HaArLiNsH

[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, KerbMav said:

@HaArLiNsH

A bit confused here, but I think: TRR supports both ways of identifying male/female heads, pilot/engi/sci suits, config lines and folder structure?

Where do I put my own config file anyway, does it still have to go in to the TRR folder?

Edit: OK, got it - but had to remove the old TRscenario from my save file.

But, is there actually a difference between male and female suits? I somehow never saw any textures to replace the female suit?

In other news:
I ... honestly cannot believe how long it took me ... how often I scrolled past this section of the config ...


		//   Huey Kerman    = M head1 Suit1
		//   Dewey Kerman   = M head2 DEFAULT
		//   Louie Kerman   = M head3
		//   Donald Kerman  = M DEFAULT DEFAULT
		//   Daisy Kerman   = F DEFAULT
		//   Scrooge Kerman = M GENERIC Suit2

 

There is a difference between the male et female body and this affect the suit texture. In TR you could assign a full suit set to only female or male but nobody ever made a female suit. 

I think this is because nobody ever noticed the warping with low resolution texture :)

If you look closely at this picture, you will see that the shoulder, elbow and wrist are warped on Val (the pink one), the butt also don't move the same when you walk (can't see it on a still image) 

61dwBnq.png

That's why the next release of TRR will have the possibility to include a female version in the same suit set :) (and also the veteran, badSS and veteran badSS)  

For now, TRR can detect male & female head by the folder configuration (and the gender of your kerbal of course). The suits still need to be applied in the right class in the config windows just like in TR. In the future you will have a second configuration window to configure the suit set itself and you will also the ability to change how the suit set behave (like do we remove the helmet in space, is it the default suit set, ..)

27997224-32e5c4ae-64f4-11e7-8ef5-a0c4c92

27997227-3d65620e-64f4-11e7-9abd-076e884

 

Lastly, normally, you don't need to remove your TR_scenario from your persistent save, TRR use a TRR_scenario to avoid conflict :)

 

18 hours ago, trias702 said:

Have just decided to try this out. I notice that the version 0.4 zip package contains a DDS file already in the /Default directory called "logoFullRed_alt.dds". Is this file required for TRR to operate correctly, or can I safely delete it? The original TextureReplacer never had files in /Default or /EnvMap which came with the install package, hence am a bit confused.

As @Aelfhe1m said, you can remove it safely.

This was explained in the release note... I can tell that you didn't read it :) 

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I think this is because nobody ever noticed the warping with low resolution texture :)

 

That's why the next release of TRR will have the possibility to include a female version in the same suit set :) (and also the veteran, badSS and veteran badSS)  

For now, TRR can detect male & female head by the folder configuration (and the gender of your kerbal of course). The suits still need to be applied in the right class in the config windows just like in TR. In the future you will have a second configuration window to configure the suit set itself and you will also the ability to change how the suit set behave (like do we remove the helmet in space, is it the default suit set, ..)

 

Lastly, normally, you don't need to remove your TR_scenario from your persistent save, TRR use a TRR_scenario to avoid conflict :)

 

I guess it was so unnoticable that noone noticed or bothered with it.
It was difficult enough to find a couple of heads for the new Valentina-model - the older ones I had look quite weird with giving them eyeliner on their cheekbones :D - so I did not expect to find female suits really.

Cool stuff. :cool: I totally expect to loose another evening figuring out which textures to use when people start making new ones. :sticktongue:

Regarding the TR_scenario, I am notorious for trying multiple things at the same time, so usually cannot tell what did the trick ... :blush: The long load times of my stupidly modded game are to blame I guess.

But where do I have to put my personal config file anyway? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

But where do I have to put my personal config file anyway? :)

The best place would be in your MyTextureMod folder where you put all your texture. But you can also put it in the TRR's folder or anywhere in GameData :)

 

Also expect a new head system, in the future we will have levelled texture for the head, just like the suits :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[LOG 15:04:00.142] [TR.TextureReplacer] Error: Shader not found: Reflective/Bumped Diffuse

 

I'm getting this error when I try to apply a compatability patch between Cormorant's texture switching mk3 cockpit and windowshine. Here's the patch, and I edited the alphas of the ddses correctly. What gives with my Mk3 cockpit being pink?

https://pastebin.com/vmVTsZAa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MelancholyFlapper said:

[LOG 15:04:00.142] [TR.TextureReplacer] Error: Shader not found: Reflective/Bumped Diffuse

 

I'm getting this error when I try to apply a compatability patch between Cormorant's texture switching mk3 cockpit and windowshine. Here's the patch, and I edited the alphas of the ddses correctly. What gives with my Mk3 cockpit being pink?

https://pastebin.com/vmVTsZAa

The shader name got changed by Unity.

