[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

17 hours ago, Cetera said:

OK, version 1.0 of Cetera's Suits for TRR is up on Spacedock.  I need someone to help get it on CKAN

Forum thread is here:

Enjoy. 

yeahhh :)  good job !

linked in the OP.

Unfortunately, Star Citizen PTU is online this week end ... I can't work on KSP :sticktongue:

I'll look for you CKAN application at the start of the week.

13 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

Your link to an example folder of a sample texture mod outside of TRR is broken. I really need you to fix it so I can figure out how I am supposed to make a folder outside of TRR that has the textures I want to use, that it can read. I did not understand the readme at all.

Can you tell me where the link is broken ?

If you follow the link on the OP you can get it like you should :
https://github.com/HaArLiNsH/TRR_MyTextureMod/releases

13 hours ago, 15Redstones said:

Hey, I'm getting some weird behavior with this mod. When I launch a new vessel all the male Kerbals have the helmets on in the capsule but the females don't. When I reach space all of them have helmets, and when I land they all take them off. But when I go on EVA right after launching the vessel only the males wear it. It's not causing trouble but it's definitely funky behavior that should get fixed.

Hmm Do you have the second folder forr TRR called "000_TRR_Config"  ? If not , uninstall TRR and reinstall it. I had problem with the distribution on CKAN

Edited by HaArLiNsH

I am getting fps killer nullref spam messages.

Here is my ksp.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43iurzt8s9v7jlf/KSPLOG.rar?dl=0

I have textures unlimited installed, also EVE, scatterer and many mods....

It doesn't happen allways... I think it is generally on surface, or near surface...

Here is what I mean, mostly:

Spoiler

[EXC 00:51:46.899] NullReferenceException
    scatterer.DisableEffectsForTextureReplacer.OnPostRender ()
    UnityEngine.Camera:RenderToCubemap(RenderTexture, Int32)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:renderCubeFace(RenderTexture, Int32, Vector3, Int32, Single, Single)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:renderFace(RenderTexture, Int32, Vector3)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:updateReflections(Boolean)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:Update()

Edited by Agustin

Just now, TaintedLion said:

I'm on Linux, is there any way I can disable reflections so I don't get the pink visor?

Set the reflections to "none" in  TRR's menu

On 27/11/2017 at 5:22 AM, Agustin said:

I am getting fps killer nullref spam messages.

Here is my ksp.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43iurzt8s9v7jlf/KSPLOG.rar?dl=0

I have textures unlimited installed, also EVE, scatterer and many mods....

It doesn't happen allways... I think it is generally on surface, or near surface...

Here is what I mean, mostly:

Hide contents

[EXC 00:51:46.899] NullReferenceException
    scatterer.DisableEffectsForTextureReplacer.OnPostRender ()
    UnityEngine.Camera:RenderToCubemap(RenderTexture, Int32)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:renderCubeFace(RenderTexture, Int32, Vector3, Int32, Single, Single)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:renderFace(RenderTexture, Int32, Vector3)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:updateReflections(Boolean)
    KSPShaderTools.ReflectionManager:Update()

Maybe there is a compatibility issue with scatterer , I see a "DisableEffectsForTextureReplacer"  but this is Texture Replacer Replaced now.

Maybe there is (another) problem linked to the reflections , they are a pain in the ass for the moment :)

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Maybe there is a compatibility issue with scatterer , I see a "DisableEffectsForTextureReplacer"  but this is Texture Replacer Replaced now.

Maybe there is (another) problem linked to the reflections , they are a pain in the ass for the moment :)

I'm using TRR with the latest scatterer and I don't see any compatibility issues (no exceptions).

On 11/28/2017 at 8:34 AM, HaArLiNsH said:
On 11/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, TaintedLion said:

I'm on Linux, is there any way I can disable reflections so I don't get the pink visor?

Set the reflections to "none" in  TRR's menu

Previously after new Unity many mods suffered pink shaders issue. Some mods (like BDA and HullCamVDS) we were able to fix building separate shader bundles for every system and loading them properly using simple piece of code like this:

string bundleName;
switch (Application.platform)
{
case RuntimePlatform.OSXPlayer:
bundleName = "shaders.osx";
break;

case RuntimePlatform.LinuxPlayer:
bundleName = "shaders.linux";
break;

default:
bundleName = "shaders.windows";
break;

}

Of course you need shader sources to build them. I'd wish more people struggle to make their mods compatible with all platforms and stop saying something like "oh, that just doesn't work on that".

