HaArLiNsH

[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

Recommended Posts

On 3/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jiraiyah said:

ObWT56b.png?1does anyone has a working copy or link of the green skull's suite? I'm looking for the  one  with green texture, I know there was one but lost the link and now i can't find it anymore

It’s on spacedock

https://spacedock.info/mod/803/Green

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I have to admit, the new version is way less intuitive then the old TR,  I can't figure out how to get a custom texture pack to appear in game.  All I really want to do is rearrange the provided textures a little so that the dark orange suits are used in the IVA and the white ones are used outside on the veterans.  I followed the instructions provided, but I still don't see them.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

ok, I have to admit, the new version is way less intuitive then the old TR,  I can't figure out how to get a custom texture pack to appear in game.  All I really want to do is rearrange the provided textures a little so that the dark orange suits are used in the IVA and the white ones are used outside on the veterans.  I followed the instructions provided, but I still don't see them.

Well, you are trying to do things that are outside of the basic setup. The oranges suits where originally made for the veterans (jeb, bill,bob,val) and the dark orange one is for a new situation (when outside, but on the ground instead of space like the traditional EVA suit) and you can't force veteran suit on non veteran and vice versa.

BUT, you can achieve what you want by making your own texture mod that wont be affected by TRR's updates :)

- start by making you own custom folder  (as described in the OP)

Quote

It is now recommended that you use a different folder than TRR for your custom textures

WITH A PREFIX CALLED   "TRR"   like "TRR_MyTextureMod"

(or at least one that goes alphabetically after "Squad" and "TextureReplacerReplaced")

You can find an empty premade here

You just have to make 3 steps to make it ready for you :

Change the name "TRR_MyTextureMod" by the one you want,

  • Of the folder that goes in GameData/
  • Of the file TRR_MyTextureMod.cfg
  • Inside the .cfg

You can make this "TRR_MyTextureMod.cfg" also by yourself, make a TRR_MyTextureMod.txt file and rename it TRR_MyTextureMod.cfg and put this inside :


TextureReplacerReplaced
{
Folders
{
	Default = TRR_MyTextureMod/Default/
	EnvMap = TRR_MyTextureMod/EnvMap/
	Heads = TRR_MyTextureMod/Heads/
	Suits = TRR_MyTextureMod/Suits/		
}
}

- Copy the Suit_EvaGround_Veteran_Default.dds from the default folder of TRR in your custom default folder and rename it kerbalMainGrey.dds (to replace the basic iva suit by the dark oranges ones)

- again, as described in the OP, delete the 3 veterans suits from the default folder of TRR if you don't want them and use the white suits

Quote

TRR is provided with mandatory default textures.

DON'T REMOVE THEM except for these 4 if you don't like them:

  • Suit_Iva_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the IVA suit
  • Suit_EvaSpace_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAground suit
  • Suit_EvaGround_Veteran_Default : this the veteran version of the EVAspace suit
  • logoFullRed_alt : this is the custom logo at the main menu

 

 

 

Also guys, I'm working on the update of TRR, I don't have a working shader for the reflection yet BUT I've a really good feeling about our ability to change the textures of the new elements of our kerbals , this include the backpack of the parachute, the parachute itself and the new suit. 

I need to confirm this but it seems that the new suit is in the sharedassets and not in the new SquadExpansion folder... witch means that everybody should have it, dlc or not :o:cool:

I'm looking on how to switch the suit in real time (in the flight sene and not before launch),I need confirmation about the bones they use but I've great hopes . There is still also the hazmat suit that may be a possible candidate. Unfortunately, the 2 bodies with the arms seems to have different bones and thus have animation problems that may never be solved.   

I've a new version coming really soon for the latest update and then we will search to definitively fix the reflection/shader problem and expanse TRR's functionality.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I need to confirm this but it seems that the new suit is in the sharedassets and not in the new SquadExpansion folder... witch means that everybody should have it, dlc or not

Be very careful. It was when modders started enabling already-included content that was supposed to be part of a money-locked addition that Take-Two started its war against modders in GTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Electrocutor said:

Be very careful. It was when modders started enabling already-included content that was supposed to be part of a money-locked addition that Take-Two started its war against modders in GTA.

