HaArLiNsH

[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

Recommended Posts

When at the space center, I have reflections set to "Real". Will that still allow a transparent visor? Or are those mutually exclusive? 

I can't seem to get it transparent. I've tried to replace the EVAvisor.dds with a renamed 90.dss and a rename 10.dss and they are all opaque. I know it's not the mod and has to be something I'm stuffing up somewhere. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

When at the space center, I have reflections set to "Real". Will that still allow a transparent visor? Or are those mutually exclusive? 

I can't seem to get it transparent. I've tried to replace the EVAvisor.dds with a renamed 90.dss and a rename 10.dss and they are all opaque. I know it's not the mod and has to be something I'm stuffing up somewhere. :) 

none of them works ? are you using TRR V0.4 ?

If it don't work with this version, well you will have to wait a bit :)

Its working on my dev build, so in the worst case, you just have to wait the next release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hah - Any plan for adding .version file? Checked the version of the dll in windows explorer and it's 0.4.

Happy to wait - I'm just hoping that my test was valid and not stuffing up other ppl looking for something similar.

Thanks again for your work on this. It's certainly an interesting customization that you make available with this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 7:40 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

There you go  :)

You will find several things here :

- your original and your original in 1024x1024

- variations from 10% to 100% transparency (not exactly the same as you original because the base color was at 90% alpha, so you have a little variation) in 1024x1024

- a "flat" NRM in 1024x1024

 

You have all of this in png and in dds and you will also find the custom folder that you should use with your custom textures (and you have your original in 1024x1024 +NRM in it)

 

Thanks again man, really appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm coming back to KSP after over two years away from the game, so go gentle on me here, I'm in full-blown idiot-mode...

I've installed TextureReplacerReplaced.  I have added some textures from other sources (Scart91's texture pack for heads and suits) to ...\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\[Heads/Suits, as appropriate].

However, nothing is showing up in-game that's different from stock in this regard.

Can anyone coddle me and help figure out what I'm screwing up here?

Edited by Landwalker
Formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Landwalker said:

I'm coming back to KSP after over two years away from the game, so go gentle on me here, I'm in full-blown idiot-mode...

I've installed TextureReplacerReplaced.  I have added some textures from other sources (Scart91's texture pack for heads and suits) to ...\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\[Heads/Suits, as appropriate].

However, nothing is showing up in-game that's different from stock in this regard.

Can anyone coddle me and help figure out what I'm screwing up here?

This mod is in heavy development and isn't exactly ready to be used as an everyday mod. It's more of a modders tool at the moment, letting developers of old textures get updated for the eventual complete version of TRR. 

If you aren't making your own textures and you are just trying to use the older ones, use RangeMachines 1.3 version here:

https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases 

It still uses the old structure and directory.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This mod is in heavy development and isn't exactly ready to be used as an everyday mod. It's more of a modders tool at the moment, letting developers of old textures get updated for the eventual complete version of TRR. 

If you aren't making your own textures and you are just trying to use the older ones, use RangeMachines 1.3 version here:

https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases 

 

Ah, perfect.  Thank you very much for the direction, sir.  And best of luck with the TRR work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Galileo said:

This mod is in heavy development and isn't exactly ready to be used as an everyday mod. It's more of a modders tool at the moment, letting developers of old textures get updated for the eventual complete version of TRR. 

If you aren't making your own textures and you are just trying to use the older ones, use RangeMachines 1.3 version here:

https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases 

It still uses the old structure and directory.

 

22 hours ago, Landwalker said:

I'm coming back to KSP after over two years away from the game, so go gentle on me here, I'm in full-blown idiot-mode...

I've installed TextureReplacerReplaced.  I have added some textures from other sources (Scart91's texture pack for heads and suits) to ...\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\[Heads/Suits, as appropriate].

However, nothing is showing up in-game that's different from stock in this regard.

Can anyone coddle me and help figure out what I'm screwing up here?

I use Scart91's texture pack with texturereplacedreplaced 0.4 and it is working fine for me. @Galileo Is that not recommended? The head and suit textures are loading up without a hitch in game.

@LandwalkerMy folder structure is as follows

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Heads\ has separate female and male folders for placing individual heads textures.

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\suits\ has separate folders for each class of kerbal (scientist, engineer, pilot and more for example if you have MKS classes) The suit textures go into these.

Edited by Assassinsat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peculiar... that's how I was doing it, too, I think.

In any case, I have it working fine now using the 1.3 RangeMachines TextureReplacer that Galileo directed me towards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Assassinsat said:

 

I use Scart91's texture pack with texturereplacedreplaced 0.4 and it is working fine for me. @Galileo Is that not recommended? The head and suit textures are loading up without a hitch in game.

@LandwalkerMy folder structure is as follows

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Heads\ has separate female and male folders for placing individual heads textures.

C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\suits\ has separate folders for each class of kerbal (scientist, engineer, pilot and more for example if you have MKS classes) The suit textures go into these.

