[1.3.1] [EN | ES | DE] Action Group Manager Continued

Alshain

PqmaIJw.png

TV3lXsp.png

What This Mod Does

• Add, Remove, Edit your action groups in flight.
  • Manage your action groups from the tweakables menu.
  • Add or remove all the symmetry counterparts of a part.
  • Works with modded parts that add actions.
  • Supports Career Mode action group limitations.
  • Filter parts by category, stage, and/or a custom search string.
  • Highlight parts for easy recognition.
  • Adapts to vessel change, part destruction, decoupling, docking etc.
  • Recap window provides a quick summary of all action groups that can remain open on screen at all times.
  • Window customization allows it to look the way you want it.
  • Supports full localization.

What This Mod Does Not Do

• Supplant the stock Action Group system
  • Add new Action Groups
  • Add naming of Action Groups
  • Modify craft files saved in the editors

For all of these features and more please see @Diazo's wonderful Action Groups Extended.  This mod targets a different audience.

Installation

Unzip the content of the archive and drop the entire AquilaEnterprises folder into your KSP GameData folder.  Overwrite as necessary.

Usage Instructions

Action Group Manager

HUBDQEl.png7u7BQcp.png

1. Part Category Filter - Clicking one of these buttons will filter the choices in the Parts & Actions List based on the indicated editor category.
  2. Parts & Actions List - This list displays all the parts on the craft that support action groups.
  3. Vessel Name - This displays the current vessel name for reference.
  4. Actions Group List - This list displays all of the actions currently assigned to the selected action group.
  5. Action Group Selector - Selects the action group to be displayed in the Action Group List.
  6. Tooltip Bar - This shows context sensitive information about the tool the mouse is hovering over.
  7. Part Search - Typing in this box will begin a new filter of the Parts & Actions List based on the search criteria.  This combines with the Part Category Filter.
  8. Clear Part Search Filter - This button will quickly clear the Part Search text box.
  9. Part Selector & Highlighter - Highlights the associated part on the craft and opens it's list of available actions. Note: In Classic View the part highlighter is an independent button.
  10. Stage Sort Option - Clicking this button will sort all the parts in the Parts & Actions List into groups by the assigned stage.
  11. Group Indicator - This button indicates that the action or an action in the part is in an action group.  Click to select that action group in the Action Group List.
  12. Remove All Actions - This button removes all the actions from the selected action group after a confirmation prompt.  Click any Part Selector or Part Finder button to clear the confirmation and cancel.
  13. Part Finder - This finds the associated part in the Parts & Actions List. Notes: This respects filters, so the part may not appear if the filter is excluding it.  In Classic View the part finder is an independent button.
  14. AGM Settings - Opens the settings dialog for Action Group Manager
  15. Part Action - Indicates an action that belongs to the selected part.
  16. Add Action - Adds the action to the selected action group.
  17. Remove Action - Removes the associated action from the selected action group.
  18. Remove Action in Symmetry - Removes the same action for all parts in symmetry with this one from the action group.
  19. Add Action in Symmetry - Adds the same action for all parts in symmetry with this one to the selected action group.

Action Group List Action Group Settings
Ailohxi.png Qpzl5wu.png
The Action Group List is a reference window which is designed to be kept on the screen or opened and closed as needed so you do not have to remember all of your action group assignments.  This list will expand vertically until it reaches it's cap. The settings menu allows you to adjust various visual elements of Action Group Manager as well as confirm the version of AGM that you are running and ignore respecting the Career mode building upgrades.

Tweakable UI

The Tweakable UI is feature of Action Group Manager which allows your to assign your action groups through a drill down-style menu by right clicking the part you want to assign.  To use it, first right click the root part of your vessel and choose the AGM : Enable option.  From there you can right click any part with actions and follow the drill down menu to assign your action.  This feature operates independently of the other AGM windows, however it may also be used in conjunction with them.

5u6biy6.png -> 6YpF2pN.png -> oMQiWBl.png -> ZoXSZOa.png -> qLcBgky.png

Bug Reports

To make a bug report, please use the Github Issue Tracker.  Browse the current list of issues to see if your problem has been reported, if so you may add any relevant information that you have to that issue.  Otherwise a new issue may be created.