If I confirm this, I though about asking squad before enabling this, otherwise I'll find the way to activate it or not if you have the dlc or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

If I confirm this, I though about asking squad before enabling this, otherwise I'll find the way to activate it or not if you have the dlc or not.

Try a fresh download install without downloading the dlc (is that possible?) And see if it is still there in 1.4.1.  But asking is probably the most reliable way.  If you get no answer and it is there without downloading the dlc then you have asked.  You can always remove feature if requested later.  

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the help, I think I'll wait until you figure out the DLC though, I hadn't realized it messed up the new suits until I tried flying with one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update : the method I tried to use Mortimer's body is working with the new vintage suit !  and you know what.. it works also without the dlc :o :/  

I'll try to reach Squad to have an answer on the way to approach this.

 

So the good news is that we should be able to switch suit model in real time soon one way or another and I'll try to make the same texture system we use with the modern suit. I still need to try also with the hazmat suit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Quick update : the method I tried to use Mortimer's body is working with the new vintage suit !  and you know what.. it works also without the dlc :o :/  

I'll try to reach Squad to have an answer on the way to approach this.

 

So the good news is that we should be able to switch suit model in real time soon one way or another and I'll try to make the same texture system we use with the modern suit. I still need to try also with the hazmat suit.

 

Ha that's incredible! This next update is going to be something special. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all. 

I've jumped back into KSP since the new updates and loaded up my favorite mods via CKAN (best tool ever). 

I used the original Texturereplacer and with Ceteras texture pack and recall it worked a treat. 

So I fire up KSP tonight and find TRR has an issue with the pink visor. I've read the OP and did a search on pink visor in the thread and find that it's a Linux or Mac issue with OpenGL.

I run Win 7 64bit and assumed that this version of KSP runs in DX11 mode by default. Am I correct in this? 

So I've opened TRR menus but moving around the menus, I'm not seeing any changes being applied to my active kerbal.

I sincerely apologise if this question has been asked before, but Im really at a loss to get the visor working properly.

Thank you very much for these awesome mods!

A0E33FEAA6334918EDF9C0F1D2BEADAC8DA0DB60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, astrospud said:

Hello all. 

I've jumped back into KSP since the new updates and loaded up my favorite mods via CKAN (best tool ever). 

I used the original Texturereplacer and with Ceteras texture pack and recall it worked a treat. 

So I fire up KSP tonight and find TRR has an issue with the pink visor. I've read the OP and did a search on pink visor in the thread and find that it's a Linux or Mac issue with OpenGL.

I run Win 7 64bit and assumed that this version of KSP runs in DX11 mode by default. Am I correct in this? 

So I've opened TRR menus but moving around the menus, I'm not seeing any changes being applied to my active kerbal.

I sincerely apologise if this question has been asked before, but Im really at a loss to get the visor working properly.

Thank you very much for these awesome mods!

 

which KSP version you use? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest one, 1.4.1.2089

So I did a bit of experimenting. I unloaded all the mods in my list except TRR and Ceteras texture set, and added the -force-d3d11 parameter on my startup. No joy on that front, so I updated the the latest Nvidia drivers. Again, no luck there. I also deleted the 2 non- windows shaders (mac & linux) from the shaders folder.  I also looked at the folder structure and see that the EnvMap folder is empty. I assume that's for static reflections?

I've played around with the suit and helmet menus and the textures do respond to my changes, just not the visor reflections. 

I'm not sure where else to go from here.

Edited by astrospud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a AMAZING mod!

Texture Replacer is an extremely useful mod, for the simple fact of improving the graphics of the '' Kerbonaut '' costume and of course, change its texture, I recommend the modification for those who are reading, because you will not regret it.

RECOMMENDED!

Edited by MrGalaxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 4:21 PM, astrospud said:

The latest one, 1.4.1.2089

So I did a bit of experimenting. I unloaded all the mods in my list except TRR and Ceteras texture set, and added the -force-d3d11 parameter on my startup. No joy on that front, so I updated the the latest Nvidia drivers. Again, no luck there. I also deleted the 2 non- windows shaders (mac & linux) from the shaders folder.  I also looked at the folder structure and see that the EnvMap folder is empty. I assume that's for static reflections?