@HaArLiNsH Can you confirm the naming convention for the IVA normal map in the default folder?  Mine is named "kerbalMainGreyNRM.dds", but it is not being applied properly.  Instead, a normal map with "KSP" lettering occurs on the shoulder where my class logo is, and a KSP mission patch on the chest randomly, with some hose attachment fittings that aren't on the suit.

h05ddPj.png

a7HcuRK.png

9 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

Of course you need shader sources to build them. I'd wish more people struggle to make their mods compatible with all platforms and stop saying something like "oh, that just doesn't work on that".

yeah but the problem is that I don't know how to make theses shaders, its @Ger_space that made them and he seems to have reals difficulties to make them for the latest linux/mac unity version.

And you do know that we are doing this on our free time ? You wish people struggle more for you but ask the right question : What YOU do to help them ? I would be really happy if you made a PR to solve the problem you know :) its not like I already "lost" more than 30 hours on this particular problem.

4 hours ago, Cetera said:

@HaArLiNsH Can you confirm the naming convention for the IVA normal map in the default folder?  Mine is named "kerbalMainGreyNRM.dds", but it is not being applied properly.  Instead, a normal map with "KSP" lettering occurs on the shoulder where my class logo is, and a KSP mission patch on the chest randomly, with some hose attachment fittings that aren't on the suit.

Sorry I skipped that typo when looking at your release, the name is "kerbalMainNRM.dds", Squad made the veteran IVA the basic one and the grey was the extra.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

1 minute ago, HaArLiNsH said:
9 hours ago, ThirdOfSeven said:

yeah but the problem is that I don't know how to make theses shaders, its @Ger_space that made them and he seems to have reals difficulties to make them for the latest linux/mac unity version.

And you do know that we are doing this on our free time ? You wish people struggle more for you but ask the right question : What YOU do to help them ? I would be really happy if you made a PR to solve the problem you know :) its not like I already "lost" more than 30 hours on this particular problem.

I didn't intend to make anybody upset, sorry. I'll make pull request so you will have time for other important things.

9 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Sorry I skipped that typo when looking at your release, the name is "kerbalMainNRM.dds", Squad made the veteran IVA the basic one and the grey was the extra.

Thanks, I've updated the pack correcting that error.  I appreciate the assistance.

Is there a way to just have a simple way to only replace the stock ksp skybox with some removed aspects of texture replacer (that are great) or without texture replacer at all? 

My reasoning is that I'm on a Mac, so the reflections do not work, but also the game gets super laggy when looking at the planet but when looking at the sky (only with a different skybox) I get 60fps, and I don't think I'd get 60fps in that situation without texture replacer installed. :confused: Sadly getting 5fps when looking at the ground is not a compromise I'd like to make.

So can I use some small file with just the area of Texture Replacers code that allows me to change the skybox?

Edited by Not Sure

7 hours ago, Not Sure said:

Is there a way to just have a simple way to only replace the stock ksp skybox with some removed aspects of texture replacer (that are great) or without texture replacer at all? 

My reasoning is that I'm on a Mac, so the reflections do not work, but also the game gets super laggy when looking at the planet but when looking at the sky (only with a different skybox) I get 60fps, and I don't think I'd get 60fps in that situation without texture replacer installed. :confused: Sadly getting 5fps when looking at the ground is not a compromise I'd like to make.

So can I use some small file with just the area of Texture Replacers code that allows me to change the skybox?

Unfortunately not, (well we could but this is a great great loss of time). I would prefer to use the time to finally find the solution for mac and linux :) .

The reflections should be solved soon or later but the performance problem you are telling me seems more important right now. Can you describe it a bit more plz ? 

I don't have a mac (or linux) so I can't test these kind of behaviors.
Does it happen with stock TRR and without any other mod ?

Does it happen when you use a skybox ?  if so , witch one ? (I mean is it a big one or a small one) You can have big lag on little configuration and huge skybox.

