[1.3.1] [EN | ES | DE] Action Group Manager Continued

Alshain

On 12/13/2017 at 8:41 PM, CN_Warren said:

@Alshain  see need to translate, <ToolBar> I pull localization support and Chinese translation,i am is a reliable translator. see it
I want to translate AGM.

Need Chinese translation ? Do't know anyone has started this work ?

Not as far as I am aware.  We could use a Chinese translation.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 3:09 PM, LEGIONBOSS said:

I've just discovered this, and it's awesome, but where did the X button that closes the windows go? I'm not using any kind of toolbar mods.

You just click the app launcher button again.  Maintaining the separate button caused a lot of inefficiencies in the old Unity system because it had to constantly check to keep the two buttons in sync.  With only one button, it knows when it has been pressed so no need to run checks every frame.

51 minutes ago, Alshain said:

You just click the app launcher button again.  Maintaining the separate button caused a lot of inefficiencies in the old Unity system because it had to constantly check to keep the two buttons in sync.  With only one button, it knows when it has been pressed so no need to run checks every frame.

Interesting! Thank you for the response.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have a lot of time these days due to a new job, so while I do plan to update this mod I'm not keen on doing it 20 times while the developer tries to figure out how to make a stable game.  There will be an update, just not until I'm convinced this version 1.4 has had it's actual release.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/12/2018 at 6:56 PM, Alshain said:

I don't have a lot of time these days due to a new job, so while I do plan to update this mod I'm not keen on doing it 20 times while the developer tries to figure out how to make a stable game.  There will be an update, just not until I'm convinced this version 1.4 has had it's actual release.

@Alshain

I am going to be rebuilding this for my own use (I need it for my 1.4.3 playthrough), and will be adding support for the ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController.  Would you be interested in the changes?

Edit:  Just an FYI, a simple recompile was all that was needed to get the mod itself working in 1.4.3

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@Alshain

I have it working with both the ClickThroughBlocker and the ToolbarController.

The size of the compiled code of the AGM-VisualUI.dll went from 51K down to 40K, and the codebase itself is simplified by not having to manage two different buttons

Edited by linuxgurugamer

For anyone interested:

I have updated and modified this mod for my own game.  No changes to functionality, the changes are:

• Replaced Toolbar code with ToolbarController, reduced code size by 10k
  • Added support for ClickThroughBlocker
  • Added AssemblyVersion.tt to put version number into dll
  • Updated .version file to support 1.4

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ActionGroupManager/releases

My version REQUIRES the ClickThroughBlocker and the ToolbarController.

Original license applies

This license applies to all new code and resources from AGMC.
Action Group Manager original code and resources are license under the WTFPL

Please direct questions about this version to me.  For now, I'm going to leave it in this thread in the hopes that @Alshain will come back and continue.  I've offered my changes to him, but it's his decision.

If @Alshain requests that I not do this support in this thread, I'll request that it be moved into a new thread.  Also, if/when @Alshain releases his 1.4 version, I'll remove mine from availability.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2018 at 5:31 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

For anyone interested:

I have updated and modified this mod for my own game.  No changes to functionality, the changes are:

Original license applies

Please direct questions about this version to me.  For now, I'm going to leave it in this thread in the hopes that @Alshain will come back and continue.  I've offered my changes to him, but it's his decision.

If @Alshain requests that I not do this support in this thread, I'll request that it be moved into a new thread.  Also, if/when @Alshain releases his 1.4 version, I'll remove mine from availability.

Thanks for updating this. I was never a fan of the other mod, Action Group Extended, its very hard for me to use. I always liked something as simple as this. Thanks again!

For anyone interested:

Original license applies

@linuxgurugamer I'm not getting any AGM settings button on top right of window or the X to close it. The only way I saw there were options settings for AGM was in when I create a new game and go into game difficulty settings.

I don't know if this useful, here is my logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nRIZUEFUSiccYIO3MIi_f2uKMEQNB130

Edited by therealcrow999

55 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamer I'm not getting any AGM settings button on top right of window or the X to close it. The only way I saw there were options settings for AGM was in when I create a new game and go into game difficulty settings.

I don't know if this useful, here is my logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nRIZUEFUSiccYIO3MIi_f2uKMEQNB130

Both of these were removed before my version:

• The settings button was removed and the settings were moved to the stock settings
  • The X button was removed quite a while ago, click the toolbar button to make it go away
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested:

Original license applies

@linuxgurugamerAre you officially taking this mod over? And is it going to be put on CKAN? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Most likely. But I have to give him another chance to come back.

@linuxgurugamerHow long do you give someone to come back? I notice you have been maintaining a lot of the mods, thanks for the hard work. A lot of my favorite vital mods, you have kept up-to-date. 

29 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerHow long do you give someone to come back? I notice you have been maintaining a lot of the mods, thanks for the hard work. A lot of my favorite vital mods, you have kept up-to-date. 

When I first did this mod. It wasn't that long done he had been here. A few months is normal, in this case he had said he was waiting for a stable 1.4 for a while, so middle of next week is my unofficial deadline

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When I first did this mod. It wasn't that long done he had been here. A few months is normal, in this case he had said he was waiting for a stable 1.4 for a while, so middle of next week is my unofficial deadline

Yeah I have been away from the game for a few years or more. I've helped out some of the modders. I started playing KSP around 0.7 or 0.12 when the Mun was added. 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The good news  is that I haven't heard of any problems with my version

Yeah there are no issues with yours. I always referred this mod over Action Group Extended, that one isn't user friendly. I just need a simple on the fly action group adder, like this one. So this one does the job.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.