I've played around with the suit and helmet menus and the textures do respond to my changes, just not the visor reflections. 

I'm not sure where else to go from here.

I have lurked these forums forever. Made an account just because I think I know the answer to this. The reflections appear to be broken in KSP 1.4. However, you can disable them and get rid of the pink visor in the TRR Config (the file is called "@TRR_Default.cfg").

Search for this line and change it to false:

isVisorReflectionEnabled = true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 1:21 PM, astrospud said:

The latest one, 1.4.1.2089

So I did a bit of experimenting. I unloaded all the mods in my list except TRR and Ceteras texture set, and added the -force-d3d11 parameter on my startup. No joy on that front, so I updated the the latest Nvidia drivers. Again, no luck there. I also deleted the 2 non- windows shaders (mac & linux) from the shaders folder.  I also looked at the folder structure and see that the EnvMap folder is empty. I assume that's for static reflections?

I've played around with the suit and helmet menus and the textures do respond to my changes, just not the visor reflections. 

I'm not sure where else to go from here.

 

3 hours ago, Kwebib said:

I have lurked these forums forever. Made an account just because I think I know the answer to this. The reflections appear to be broken in KSP 1.4. However, you can disable them and get rid of the pink visor in the TRR Config (the file is called "@TRR_Default.cfg").

Search for this line and change it to false:

isVisorReflectionEnabled = true

 

Uh, guys, literally on this same page:

 

On 3/18/2018 at 6:49 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Also guys, I'm working on the update of TRR, I don't have a working shader for the reflection yet BUT I've a really good feeling about our ability to change the textures of the new elements of our kerbals , this include the backpack of the parachute, the parachute itself and the new suit. 

I need to confirm this but it seems that the new suit is in the sharedassets and not in the new SquadExpansion folder... witch means that everybody should have it, dlc or not :o:cool:

I'm looking on how to switch the suit in real time (in the flight sene and not before launch),I need confirmation about the bones they use but I've great hopes . There is still also the hazmat suit that may be a possible candidate. Unfortunately, the 2 bodies with the arms seems to have different bones and thus have animation problems that may never be solved.   

I've a new version coming really soon for the latest update and then we will search to definitively fix the reflection/shader problem and expanse TRR's functionality.

 

KSP is rocket science.  Reading the forums, and paying attention to the status updates from the mod developers, isn't.  You might also have gotten a big hint from the title tag of the mod, listing it for version 1.3.1.

Edited by Cetera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the reflections are broken, but not everything is. I have been using TRR in 1.4.1 to replace the skybox and had to turn off the visor reflections in the config.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, mea culpa. I was just going with a search on posts regarding pink visor. Surely I can't be expected to read 31 pages to get up to speed on the situation? 

Respectfully, a  bit of understanding both ways, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect you to read all the posts on the last page or two, all the posts from the past week, and possibly all the posts since the latest KSP patch/update.  The most minimal of effort would have been reading just the last page of the thread, reading only posts by the mod creator.  That would have answered your question in this case.

There is a reason mod creators actively despise a good portion of the user community, and flat out ignore low-effort posts requesting support.  If you can't take the most basic effort and the most minimal responsibility when you mod, then you shouldn't be modding your game.  They aren't creating a professional product for you.  They are creating something for free, in their spare time, out of their generosity, and owe you nothing.  If an individual needing assistance hasn't tipped them financially, or even said thank you for the work they have done to better the user's life and gaming experience, then that individual is deserving of being called out for the selfish jerks they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. That is really uncalled for. I was respectful, humble in light of the talent shown here and proactive in trying to fix something that could have been on my side, and sharing the results.

The only jerk here is you Cetera. Show some humility and social grace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, astrospud said:

Wow. That is really uncalled for. I was respectful, humble in light of the talent shown here and proactive in trying to fix something that could have been on my side, and sharing the results.

The only jerk here is you Cetera. Show some humility and social grace.

We have seen a lot of low effort post recently and as you can see, now either I don't respond to them or I do it in a quite angry way (witch is even worse than saying nothing). Its not like modding KSP is new , is the same story since the beginning, you have a big patch and all of suddenly lot of people come, don't reads the lasts discussions and ask update just like the modders HAD to work free for them instantly. They are even people that don't even read the sentences in big character in the OP.