FWIW: I  have a MacBook Pro with a weak GPU (the integrated Intel one) and I don't see any lag when looking at the ground or the sky, even with a high-resolution skybox installed.  (I don't normally use TRR on the Mac because I was concerned about possible performance problems, but I just did some quick testing on the launchpad and it seemed fine.)

For the record, I tested with the render quality setting on "fantastic" and texture quality on "full res".

Edited by Wyzard

8 hours ago, Wyzard said:

FWIW: I  have a MacBook Pro with a weak GPU (the integrated Intel one) and I don't see any lag when looking at the ground or the sky, even with a high-resolution skybox installed.  (I don't normally use TRR on the Mac because I was concerned about possible performance problems, but I just did some quick testing on the launchpad and it seemed fine.)

For the record, I tested with the render quality setting on "fantastic" and texture quality on "full res".

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this test. :)

New version of TRR is here V0.5.4

A big Thanks to @ThirdOfSeven for his help fixing the shaders on Linux and MacOS !

• Real reflections should now work properly on Windows DirectX, Windows OpenGL, Linux and MacOS.
    The Windows OpenGL and MacOS versions are not fully tested, please report if it don't works.

• Fixed the mouth animation bug when you had real reflections on your visor. (this one was tricky to find)

• Fixed the missing default EVA ground helmet.

@HaArLiNsH- I'm looking at making a suit pack for DCK ... I'd like to be able to add the ability to change a Kerbal suit texture to any one of the textures in DCK (there are 42 textures) so you can match the suit texture to the craft that the Kerbal is flying

Is this possible or is it out of the scope of TRR?

Edited by DoctorDavinci

11 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@HaArLiNsH- I'm looking at making a suit pack for DCK ... I'd like to be able to add the ability to change a Kerbal suit texture to any one of the textures in DCK (there are 42 textures) so you can match the suit texture to the craft that the Kerbal is flying

Is this possible or is it out of the scope of TRR?

Off course its possible but it will require some works because you can't just use a texture made for a part directly on the suit (well you CAN, but it will be horrible). 

If you want 42 different color/textures for your suits, you will have to make 42 suits and selected them ingame.

You can do it "easily" if you are a bit smart on how you create and use the layers on photoshop (or any other image editing software). I though about DBArmory when i made the new settings for TRR.

You could even make "leveled" suits , so you kerbal could have military ranks or medals or decorations. 

I can give you some hints on how to make a proper "working layout system" so you would just have to change the camo layer and export.

But you have to know that you will have some work, you will have to make a base layout with all the elements/details needed on the suits (harness, insigns, others details) because if you just make a flat camo suit, it won't be good.

Also, you will have to raise the resolution of your camo for the suits,  256x256 is too little, you need a least 1024x1024;

Tell me if you want to take this path and  I'll help as I can :)

42 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

I'm just gonna bump my question.

Sry I've been distracted :)

I'll need more information , you mean ingame or you want to make your own suit ?

You can select witch suit you want to use on a particular situation ingame (like you want to use the IVA suit while in space) with the "new" menus of TRR.

9 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Off course its possible but it will require some works because you can't just use a texture made for a part directly on the suit (well you CAN, but it will be horrible). 

If you want 42 different color/textures for your suits, you will have to make 42 suits and selected them ingame.

You can do it "easily" if you are a bit smart on how you create and use the layers on photoshop (or any other image editing software). I though about DBArmory when i made the new settings for TRR.

You could even make "leveled" suits , so you kerbal could have military ranks or medals or decorations. 

I can give you some hints on how to make a proper "working layout system" so you would just have to change the camo layer and export.

But you have to know that you will have some work, you will have to make a base layout with all the elements/details needed on the suits (harness, insigns, others details) because if you just make a flat camo suit, it won't be good.

Also, you will have to raise the resolution of your camo for the suits,  256x256 is too little, you need a least 1024x1024;

Tell me if you want to take this path and  I'll help as I can :)

So making textures isn't a problem and it literally would take me an hour or so to do them all (I have a bit of experience with image editing :wink:)

I'm hoping that TRR would be able to give a user the ability to switch to any 1 of the 42 textures in DCK .... for the prelim setup I plan to use the textures in DCK and after the configs are working I will make the textures

My question is how is the TRR config written for this use case?