TRR provides a new one: which also supports better colored reflections and all KSP features (like highlighting and window lights)

"ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KerbMav said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5yj1va3wzmsa88w/AACdDChlmPN6ZW1j4j2xPxtaa?dl=0

While we are at it ... :D

While sitting on a rover there is always a "IVA Suit" message in the center of the screen.

Oh "funny" .. The message normally only appear for 2 sec when you toggle your suit. It seems that when your kerbal is in a exterior control pod, the system spam the toggle :) 

Does it do that in closed control pod like your rocket command pod ?

 

I will remove the message in the next release.

 

3 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The shader name got changed by Unity.

TRR provides a new one: which also supports better colored reflections and all KSP features (like highlighting and window lights)


"ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha"

 

This make me think that I will also need make a configuration windows to be able to change the reflection color for each suit set :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Oh "funny" .. The message normally only appear for 2 sec when you toggle your suit. It seems that when your kerbal is in a exterior control pod, the system spam the toggle :) 

Does it do that in closed control pod like your rocket command pod ?

No, only saw it on that rover. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2017 at 8:48 PM, KerbMav said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5yj1va3wzmsa88w/AACdDChlmPN6ZW1j4j2xPxtaa?dl=0

While we are at it ... :D

While sitting on a rover there is always a "IVA Suit" message in the center of the screen.

I just noticed something... the kerbal use the IVA suit when they are on a outside command pod !!! I mean... in this particular case they should use the EVA ground suit instead :)

I will need to make a special case for this pod...  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I just noticed something... the kerbal use the IVA suit when they are on a outside command pod !!! I mean... in this particular case they should use the EVA ground suit instead :)

I will need to make a special case for this pod...  :)

I had no chance to test an open rover outside of Kerbin yet, but sounds like a good idea. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KerbMav said:

I had no chance to test an open rover outside of Kerbin yet, but sounds like a good idea. :D

Well if you test it on kerbin they should use the iva suit, and if you slap an external command pod on a rocket, they should use the Eva space when in space :)

I 'll make an option where we have a special check for custom part like this external pod, do you know if there are other external pod like this where we see the kerbal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

do you know if there are other external pod like this where we see the kerbal ?

Huh, dunno ... I think there are mods that add rover parts, but do they add a new external seat? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, KerbMav said:

Huh, dunno ... I think there are mods that add rover parts, but do they add a new external seat? :huh:

ah maybe the rover from MKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.7.2017 at 4:01 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

 

ah maybe the rover from MKS

At least the Atika Rover from MKs comes with its own open cockpit. The Rat Pack might also, but I'm not sure is this one uses the stock command seat or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are quite a few external command parts from various mods (open plane cockpits, helicopter cockpits, boat parts, rovers, etc.) but all the ones I'm aware of use the KerbalSeat module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I'll look into this soon.

I've finished another big step yesterday : the support of the new naming system that will allow modders to make what I call the " full suit set" that can old up to 1056 different textures (528 textures images and their 528 NRM). :) 

All parts and their normal maps (helmet, jetpack, suit and visor) can be levelled, have a standard, badass, veteran and veteran badass version and a male and female version of all of this :) 

I'll update and fix the head now, we will be able to level them, and I'll try to fix the mouth,tongue,teeth and eyeball problems.

 

I'll make a release soon for this.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody has a trick to look at the tongue of our kerbals ? When I try to look at them in Eva , they just don't show.. (even on stock KSP). We can see the mouth and the teeth but not the tongue..

Do we see them when our kerbal make a happy face when they are inside a launching rocket and we see their head in the little window on the lower right side of the screen ?

Have they disappeared when they introduced the female body ? I don't remember :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I did when working on a mouth texture was make a simple rocket. Launch it and once a couple k up, do an eva and look in the mouth has they fall. They ALWAYS have the mouth WIDE open then. :D. Can't go too high though or they put the helment on. Also, it helps to cut throttle before eva or they sometimes doa  tumble and you have to way for their spin to stop.