Don't take it personally, but @Cetera is right and if I could, I would pin his words on top of the forums pages :) 

10 hours ago, astrospud said:

Surely I can't be expected to read 31 pages to get up to speed on the situation? 

Well, you don't speed it up by not doing it ... quite the opposite. :kiss:

 

 

Anyway, YES the reflections are broken, you can easily pass this problem by setting the reflections to NONE in the TRR's menu ingame (the button with the kerbal head in the toolbar). 

As for update news, I'm working on it but I'm still discussing with Squad about the legal stuff for the new suit.Even if technically it seems we could,  you can be sure at 99,99999% that I won't allow people to use it without the dlc.

Also I need to make a template for the textures based on the original ones, I don't think they will appreciate again that their texture got extracted like TR did long time ago and distributed without modifications :)

And finally, it seems they already have some plans to changes some things in the next patch about this new suit (in the API and the assets).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, astrospud said:

Wow. That is really uncalled for. I was respectful, humble in light of the talent shown here and proactive in trying to fix something that could have been on my side, and sharing the results.

The only jerk here is you Cetera. Show some humility and social grace.

While he may have been a bit strong, the fact remains that your answer was right above.

Frankly, the fact that you are using it in 1.4.1 is all that needs to be said.  

The mod is NOT compatible with 1.4.1, and if you insist on using it in 1.4.1, dont waste the modder’s time by asking for help.  And if the modder reacts, don’t be insulted.  You have no idea what it’s like to have to deal with people who keep asing the same questions over and over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the mod developers' frustration with low effort users acting all entitled and demanding updates and crying "broken!", I really do. But I am sad to see @astrospud's particularly articulate, well written, detailed and respectful post causing a small scene, when we all see so much worse all over the internet. Anyways I hope both parties remain amicable and show understanding for each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, astrospud said:

Wow. That is really uncalled for. I was respectful, humble in light of the talent shown here and proactive in trying to fix something that could have been on my side, and sharing the results.

The only jerk here is you Cetera. Show some humility and social grace.

You're now blocked.  Talk all you want, I won't ever see it.  You've acted like an entitled idiot, even if you were a well-spoken entitled idiot who can string together complete sentences.  I'm tired of dealing with entitled idiots, and I know everyone else is too.  

Chalk it up to me having a bad day, or whatever you want.  I would guess that @HaArLiNsH has at least 1000 hours in developing TRR, testing, fixing, developing texture templates, etc.  I was in contact with him for a good portion of it, and watched carefully his output.  He had to learn a lot to be able to get this far.  He didn't have that skillset starting out.

I, myself, have 100-150 hours in my texture pack.  A lot of that time stems from having to learn everything I did, from scratch, with no real assistance.  I'm sure my texture pack could be created in less than 40 hours by myself if I had to redo everything again, and maybe in less than 20 by someone who really knows what they are doing.  @linuxgurugamer maintains 40+ mods now.  How much time do you think he puts into that, for free, for your enjoyment?  Have you tipped him, subscribed on Patreon, or even said thanks?  

It is clear from your ability to not see pertinent info that you spent ~30 seconds looking for your answer.  I guarantee you spent more time putting together the post and screenshots than you did actually reading for content.  That's low-effort, entitlement BS.

Furthermore, I don't care if you and anyone else hates me for calling you out on your BS.  What are they going to do?  Ban me?  OK.  Doesn't hurt me at all.  I can still tip and thank the modders I know and love, and still play my game with the mods I use.  Will you still be able to do that, if the modders get removed from the community?  

Until you start kissing up to the modders, or contributing financially to them, you get no say in the modding transactions.  You have no power, no leverage.  The ONLY card you have to play is courtesy and respect, combined with a little intelligence and due diligence.  You threw all those cards in the trash.

Edited by Cetera
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 5:25 AM, astrospud said:

I sincerely apologise if this question has been asked before, but Im really at a loss to get the visor working properly.

Thank you very much for these awesome mods!

It has been pointed out to me that you were very thankful, further up.  I do owe you an apology, for that, and you were grateful.  I'll eat a little crow here on this one.  I apologize.

However, the rest of the point regarding entitlement and low-efforts put forth to understand the state of the mod stands.  Read for content in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.