License

The code and icon of this fork are released under the terms of the MIT License.

Version Checking

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Dependencies

This mod includes the following dependencies:

MiniAVC
Authors: Cybutek
Version: 1.0.3.3
Website: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72169-13-12
License: GPLv3

Toolbar Continued (Wrapper)
Authors: Maik Schreiber (Blizzy78), linuxgurugamer
Version: 1.7.14
Website: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/161857-13
License: 2-Clause BSD

Special Thanks

@SirJulio - The original creator of Action Group Manager

@ExplorerKlatt, @Khatharr, and @dueb - Community contributors that kept the original version working through the years. (If I missed anyone, please let me know!)

Translations:

@fitiales - Spanish

@Three_Pounds - German

Download 2.2.1
Change Logs may be viewed at either download location

SpaceDock Download
Github Download

Source | Issue Tracker

Edited by Alshain

Idea is good ...if this won't clutter persistent and craft files like an Action Groups Extended do. :/

But UI is not intuitive and pretty confusing, IMO. :confused: It would be much better to unify it with stock AG editor. AG list on the left, current assigner actions in the center column and the rest of actions on the right. Click on vessel part -> see it actions, click on action group -> highlight affected parts. Simple, intuitive, handy...

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

Looks interesting, and possibly a worth alternative to Action Groups Extended.

Believe it or not, AGE was an alternative to this one.  It's a very old mod.

2 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

Idea is good ...if this won't clutter persistent and craft files like an Action Groups Extended do. :/

But UI is not intuitive and pretty confusing, IMO. :confused: It would be much better to unify it with stock AG editor. AG list on the left, current assigner actions in the center column and the rest of actions on the right. Click on vessel part -> see it actions, click on action group -> highlight affected parts. Simple, intuitive, handy...

Yes, it was always a little quirky in it's design but even now nobody has come up with a replacement for it that doesn't supplant the entire action group system.

When I open the recap window, I can’t seem to have a way to close it. And clicking several times on the R button do bring multiple such window (that can’t be closed) up.

Also when clicking on the mod icon in the toolbar, multiple windows will be created. Shouldn’t this act more like a window visibility toggle ?

19 hours ago, slubman said:

When I open the recap window, I can’t seem to have a way to close it. And clicking several times on the R button do bring multiple such window (that can’t be closed) up.

Also when clicking on the mod icon in the toolbar, multiple windows will be created. Shouldn’t this act more like a window visibility toggle ?

I am able to reproduce the problems with the Recap window.  I will see what I can do about that.

However,  am not able to reproduce the same issue with the AppLauncher button.  For me it turns off and on like a toggle.  Is there anything specific you have to do first to make it behave that way?

Edited by Alshain

- Version 1.4.2 Released -

Folder & File names have changed. Please delete old installations to remove unneeded resources.

Change Log:

- Restore Blizzy's Toolbar Support
- Fix Bug that prevented Recap window from being closed
- Fix Bug that added an erroneous "REPLACEWITHDEFAULT" button

Edited by Alshain

I can confirm that the two issues I reported have been fixed in version 1.4.2.

Thank you very much @Alshain.

Now if I can add a little improvement request, when pressing F2, the AGM windows stays visible if they are open. It's not a big problem as now I can actually close them before activating F2, but if they could obey this keypress, would be better imho.

Edited by slubman

@slubman That's a good idea.  Some requests may take a little more time as I get accustomed to someone else's coding style.  With that in mind and not wanting to lose track of stuff on this thread I have decided for this project to go ahead an open the Github Issues page.  I've added your suggestion as the first entry.  Anyone is free to add bug reports and suggestions.

Theoretically, it should work in 1.2.2.  I don't think I added anything from 1.3 to it.  However, I have not tested it. 

The only thing I changed due to API change was RenderManager, which transitions to Unity's OnGui method instead.  However, RenderManager was removed in 1.2.

EDIT: Oh and also the AppLauncher button.  But again, that was before 1.2.2.

