Vinhero100

What Have You Done In real-life, Space related?

60 posts in this topic

I want  to get a reusable model rocket.

So far I've found a few dozen planet candidates, including several multi-planet systems. A lot of this work has been done in collaboration with users on Exoplanet Explorers, including @Cabbink.

Also I do often take out my 8" Dobsonian to take a look at the Moon or Jupiter or even just a random star field. I haven't been doing it as much lately, however.

Gone to the Real KSC, seen a rocket launch (MUOS-5) and got a telescope and look at Jupiter and Saturn all the time.

1 person likes this

I saw a meteorite fall apart falling from space, or was it a satellite..?

I don't know, but I saw it about a few months ago

Watched the Perseids on the 12 (august), saw 10 in an hour, that's good considering there was a festival with spotlights/laserlights about 2 km away.

1 person likes this

On 8/11/2017 at 6:41 PM, thekspbegginer said:

I want  to get a reusable model rocket.

As far as I know, most of them are reusable.  At least all of mine were, not counting the ones lost in trees or lakes or that I just plain never saw again. 

1 person likes this

Been to space camp. Went to Air & Space museum many times.  Went to first shuttle launch. Had telescope years ago, saw mars, venus.  Visited Intrepid to see Enterprise.  Went to  Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum, Chantilly, Virginia,

Stargazed, tried to make out the constellations.

Used my telescope on Jupiter.

Because nobody else has mentioned it in this thread yet:

I saw Halley's Comet on its last flyby. The local amateur astronomy club held free viewing events in the oval next to my school, so I got to check it out through a surprisingly powerful telescope as well as dad's modest binoculars.

Whatched every SpaceX launch ever and launched amodel rocket... there were no kersplosions. I also have the space exploration Merit Badge in Boy Scouts