KSP Challenge "Place the groundstations"

Mikki

Here is my entry for the actual "Place the groundstations" KSP Forum Challenge...

This is the craftfile, KSP 1.3 stock, Dropboxdownload: ChopSui

How to operate:

AG 1: Undock both engines (only once after first load to runway)
AG 2: Toggle Klaw to grab/ release engines (make sure engines don`t spin anymore)
AG 7: Toggle ramp, ladders

- Find out yourself how to fly, spin up the engines to max (one left, the other right) and extend first the rear large, then the front large controlsurfaces (Rotorwings -20/20 to hover slowly up, increase to your liking)

- Tune the small elevons to control the spinningspeed, they do lift aswell alot when extended
(-150/150 to hover slowly up, can be retracted completly during flight/descend)

- Make sure SAS on the engines is ALLWAYS DISABLED

Okay, the challenge:

So is slapped together a "Khinook" double rotor chopper to deliver Azimechs groundstation, i slightly made it more efficient in terms of weight, but it is basically his contraption.
The Chopper is called "ChopSui" and has some crazy feats, like the ability to redock the engines after landing and save the game in progress, this can be done infinitly without failure, sufficiently tested at least 50+ times.
Rotors are counterrotating and have small and large elevons which can all be pitched inflight to alter the flightattitude, in the rear are about 13 large reactionwheels to maintain a calm and safe flight behaviour, a little work to fly this thing is still necessary though.
RGU units are powering the rotors and the chopper self, no fuel in whatever form is needed.:)

Top ceiling loaded is ??? I stopped at 7000 meters altitude and left the game... Chopper was still ascending straight up at 10 m/s.
Top speed loaded is depending on the altitude (2000-? m) around 35m/s flatout, which makes a whopping but still relaxing 126 km/h

Imgur Album of the first three legs, yes the challenge is hard... :0.0: Watch the mission time, i cannot timewarp... :D

Imgur Album 2 of the next few legs, still not at the destination... :0.0:

Imgur Album 3 of the final leg, one groundstation delivered! YESSS!!! :cool::D:0.0: 50 Points!!!

02Uu1Ge.png

wcyEB0S.png

OUFekMM.png

50 Points so far!

Edited by Mikki

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.