 

You know, I don't recall seeing the tongue. But I was looking down their throat and at their teeth.

Edited by Vorg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vorg said:

What I did when working on a mouth texture was make a simple rocket. Launch it and once a couple k up, do an eva and look in the mouth has they fall. They ALWAYS have the mouth WIDE open then. :D. Can't go too high though or they put the helment on. Also, it helps to cut throttle before eva or they sometimes doa  tumble and you have to way for their spin to stop.

 

You know, I don't recall seeing the tongue. But I was looking down their throat and at their teeth.

You can see the mouth and teeth way more easily and less deadly :)

Just put them on the launchpad on EVA and zoom "trough" the head.. but I'll try we never know :)

 

I think they removed the tongue when they introduced the female body...

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really nice to finally have the texture packs separate from the replacer. Keep up the good work!

5 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I think they removed the tongue when they introduced the female body...

Tch. Everyone knows it's supposed to be a rib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CSE said:

It's really nice to finally have the texture packs separate from the replacer. Keep up the good work!

Tch. Everyone knows it's supposed to be a rib.

Maybe not for the kerbals :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2017 at 8:49 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Does anybody has a trick to look at the tongue of our kerbals ? When I try to look at them in Eva , they just don't show.. (even on stock KSP). We can see the mouth and the teeth but not the tongue..

try this MM patch with Scatterer installed

@Scatterer_config:FINAL
{
  @nearClipPlane = 0.1
}

This will make objects come much closer to the camera before they are clipped, so when zooming inside the kerbals head more of it should be visible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.7.2017 at 4:54 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

Well if you test it on kerbin they should use the iva suit, and if you slap an external command pod on a rocket, they should use the Eva space when in space :)

I 'll make an option where we have a special check for custom part like this external pod, do you know if there are other external pod like this where we see the kerbal ?

Kerbonov adds the Heavy Duty Command Seat (although not updated for KSP 1.3, latest available is for 1.2.x).

On 23.7.2017 at 5:23 AM, Vorg said:

What I did when working on a mouth texture was make a simple rocket. Launch it and once a couple k up, do an eva and look in the mouth has they fall. They ALWAYS have the mouth WIDE open then. :D. Can't go too high though or they put the helment on. Also, it helps to cut throttle before eva or they sometimes doa  tumble and you have to way for their spin to stop.

 

You know, I don't recall seeing the tongue. But I was looking down their throat and at their teeth.

On 23.7.2017 at 0:39 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

You can see the mouth and teeth way more easily and less deadly :)

Yes, with parachutes. Ah, also more easily. Never mind then.

My hat's off to you both @Vorg and @HaArLiNsH for this exchange :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

try this MM patch with Scatterer installed


@Scatterer_config:FINAL
{
  @nearClipPlane = 0.1
}

This will make objects come much closer to the camera before they are clipped, so when zooming inside the kerbals head more of it should be visible

I will try this ASAP :)

 

36 minutes ago, Technologicat said:

Kerbonov adds the Heavy Duty Command Seat (although not updated for KSP 1.3, latest available is for 1.2.x).

Yes, with parachutes. Ah, also more easily. Never mind then.

My hat's off to you both @Vorg and @HaArLiNsH for this exchange :P

I will need to make list of these external seats.

My hat's off to you for remind me a way to test @Vorg's proposal in a safely way :)

I'll this too ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Technologicat said:

Kerbonov adds the Heavy Duty Command Seat (although not updated for KSP 1.3, latest available is for 1.2.x).

The heavy duty seat is another model reskin around the KerbalSeat part module.

@HaArLiNsH Programmatically it should be enough to check if the part hosting a Kerbal has the KerbalSeat module.  

if (part.FindModuleImplementing<KerbalSeat>()) {...}

That code snippet needs optimising of course. Better to cache the result after the first check rather than call the search function every time.

Probably less hassle than trying to maintain a list of all the seat parts separately since this will need to be updated whenever a new part mod adds another seat.

Edit: Actually thinking about it there may be an exception needed for KerbalSeat modules that are modelled as enclosed spaces like in the Omicron Space Car mod.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.