I doesn't matter wether a kerbal is a pilot or scientist and it shouldn't matter the environment the kerbal is in when thinking about the suit texture (perhaps in atmo the helmet is removed but not that important) .... I'm just looking for a basic selectable suit texture switch deal that I can include in DCK so the user can change the texture of a space suit to any of the textures in DCK

On 12/11/2017 at 11:32 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

I'll need more information , you mean ingame or you want to make your own suit ?

You can select witch suit you want to use on a particular situation ingame (like you want to use the IVA suit while in space) with the "new" menus of TRR.

Okay, I think I've figured it out, though might I suggest an in depth tutorial? Because these menus really aren't very intuitive.

34 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Okay, I think I've figured it out, though might I suggest an in depth tutorial? Because these menus really aren't very intuitive.

Menus are hell to make :) Its not like we have a proper UI editor, you need to hand craft it in xml, test, launch, change some things , relaunch...

But now you can use them in flight, so you should be able to understand them more easily when you use them in real time. I suggest you to "play" with them with a kerbal on the launchpad.

i should make a better tutorial, as always time is the key.

20 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So making textures isn't a problem and it literally would take me an hour or so to do them all (I have a bit of experience with image editing :wink:)

I'm hoping that TRR would be able to give a user the ability to switch to any 1 of the 42 textures in DCK .... for the prelim setup I plan to use the textures in DCK and after the configs are working I will make the textures

My question is how is the TRR config written for this use case?

I doesn't matter wether a kerbal is a pilot or scientist and it shouldn't matter the environment the kerbal is in when thinking about the suit texture (perhaps in atmo the helmet is removed but not that important) .... I'm just looking for a basic selectable suit texture switch deal that I can include in DCK so the user can change the texture of a space suit to any of the textures in DCK

As I understand the mod, your main playground is Kerbin right ? I suggest you to make a basic IVA suit set for each of the camo you want to use and configure it it so you use the elements you want depending of the situation.

let's say you just want to make camo uniform for atmospheric flight and ground, you will have to make these for each one :

-Helmet_Iva_Standard_Male0

-Helmet_Iva_Standard_MaleNRM0  (NRM = normal map)

- Suit_Iva_Standard_Male0

- Suit_Iva_Standard_MaleNRM0

Then after that you have the choice, if you want to use the stock TRR EVA ground and EVA space suits , you are done

if you want to specify with one you want to use , you need to add setting in your .cfg for the suit set (if you don't put settings there, it will use default TRR settings)

You can decide to use the same suit for all the situations if you want. You will need to make the either the EVA ground or space jetpack if you go this way (or this will look weird)

if you want to add a space suit (either ground and/or space) with camo, you will have to make the appropriate textures

You can also make visors textures for each camo if you want (again you can make the IVA,EVA ground and EVAspace)

you can also make defaults textures if you have one that is used for each of your suit set (like you want a new EVA space suit but the same for everybody)

All of these texture can be levelled, change the number 0  to maximum 5.

You have a lot of freedom, you can make a suit set from nearly only 2 textures up to 1024 if you are crazy enough :P

I suggest you to go look at the TRR_Guide (look for the TRR_Guide_MINIMUM suit set) and also Cetera's suits to see how they are structured. it seems complicated at first sight but once you understand the logic its should be quiet simple.

Then, when you want to use a particular suit set for a kerbal, open the main TRR's menu and select the suit set you want with the left and right arrows. You don't need to allocate a suit set to a class.

If you have more questions (and I bet you will), let's talk about this in PM. Don't need to overcharge this thread with "technical" stuff. :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all.  I have some sideways newby questions not exactly about TRR, but maybe someone would be kind enough to point me the right way.  I want to make a new mod making pressure suits as part of a tech progression with a very early flight emphasis.  So for instance, in early career kerbals will spawn in IVA suits and command chairs.  Prior to researching pressure suits, they will pass out if exceeding a certain altitude (for instance where TRR automatically switches from IVA to EVA suits), and lose control until descending and waking up.  Once researched, essentially it will behave like with TRR installed as-is.

I see isAtmSuitEnabled defined here, what I'm looking for is a way to more permanently change into IVA suit on spawn, with no GUI option.  The passing out will be a separate concurrent module.

Thanks for any pointers!

PS - while I'm at it, if anyone has come across any WW1-inspired, bomber jacket silk scarf and goggles IVA suit textures, please let me know

Edited by fourfa

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.