I wouldn't say it isn't recommended, but it's just easier to use RangeMachines version for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant get it to work, not changing SkyBox, though Texture Replacer 2.6.0 changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little update : I've nearly finished the new functions and cool stuff, this is a really big step for TRR. Expect more good news soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Just a little update : I've nearly finished the new functions and cool stuff, this is a really big step for TRR. Expect more good news soon :)

Looking forward to it, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a guide or something for updating old head packs to work with TRR? I searched the thread, but "heads" brings up alot of results, so I may have missed something.

I want to use Diverse Kerbal heads, but since the folder structure changed it doesn't work. I tried editing the config myself to reference TextureReplacerReplaced but that didn't work, so I'm assuming I need to do something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Is there a guide or something for updating old head packs to work with TRR? I searched the thread, but "heads" brings up alot of results, so I may have missed something.

I want to use Diverse Kerbal heads, but since the folder structure changed it doesn't work. I tried editing the config myself to reference TextureReplacerReplaced but that didn't work, so I'm assuming I need to do something else.

Look at TRR_Guide for an example of new config and folder structure. The main thing is, that male and female heads are now in separate sub-folders. I was able to update Diverse Kerbal Heads for my game this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Is there a guide or something for updating old head packs to work with TRR? I searched the thread, but "heads" brings up alot of results, so I may have missed something.

I want to use Diverse Kerbal heads, but since the folder structure changed it doesn't work. I tried editing the config myself to reference TextureReplacerReplaced but that didn't work, so I'm assuming I need to do something else.

 

3 hours ago, Eskell said:

Look at TRR_Guide for an example of new config and folder structure. The main thing is, that male and female heads are now in separate sub-folders. I was able to update Diverse Kerbal Heads for my game this way.

This has changed in the upcoming version,you still need to put your texture in a Male/ or Female/ subfolder but you will need also to put your head texture in a folder with the name of your head and use precise name inside this folder (just like you do for the suits). 

I'll make all the documentation and working examples and samples with the release. :)

I'm working hard on it but fixing the bugs take some times because of all the different new possibilities of mixing the suits depending of the situation.

I'm also doing some new default textures because I didn't found a reliable way to extract the vanilla ones inside the game. So these new textures will be really stock alike. I fixed some issues that bother me since day one (like the harness on the side that is not aligned or the hairs on the back of the head). You will still be able to use your own default textures without difficulties.

The default suits and heads are now also configurable like the customs ones.

More infos soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2017 at 5:13 AM, Falconist said:

Is there a way to remove the yellow tint on the reflection of the visor?

I found what causes this, no more forced yellow tint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to use this to replace the suit or helmet's model, too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2017 at 2:30 AM, njmksr said:

Would it be possible to use this to replace the suit or helmet's model, too?

You will have the choice between 3 textures for the helmet now. 
The next big release after this one will maybe allow us to change the model of our kerbal but I won't talk about it yet.

The release is really close, I'm making the last 2 textures needed and the guides/informations and I can post it. Normally its for today or tomorrow :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

The next big release after this one will maybe allow us to change the model of our kerbal but I won't talk about it yet.

Oooh, that'd fit the bill perfectly. I'm looking to get some fighter pilot helmets/flightsuits in game, so that'd be wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. I made an ultra high resolution (6 images, each 6000x6000 @ 24BPP, lossless) "RSS correct" galaxy cubemap. If you are interested in trying it out:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE NEW RELEASE IS HERE ! :cool:

31586173-e980b41e-b1cd-11e7-9ec5-d35d829

 

You can find the new release made for KSP 1.3.1 here : TRR V0.5 and you can also find the updated TRR_Guide here : TRR_Guide V0.4 .

There are A LOT of changes, look at the OP , or the patch log on the release page or (and mostly) at the readme on github for details.

The most notables things are :

-  TRR is provided with mandatory default textures. They are really close to the vanilla ones, I just fixed some alignment, lightning and noise problems. I also changed the logo to another KSP logo and made new NRMs. Off course, you still can use your own custom textures. One of the reasons I had to impose them, is because the default heads and suit can be configured like the custom ones now.

@SQUAD  : Tell me if they are too much stock alike and if this is problem for you. If this is the case, I'll change them asap.

- We have in-game menu to configure our suits, heads and visors. You can change many many things now.

- You can change the base color and the reflection color of your visor now :cool:. TRR is bundled with 3 grey visor (clear, mid, nearly not clear). Like the rest, you still can chnage the texture, but now you just have to change some number to make another color (by level).

- The heads have been revamped, they are now like the suits and must be putted in their own directory in the Heads/Male/ or Heads/female/ directory.

- I've added the .version file, so TRR is compatible with AVC.

- @linuxgurugamer : I said that I'll warn you when TRR is ready for CKAN, well, I do it now. I need your help. :)  

- @Cetera : You where right about the loss of quality with some tools I advice, especially NormalMapOnline and the batch process plugin for Gimp. Both compress the image, I had to export the textures in a other way. I'll update the TRR_Guide when I have the time. Be sure to export them in .dds with the "Clamp" option checked. Normal maps in .png don't give good result.

The next big release will be about meshes and 3d. I found the lost tongue mesh, I need to find a way so the game reuse it. I don't know what Squad did in our kerbal's mouth , but it was not pretty :). I also found "other" meshes, like the kerbal in civil suit, without collar and with his hands... I have big hopes for this but no clear idea yet how I will do it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.