy#6969) i have tried to install it but it wont work 

That's probably because this mod doesn't work after version 1.6 lol, which I said literally one post above yours ;P

5 hours ago, tjmurphy5252 said:

if anyone can help me install it along with a skybox please message me on discord (tjmurphy#6969) i have tried to install it but it wont work 

Would it help if I messaged you on discord to just read the few posts above yours? xD

In general, when you’re asking someone to put in effort to let you know of a fix, at least put a teensy bit of effort in it yourself first ;) 

Edited by Jognt

• 1 year later...

TRR is dead see: (no offence) It was most likely crazy hard to code and KSP doesnt need 3 or 4 competing texture replacement methods

The only thing TRR had that TR doesnt have (and TR is kept "up to date" so its an "improved TRR replacement) is the GUI in game where you changed the "color coded" templates.

I have a mod, called "HumanStuff", that is mostly about human skin tones, real outfits, logo's all the flags of earth. etcetc

IT ALSO includes remade 16K head suit and skybox templtes, but you need to edit them it Kirita and/or Paint.net. If its in my mod there is a 16380x16380 WebP & TGA distribution copy and EXR, Tiff,  PDN & KRA "still layered" masters

Everything broken down to component level.

Note its still early in this process of converting everything 

BUT, I would ask @shaw when it comes to replacing textures he is "KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" 

Not sure if I missed @shaw adding stuff or his "to do" list. But you could message him and/or other "TextureReplacer" mod users here: 

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.