Jump to content

[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4


Recommended Posts

Hey um I'm using @Avera9eJoe's exelent Windowshine mod that adds reflections to parts and there semes to be a glitch on where the command pods would be like a ghost and not be there and that you can see stuff like the antenna that I hid underneath the pod. I don't know if your awhere of this. Also I'm using game version 1.4.4 of Kerbal space program and this mod has been dead for a long time and I want Windowshine Soo badly. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cetera said:

@Trekkie148 That is a known bug.  I can't remember if it is a TRR thing, or a shader thing from Windowshine, but it isn't fixable at this time.  I think I remember it being Windowshine.

 

@HaArLiNsH Any news and progress on updates for TRR?

Windowshine uses TRR's plugin so its a TRR problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I am finally ready to move away from my 1.3.1 Save and try and start a 1.4.5 career game. I know that there is no official 1.4 support. and I don’t expect any. "No demands here" But I would like to know if I should just use regular TextureReplacer or Hold out on TRR? I have all my suits and sky-boxes set up to run on TRR. I have a working Linux shader and the only thing  keeping my OCD from letting me use TRR is this. Cs4W0UN.pngI haven’t seen anyone mention this on the forum and I wondered if there was some sort of ConfigFile solution I could fix on my own?  Thanks in advance If no one knows no worries just thought it couldn’t hurt to ask?  

Edited by Delbrutis
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2018 at 4:44 AM, Delbrutis said:

So I am finally ready to move away from my 1.3.1 Save and try and start a 1.4.5 career game. I know that there is no official 1.4 support. and I don’t expect any. "No demands here" But I would like to know if I should just use regular TextureReplacer or Hold out on TRR? I have all my suits and sky-boxes set up to run on TRR. I have a working Linux shader and the only thing  keeping my OCD from letting me use TRR is this. Cs4W0UN.pngI haven’t seen anyone mention this on the forum and I wondered if there was some sort of ConfigFile solution I could fix on my own?  Thanks in advance If no one knows no worries just thought it couldn’t hurt to ask?  

I have this fixed.

 

I know I already told that before but I'm still working on TRR. I'm seriously looking to find another and better way to change the look of our kerbal but without the need of so many textures files. I have the new suit working with custom textures but it just add more and more textures needed and this will become too much with the others bodies aswell. I'm also looking on using Texture Unlimited for the shader to get the reflections back but with a proper one this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I have this fixed.

 

I know I already told that before but I'm still working on TRR. I'm seriously looking to find another and better way to change the look of our kerbal but without the need of so many textures files. I have the new suit working with custom textures but it just add more and more textures needed and this will become too much with the others bodies aswell. I'm also looking on using Texture Unlimited for the shader to get the reflections back but with a proper one this time.

Thanks for the reply like I said no hurry. I think if Texture Unlimited could be used for visor reflections it would be fantastic. I have been using TU as a replacement for Window-Shine and Planet-Shine for some time now. I really cant comment as to how it works under windows for Direct X users but with Open-GL under Linux I have not noticed any performance impact from using it. I know using TR shaders  for window and visor reflections can have a noticeable performance impact depending on how they are set up and how many you have on the screen at one time. Switching to TU seems like it would take a pretty big rewrite? I have been using the Linux shader from the newest version of TR with TRR  and it seems to be working fine for me. Take your time and do what you need to do. Something else will probably break when 1.5 comes out anyway so no rush. And thanks for all the work you put into this.  

Edited by Delbrutis
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Last update changed a bit of things ... but this could maybe help for the idea I was trying. Sry guys still no real update for you yet but I still work on a new system.

From a VERY fan of your mod (... and being fond of my artwork on the spacesuits made with TRR in mind for 1.3.1), I'm waiting your work...

 

... because basically yours is one of the mod I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT (and one of the causes that I'm still playing KSP 1.3.1)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Araym said:

From a VERY fan of your mod (... and being fond of my artwork on the spacesuits made with TRR in mind for 1.3.1), I'm waiting your work...