Eventually I will be adding localization support.  At this point that is kind of a distant thought though.

Edited by Alshain

10 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

no but here's a link to the old version of it (before Alshian's takeover) https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1zq3q7u05ie4m3/AGM_1.2.2_x64.zip?dl=0 that is for 1.2.2 (I have no idea if it works or not, I didn't make it or use it)

Yeah, from what I can remember it worked fine (from the few tests I ran) when I recompiled it. If there was tons of errors I wouldn't have released it, for sure.

But since it's just the original source recompiled, I guess it's kidda stable.

I am pleased to announce the release of AGM Version 2!  A lot has changed so be sure to read the new Usage Instructions in the original post!  The number one thing to be aware of is that Action Group buttons are no longer multi-modal (multi-function).  You now select the Action Group you want to edit first (even if it is empty), and then add/remove the actions.  Changes are saved immediately, no need to click the button again!  This is introduced with a brand new customizable UI so you can choose the way you prefer it.

- Version 2.0.0 Released -

Change Log:

• Removed Action Group Button Modality (All Views)
  • New Overhauled UI (optional)
  • Part Highlighting is Automatic When a Part is Selected (New View Only)
  • Part Find Function moved to clicking the part name in the actions list (New View Only)
  • Added Version Checking
  • Added Dependency Info and Licenses in accordance with posting guidelines
  • Large Code Optimizations

29 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Would it be possible to make the black Unity skin available?
Many mods (MechJeb and Blizzy's Toolbar for example) use it or have it as an option. And it looks SO MUCH better than the grey KSP skin.

Strangely there is an option for this that was always in the code, but it doesn't seem to work.  In fact the boolean (hard coded) that indicates which skin to use was set to use the black Unity skin when I forked the project.

If I do figure out how to fix it, it will be defaulted off because I find it ugly (I'm more in the KER/KAC camp there).  However, as a developer, I am all for giving people choices and letting them decide what they like.

Edited by Alshain

18 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Strangely there is an option for this that was always in the code, but it doesn't seem to work.  In fact the boolean (hard coded) that indicates which skin to use was set to use the black Unity skin when I forked the project.

If I do figure out how to fix it, it will be defaulted off because I find it ugly (I'm more in the KER/KAC camp there).  However, as a developer, I am all for giving people choices and letting them decide what they like.

Good to hear you're not against it. I honestly do not care about the default setting, as developer that's entirely your prerogative. But since I prefer the black Unity skin about the grey KSP skin any day of the week I would really appreciate the option to choose.

Perhaps one of the other modders that already offer the option can point you in the right direction.

Well if anyone knows they are welcome to chime in.  I am still learning the UI stuff (which is apparently the old Unity 4 UI stuff).  This here is the class where it is defined.  Everything is derived from baseSkin, which is set to either HighLogic.Skin (comes from KSP) or GUI.Skin (comes from Unity) as defined by UseKSPSkin.  Changing the UseKSPSkin boolean doesn't seem to do anything though.

EDIT: ... and I think I just found it.  The main window declaration was hard coded to HighLogic.Skin.

EDIT 2: @Tex_NL

So, it actually converted fairly well (for an ugly black skin :P ) It's going to take a little tweaking (not sure what is wrong with the part search) but I should be able to get that in for the next release.

D6iKxVK.png

Edited by Alshain

just wondering - in which way does it differ to "ActionGroups Extended" (yes, i read the OP) and, especially, its way to save the settings?

Did i miss that part? Sry if so

Edited by Speadge

3 minutes ago, Speadge said:

just wondering - in which way does it differ to "ActionGroups Extended" and, especially, its way to save the settings?

Did i miss that part? Sry then

Action Groups Extended creates new action groups.  Those new action groups have to be saved into the craft file, which means it's sort-of not stock anymore.  I say "sort-of", because you can still load the craft in a stock game but you can't use the new action groups in it, so the craft can't be totally used as it was designed in stock if it was designed to use more than the base groups.

AGM doesn't edit craft files, it only affects the persistence file (active flights).  In fact the mod doesn't even load until you go to a vessel in flight.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.