 

... because basically yours is one of the mod I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT (and one of the causes that I'm still playing KSP 1.3.1)

I don't know if you aware, but the original Texture Replacer author came back and he updated it for 1.4.5. It would of been working for 1.5 but Squad added in the new suits and I think they also change some names on files, so TR and TRR have some issues to fix. But like I said the original TR works fine in 1.4.5

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

I don't know if you aware, but the original Texture Replacer author came back and he updated it for 1.4.5. It would of been working for 1.5 but Squad added in the new suits and I think they also change some names on files, so TR and TRR have some issues to fix. But like I said the original TR works fine in 1.4.5

Thanks, but:
1- the new parts from 1.4 and 1.5 are already backported to my 1.3.1 install (MH included), with fully functional colors/meshes swap if available
2- i do not care of making history as "scenario maker"
3- I'm waiting @HaArLiNsH civilian bodies
4- as heavy modded player, 1.4 was a mess-of-bugs, 1.5 lacks a lot of things that in 1.3.1 were stable for me :P

5- ... i'm not a very fan of the new way KSP is going: being here since 0.15, I feel that the "original" KSP ended at 1.3.1... TakeTwo's KSP feels for me a side project for them, just to ride the brand that they purchased

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 5:06 PM, Araym said:

Thanks, but:
1- the new parts from 1.4 and 1.5 are already backported to my 1.3.1 install (MH included), with fully functional colors/meshes swap if available
2- i do not care of making history as "scenario maker"
3- I'm waiting @HaArLiNsH civilian bodies
4- as heavy modded player, 1.4 was a mess-of-bugs, 1.5 lacks a lot of things that in 1.3.1 were stable for me :P

5- ... i'm not a very fan of the new way KSP is going: being here since 0.15, I feel that the "original" KSP ended at 1.3.1... TakeTwo's KSP feels for me a side project for them, just to ride the brand that they purchased

Don't hold your breath for the civilian bodies... I tried everything I could think of (and for a long time) and this is impossible to do without redistribute these bodies with a proper skeleton (and I can't do that legally..)
I could successfully transfer the meshes, even transfer and rename the "bad bones" BUT then the weight of the meshes if off ... And, as far as I know,  you can only correct this when you import a model in the Unity Editor and re-export them (and I can't do that legally..)

I will give the possibility to use them but the arms aren't going to work as intended ... the new retro suit work flawlessly (good bones), so at least you will be able to change it in real time in the flight scene.

Why on earth did they made so similar bodies with a different skeleton ??  I just can't understand this  :mad:

So my main focus is to change the texture system we have now to something more light because having to make and load thousand of textures files is not really a good thing to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 2:09 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

I will give the possibility to use them but the arms aren't going to work as intended ... the new retro suit work flawlessly (good bones), so at least you will be able to change it in real time in the flight scene.

That's to bad I was really looking forward to the possibility of getting rid of the horrible neck collar. The new space suits seem nice but it looks like using all our old suit files is out? Do you know if the old suit models are still in the game? And if so would it be possible to switch between the two? I am already missing my Apollo and Soyuz suits . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Here comes a sad and a good news guys.

The sad news is that TRR is going to an end as it is for multiple reasons. First, the new suit changed a lot of things and secondly, as @shaw is back on developing TR, I don't want to step on his foot with TRR being a fork of his mod. 

The good news is that I should come back with a brand new mod dedicated to our kerbals in the future !

I learned a lot of things with TRR and my bodies experimentation and now I want to make a proper body changer mod. I can make and play with the textures, lets now do that with new bodies with something I made myself and that don't concurrence directly any other mods.

In the meantime, a big thank you to everybody that used and help me develop TRR. This is not the end ! :kiss:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I learned a lot of things with TRR and my bodies experimentation and now I want to make a proper body changer mod. I can make and play with the textures, lets now do that with new bodies with something I made myself and that don't concurrence directly any other mods.

sounds like a cool focus. Look forward to seeing what develops

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I learned a lot of things with TRR and my bodies experimentation and now I want to make a proper body changer mod.

Heyya.  Sad but also excited!

I too wanted the collars gone.  But more so I'd like to see a mod where I can make avstars of my kids faces :)

Good luck! Peace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

I think something is wrong and im not sure whether or not its this mod... because the visor on the EVA suit is this glowing neon pink(missing texture) I just wanted to know if it could be fixed

If you are using Windows, please try the shaders.windows file linked in the "Links" section in the first post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mindseyemodels said:

oookay… what will this do?

When Squad updated KSP 1.3.1 to 1.4, they also upgraded the Unity version they built in; After experimenting with fixing the pink visors, I found that recompiling the shader file on the same Unity version Squad used fixed my problem, and shared it here. @HaArLiNsH added my fix in his original post under the Links section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...